QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of interesting that no one cares about this figure for months, and as soon as crappy photos come out. . . . here come the wolves.

With the exception of delay notices, there has been no official news on this figure for several months. QMX posted a tease before SDCC to get everyone excited about seeing the figure displayed there. What we got was a huge disappointment compared to what we've been expecting, especially after news of production moving to a new factory that could produce the high quality QMX has been promising since the prototype debuted in Dallas last year.

People aren't complaining about crappy photos--the photos aren't bad quality. People are complaining that the figure on display at SDCC may be the figure QMX ships out. Considering the initial hype for this figure, and the silence from QMX after the responses from SDCC, it would seem our fears may be warranted.

Hmm...the display placard next to the loose figure said "prototype".

The Tweet slamscaper received says "Production. It's the final packaging and everything". So maybe they meant the boxed figure, which "appears" to be signifcantly better looking, is the production piece.

Keep reaching, I've got you...I've got you! :lol

cliffhanger-scene-o.gif

I think we will be ok. I just started watching the series again. I love this show. 5th watch through inc.

Keep reaching, I've got you...I've got you! :lol

cliffhanger-scene-o.gif

Wow, you're really having fun with this aren't you?

Just trying to offer a possible explanation as to why we are getting conflicting information on this figure. The loose figure IS clearly labeled "prototype", yet we are being told that the figure on display is "Production, final packaging and all". The loose and packaged figures on display appear quite different in the photos. Then we have Marf's news. In the end, we aren't gonna know anything until someone gets one in hand.

With the exception of delay notices, there has been no official news on this figure for several months. QMX posted a tease before SDCC to get everyone excited about seeing the figure displayed there. What we got was a huge disappointment compared to what we've been expecting, especially after news of production moving to a new factory that could produce the high quality QMX has been promising since the prototype debuted in Dallas last year.

People aren't complaining about crappy photos--the photos aren't bad quality. People are complaining that the figure on display at SDCC may be the figure QMX ships out. Considering the initial hype for this figure, and the silence from QMX after the responses from SDCC, it would seem our fears may be warranted.

:goodpost:

Well said Zod.

I didn't fear, I've known (and been saying) QMX is a crap company for a few years from now ;p it's a true shame they hold the firefly license.

Very true. I remember having a lengthy conversation with the QMX Reps about Mal and the future of the 1/6 Firefly figures at last year's Dallas CC and it all seemed very promising and exciting. I'm not giving up total hope but these new pics have shaken me a bit. I'm glad I didn't PO anywhere and just signed up for the waitlist on their website the day we were able to.

Very true. I remember having a lengthy conversation with the QMX Reps about Mal and the future of the 1/6 Firefly figures at last year's Dallas CC and it all seemed very promising and exciting. I'm not giving up total hope but these new pics have shaken me a bit. I'm glad I didn't PO anywhere and just signed up for the waitlist on their website the day we were able to.

I did that as well. I really wish someone from QMX would clear up the confusion from SDCC and post some clear pics of what they're actually shipping out.

It would put a lot of peoples minds at rest, mine included to have QMX break the silence and give us some well lit, properly exposed images of the figure so we can see what we are getting. The whole cloak and dagger thing is getting kinda old.

Yeah, based on what Marf says this just doesn't make rational sense.

I agree, but...

Well QMX is still new at the 1/6 thing and probably just didn't think it was that big a deal. And didn't realize that collectors like us would carefully dissect every picture and notice if anything looked even a tiny bit off. :D

...this is how I'm rationalizing the irrationality of it all. :lol

Wow, you're really having fun with this aren't you?

Just trying to offer a possible explanation as to why we are getting conflicting information on this figure. The loose figure IS clearly labeled "prototype", yet we are being told that the figure on display is "Production, final packaging and all". The loose and packaged figures on display appear quite different in the photos. Then we have Marf's news. In the end, we aren't gonna know anything until someone gets one in hand.

You have to have fun with it to keep away the tears. :lol

As I said multiple times, I hope that the piece that shows up is a high quality piece! It'd be terrible for the Mal at SDCC to be the actual production piece and what everyone is going to end up with. That said, I think it'd be absolutely 100% ridiculous of QMX to not OPEN THE BOX if that's a much better version of the figure they have on display. It really makes zero sense to me.

That'd be like Sideshow showing a terrible version of a statue at SDCC, poor paint apps, misshapen headsculpt, and all, thus causing a stir on the boards they know exist, leading to cancelled orders, etc...all while they had the actual quality production piece in the box at the show, just not open. It just makes no sense.

I hope it turns out well! It's terrible that we've had no quality Firefly character collectibles yet!

When you cheat on your spouse the last thing you want to do is face that person.

QMX cheated on the collector community. They don't want to face us.

PC response.

"Hey guys, we know you're really pissed... but time is hard to come by. Yep thats right, 15 minutes is to come by while we scramble to try and justify screwing the pooch."

I actually prefer the style of the guy on the bottom :lol

...this is how I'm rationalizing the irrationality of it all. :lol
Well, that is one potential explanation :D The only thing that undercuts it is that when they were discussing it earlier on, they seemed to be developing a pretty good feel for what "high end" collectors were looking for. But in any case, now it's time to just watch and wait I guess. I will re-order right away if they end up doing an about-face here, and producing a really great looking figure as we all expected initially.

QMX is really really hurting their stance with the collector community by maintaining radio silence as much as they have been lately. They need to recognize that his license is one of the most protected in geekdom.

1. They display an amazing prototype.
2. Price point released
3. Not long after price point changes to higher due to "miscommunication"
4. Regular updates from QMXAndy
5. They break the bad news that the factory they were using wasn't turning out an up-to-par product so they were going with someone else and it would cause significant delays.
6. Radio silence commences
7. Displays a horrible product that looks like a 1970 eras GI Joe.
8. Radio silence continues
9. Takes to twitter to say that is the final production piece
10. ****ery continues.

My thinking is they weren't going to turn a product with the higher quality production factory. I think this is solid theory due to the change in price, the first production company had a great product... then nothing, no news except the change in factory... then the ****ery production piece we were given.

This is going to seriously damage their standing. Customer service is vital in this day and age... the day and age of entitlement. Do I feel entitled? HELL YES. When you ask us to drop this kind of coin on what boils down to trivial purchases then yeah, I feel entitled to regular communication.

NECA, Mattel and other companies that produce on a larger scale, sure, but lower quality product have more communication.

They know they dropped the ball. QMXAndy is hiding from us, that is what is going on.

Back