PS3 or 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PS3 or 360 which do you preffer

• PS3

Votes: 50 50.5%

Votes: 49 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do some gaming. Not a ton. Usually Madden or Rock Band.

I prefer PS3 myself. But, that's also because I am a big Blu-ray collector.

I have had my 60GB PS3 since launch, and knock on wood, no problems.

I have both and for now I play the 360 a lot more but there are great games that are up and coming for the Ps3. And most my friends have a 360. I actually had more fun playing Resistance online than Halo, plus look at the quality of each product I've had my Ps3 since the first wave and it works perfectly, I got an elite 360 a little over a year ago and I got a disc read error the whole hard drive has to be replaced. Also look at what you get for the money a Blu-ray player wireless internet access online is free and the controlers come ready to be recharged all of this stuff is extra on the 360 except for internet access you can't even do that. So I vote Ps3 :cool:

I bought a PS3 mostly because I already had the PS2 (and I thought it was backwards compatible), but now that I have it I'm pretty excited to use the Blu-Ray player. Not that it matters without a HDTV, but one day...

Yea, you better get Gears of War 2. Enjoyed very much killing you on Halo, want to do it for GoW2.

Will do... I am nervous though because you were into GoW online and I have never played it. I have been a die hard CoD guy for about a year now.

I cant wait to see how much I will suck at GoW2

I think 360 is the best gaming console, live > PSN, more worthwhile exclusives, etc.. I also personally prefer the 360 controllers to the PS3 ones.

But really they're so close now that you can't really go wrong with either... I was adamant about this when PS3 first came out and there was a glaring difference, I think now the gap is pretty much closed.

ps3 you dont have to pay a membership fee to play online.its free!!!!
xbox you do have to pay one.

obviously, i prefer to think for myself. hence 360 is a better game console.

Umm okay? So there are a lot more out there than the PS3, so since everyone else bought one you got one too? Does that even remotely qualify as "thinking for ones self"? No, I think not.

hence PS3 is the better console, lol...

When It's working and not having to be sent to Microsoft for repair for the hundreth time
my brother still uses my launch console to this day.
I'll be here when you get your RROD. :rotfl
not likely.
Maybe, but I went through 3 PS1's and 2 PS2's so it's not like Sony's record is perfect either. Game systems go bad when you use them a lot.
i ended up on my third PS2 before calling it quits.
Umm okay? So there are a lot more out there than the PS3, so since everyone else bought one you got one too? Does that even remotely qualify as "thinking for ones self"? No, I think not.

hence PS3 is the better console, lol...
up past your bed time???

Last edited:
360 easily takes the cake:

-Much more user friendly than the PS3
-Better first party games
-Xbox live is just unbeatable at the moment in many many ways
-Better control (design and comfortability)
-New Pro 60 gig model is $100 cheaper than the PS3
- and more

The 360 is a better Video Game system overall than the PS3. I personally don't think that the PS3 being a Blu Ray player qualifies it as being better. In the end these are gaming systems and not DVD players. Rate them on their video game qualities and processes, not on a player that gives one more use. For Example: I know a lot of people that use the Blu Ray player of their PS3 30 times as much as they play a game on it.

Looks up definition of Xbox 360 Fanboy, sees NightCreeper's post.

:rolleyes:

Wow...It's a good thing you are only stating your OPINION rather than FACT.

99% of your post is untrue.

I would be willing to bet my Red/Gold Exclusive Iron Man that about 85%+ of you that have 360, have had to return them or get them exchanged.

Those of us that have PS3...maybe like 8%.

:p

I would be willing to bet my Red/Gold Exclusive Iron Man that about 85%+ of you that have 360, have had to return them or get them exchanged.

Those of us that have PS3...maybe like 8%.

:p

when you actually USE a system what do you expect?? the low % of PS3 failures is because they get too much dust inside from sitting on the shelf unused.

~~lol take that!!!

I have a PS3 personally and I prefer it, I won't help support a company that can't even fix simple over heating problems (RROD). I would probably buy one if they had that fixed but i'm not going to shell out 700ish NZ for a new 360 every 2-3 years or end up waiting months to get another half assed repair (happened with my xbox as well........ PS2 has had no problems so far and it's twice as old). Plus the one other massive thing that urks me is the part where I have to play for live (So I have to pay to use my own internet connection? Yeh right get a life)..... it just aint happening.
I also like watching blu-ray movies since their tons better than DVDs so it's an obvious choice for me.....

So if they fixed the RROD and the live payments I'd be sold but until then I'm afraid I'll have to avoid the 360 even though a few of my friends have one.

gears of war is the only reason anyone should own 360,other than that 360 sucks and PS3 RULES.............

There are always two sides of the argument for everything.

Sony fans claim that the 360 is a POS that overheats and is way too faulty of hardware. That Gears of War is the only thing it has going for it and that Halo is overrated.

The Microsoft fans claim that the PS3 has no good titles except Metal Gear Solid and God of War. That it is only used a blu-ray player and nothing more.

Now either in arguments one is very passionate about the company or one gets very defensive when someone ranks on a system that they learn to love and play constantly and have dropped overall hundreds and perhaps thousands into with accessories, games, and what not.

That being said if you think the only thing a PS3 is good for is blu-ray and of course Killzone 2 (which hasn't even been released yet) then that's what you think.

But I think the only thing a 360 is good (besides being used to build brick houses) is for a coffee table that I can set my PS3 on.

I think we hit a nerve

The real purpose of the PS3:

ps3grill_2006-11-21.jpg

I said I would lock it down when it became a bash fest it took a little longer than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back