PSN Down Indefinitely?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are having serious problem downloading the free games. I'd say give it a day or 2 before even attempting it so the bugs can get worked out and the traffic is down.

^Yeah, I'm starting to wonder what the heck happened when I tried to download Little Big Planet. I got a message saying that the game "can't be downloaded at this time", and it just kicked me off the screen.

Anybody that's getting the "can't be downloaded at this time" or similar message and has now lost the links to the free content should try the following:

Go to Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List and select SCEA Promotion. Then select the welcome back free games item and go to select content. You can then choose which game you want to download.

You'll probably get a bunch of error messages while navigating your way there but keep trying and you'll get it in the end.

Or you can wait till things settle down a bit...

I got an error message. It wont let me have anything. Not the free theme, or even to select 'game 1'. Just gives me a stupid error. I'll hold off for a day or two, then see what happens. ORR, I'll try again today.

I also kept getting error messages when just browsing the store this morning.

The free 30 day PS+ trial starts when you actually download it correct? Is there a certain date you have to take advantage of it by?

I love the fact that if you have multiple accounts you can get 2 free games per account.

I have a US account, a UK account and a Japan account. Of course, the Japan account is still down, but either way, this is gonna be a HUGE haul for me.

:rock

errr, just tried to get the two free games. chose dead nation and LBP. now both of my PS3 free game selections are gone but i dont know how to download the games...

anyone know whats going on?

I also kept getting error messages when just browsing the store this morning.

The free 30 day PS+ trial starts when you actually download it correct? Is there a certain date you have to take advantage of it by?

Yeah, the free 30 days PS + trial starts at the moment of activation. But of course, you should start the trial before the end of the month, when all of the free offers end. I'm going to hold off on my trial for several more days. The PSN has really been functioning slowly for the past few days because of everyone signing in and downloading all of the free stuff. This is certainly not a good time to take advantage of everything that PS+ has to offer.

^Read below.

Anybody that's getting the "can't be downloaded at this time" or similar message and has now lost the links to the free content should try the following:

Go to Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List and select SCEA Promotion. Then select the welcome back free games item and go to select content. You can then choose which game you want to download.

You'll probably get a bunch of error messages while navigating your way there but keep trying and you'll get it in the end.

Or you can wait till things settle down a bit...

Just had a second PS3 go YLOD on me, I am sure that damn update had something to do with it.

____ Sony, and ____ the PS3. I am going to sell them off for parts, and get myself a Blu-Ray home cinema system

you should youtube on how to fix it before you sell it. from what ive HEARD its quite simple fix.

Edit: Funny I post in here and 10 min later mine has problems. Anyone ever have green lines going up and down the screen when you try playing a game?

Last edited:
Back