Which spoiled Boba Fett the most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which spoiled Boba Fett the most?

• PT/TCW

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Mando/BOBF

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • ROTJ

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Boba Fett was one of the most popular characters in the SW OT, due to a combination of mystique and a cool costume.

In the ensuing decades you could say we've gotten too much of a good thing, from Kid Boba in the PT and TCW to Old Man Boba in the Disney era.

So, which was worse? Or can you never get enough Boba?

(While I get the hate for PT Boba, I voted Disney Boba due to the sheer volume of Mandalorian 'splaining we got. Oh, and BOBF :))

His first appearances in Mando was pretty strong, and was still promising.
It's Book of Fett that brought him down.

Truth is (as indicted it was the mystique) the more we learned about him, and now the Mandos, the less interesting they all became.
Much was already lost when Temuera Morrison first became the face and (retroactive) voice of Fett.

Last edited:
BOBF.

He was awesome in Mando.
Yeah he was awesome in Mando, but he also felt like a totally different character to me.

No question though the nadir was BOBF and all the silliness in that series. I wasn't crazy about the backstory created for him in the prequels, but we only see him as a kid then so it's a bit easier to forgive and/or ignore that stuff.

There was so much excitement about Boba when we first got a glimpse of him before TESB. So many theories about who he was (the famous one that he was Vaders brother).
Then the little snippets of info about the Mandalorian armour he wore.
The films told us so little about him but he looked cool, sounded cool and he had the mysterious thing going.
Then after the films we had the books and comics that filled in some of it. He was a Journeyman Protector from Concord Dawn and his name was Jaster Mereel. Exiled for killing another officer (for corruption I think it was) and taking on the name Boba Fett.
Other origins that he was an officer in the Mandalorian army etc etc.
Then along came the PT which removed all the mystery and made him a clone. We saw his face.
We knew he was human (fans used to debate whether Boba was actually an alien under that helmet and there was artwork out at the time with Boba as an alien).
Worst, yes he was an unaltered clone, but still, there were millions of other clones. Millions of clones with the Fett face and voice.
Personally I missed the old days before the PT.
I like Tem Morrison but I really prefer Jason Wingreen as Boba's voice.

I liked Boba in Mando but I struggle to see him as the same person from the OT.

Then the disastrous BoBF that made Boba such a joke.

EDIT: managed to find the Topps trading card of Boba as an alien.

Attachments

• normal_boba-fett-unmasked-by-dan-brereton.jpg
    normal_boba-fett-unmasked-by-dan-brereton.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
  • bobaface-1.jpg
    bobaface-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Man, I've been only watching the Despecialized version for so long I forgot just how weird Morrison's voice sounded in those scenes.
Isn't it nice that you *can* forget though. I was worried that the OT would be tainted by the SE forever but fortunately its filth has been largely washed away by continued viewings of SW 4K77, ESB Despecialized, and ROTJ 4K83.

Isn't it nice that you *can* forget though. I was worried that the OT would be tainted by the SE forever but fortunately its filth has been largely washed away by continued viewings of SW 4K77, ESB Despecialized, and ROTJ 4K83.
I still need to check out the latest versions of ANH and ROTJ. Did they fix the moving dewback and blurry Jabba shots yet? Those are the only things that takes me out of it every time.

I also feel Book of Boba Fett did the most damage to this guy. In my own mind, I've always been able to rationalize away his ROTJ portrayal as being what could happen to anyone who has bad luck or that something unexpected happens to. Like in a Tarantino movie where a competent major character dies in a weird and unexpected way. The whole thing about being a clone sucks and the prequels suck, but that wouldn't necessarily negate his awesomeness as an adult.

And I agree that he was pretty bad-ass in Mando, but the more they showed of him acting in un-Boba ways in the Book of Boba Fett the less and less I liked him. I couldn't rationalize it away, I couldn't find a silver lining, I just found myself disliking the guy based on who he is and the choices he makes.

And I agree that he was pretty bad-ass in Mando, but the more they showed of him acting in un-Boba ways in the Book of Boba Fett the less and less I liked him. I couldn't rationalize it away, I couldn't find a silver lining, I just found myself disliking the guy based on who he is and the choices he makes.
*Shrug* Had to have the Boba mystique explained to me, but IMO the conversation between him and Fennec was pretty good, I thought. The whole bit about working for people who are stupider than you.

If anyone was close to getting ruined it was poor Obi-Wan, reduced to a guilt-wracked depressive wondering why his boyfriend didn't call.

Yah, BOBF watered Boba down and Fennec ran the show, but in hindsight even tho I trashed the show as much as anyone, there's an actual arc there, some good lines, the whole Mando bro thing, the relationship with Fennec is acceptable, and when Boba comes back knocking heads in this big supposed movie it'll be believable.

If anyone was close to getting ruined it was poor Obi-Wan, reduced to a guilt-wracked depressive wondering why his boyfriend didn't call.
I don't think there's been a stupider moment in the history of Star Wars than Bail Organa's transmission in Obi-Wan.

"Hey, I think the worst thing that can possibly happen is that someone find out that LUKE SKYWALKER ON TATOOINE IS DARTH VADER'S SON. Just putting that out there for anyone who receives this..."

‘Book of Boba Fett’ hands down.

I think a big reason is that they basically made Mando the new Boba Fett (mysterious bounty hunter who doesn’t show his face) so that when they reintroduced Boba they (unfortunately) felt they had to change him.

So in BOBF he’s now brazenly walking around the streets of Mos Eisley without his helmet on, which is just retarded.

It’s such a shame because it could have been amazing show. Imagine a show where he actually keeps his helmet on to protect his identity. You could still show his face in private movements, or perhaps have him go undercover. But they ruined all of that.

Back