QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great if that's true, Marf.

Could the display Mal be a production sample from the first factory that they rejected? It would explain a lot if it was. But I agree it was a terrible decision to use such a bad sample to "sell" your product, especially at SDCC where people can see how bad it is first hand.

In response to a remark on their Facebook about taking their time releasing Mal, QMX responded:

[emoji14]ray:

This is probably the best (least lens distorted) reference photo we have:

19553333186_80cd92dffb_o.jpg
This picture alone has me keeping my order until in hand photos pop up.

Why would they display a figure with an oversized head and poorly fitting clothing at SDCC? If the one in the box is better, than why is that not the one displayed? It doesn't make any sense if this is the case.

I also wonder why on earth they would even have proto with an enlarged head? It was never the case with the original proto, so why show a different proto that is not up to the same standard as the previous proto?

I'm sure they've lost a lot of orders by displaying that figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as it turns out to be shiny and not a gorram tragedy I'll be happy. Very odd choice of display figure indeed.

That is very good news if it turns out to be accurate, Marf. While it makes no sense - as a production figure, there would be no reason to worry about breaking it, they will have plenty - I've seen weirder things happen.

This picture alone has me keeping my order until in hand photos pop up.

I agree. I'm holding my order at BBTS as well. Even ready to order direct from QMX to get the exclusive. As much as I cringed at seeing that first picture from SDCC, I thought that if I'm getting what's in the box, it'll be okay.

I really don't know if I can accept the explanation given for the display figure. It could only result in something such as this.

It may be an early factory sample. It isn't the one from the last two cons.

Yeah maybe someone who didn't know better simply packed the wrong figure for the trip to SDCC, and then put it out for display not realizing it looked different from the figure in the box.

And then once they realized the mistake, just decided "eh, as long as people can still see what the boxed production figure looks like, that's good enough."

Yeah maybe someone who didn't know better simply packed the wrong figure for the trip to SDCC, and then put it out for display not realizing it looked different from the figure in the box.

And then once they realized the mistake, just decided "eh, as long as people can still see what the boxed production figure looks like, that's good enough."

If that was the case, why not pull the damn production figure out of the box and put it on display. It makes zero sense to knowingly put a sub par figure on display at the biggest show of the year.

If that was the case, why not pull the damn production figure out of the box and put it on display. It makes zero sense to knowingly put a sub par figure on display at the biggest show of the year.
Once they are there and set up they run around like chickens with thier heads cut off.

Well QMX is still new at the 1/6 thing and probably just didn't think it was that big a deal. And didn't realize that collectors like us would carefully dissect every picture and notice if anything looked even a tiny bit off. :D

:lol I really hope it turns out for all that ordered it, but there's some REAL reaching going on here in terms of hoping for the best! :lol

There's no way they'd keep a garbage looking piece on display, no matter how busy they are. I mean, it's busy, but it's busy with them showcasing their displays!!!! If they saw it was a garbage prototype, they'd have swapped it out. Nobody is that busy every day, every minute. They're going to lose a lot of money over it, as that's the piece everyone was taking pictures of!

QMX also knew well enough to go to a new factory, so they're not a bunch of brain dead monkeys just hoping for the best, they know how much we all dissect pieces...especially since they check out the boards themselves.

All that aside, hopefully they make something happen so that pieces turn up better. If that display piece is what arrives on people's doorsteps, I don't think anyone will be happy. But they did say, quite happily, that it was a production piece on display at SDCC...

Hmm...the display placard next to the loose figure said "prototype".

The Tweet slamscaper received says "Production. It's the final packaging and everything". So maybe they meant the boxed figure, which "appears" to be signifcantly better looking, is the production piece.

Last edited:
I already cancelled my order before it was too late and end up with something I don't like such as drake or plisskin.

I don't want to take a chance to end up with what they had on display, especially with the contradictory stories whether it is a final product or not.

Kind of interesting that no one cares about this figure for months, and as soon as crappy photos come out. . . . here come the wolves.

People are talking about it because there was no information about the figure for a long time and it's original release date has already passed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back