PS3 or 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PS3 or 360 which do you preffer

• PS3

Votes: 50 50.5%

Votes: 49 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow i expected a landslide by 360. I guess people do come to their senses.:D

Having both systems (as well as most systems since the Atari 2600), if I had to choose just one, I would go with the 360.

I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3's. For me personally, the 360 controllers are far more comfortable to use and hold. I like how they did the batteries for the 360 controller as well. I do not like the built in battery of the PS3 controller. If the 360 controller's battery is getting low, just swap it it (recommend getting the recharge station). If the PS3 battery is getting low, plug it into the USB port on the system. This option isn't too viable for me since I sit pretty far away from where my system is. Plus now I am going to have to buy new controllers if want rumble :(

I like the chatpad accessory for the 360 controller. It simply plugs into the bottom of the 360 controller. No additional battery/power supply needed. I am unsure on the PS3 chatpad as haven't tried it. But from the description of it I am hesitant (placement on top of the controller, built in battery requiring it's own charging - does not draw power from controller or use the controllers bluetooth transmitter (it has it's own built in)).

Do not like that the PS3 does not have an IR port. Granted one can get a work around solution with an IR adapter, but you still loose some functionality with that option. I did end up getting the Sony PS3 bluetooth remote, but I would prefer to just use my Harmony.

PS3 does have BluRay, which is nice. That does tend to be what I use the PS3 mainly for. I think I have about 4 or 5 games for the PS3 whereas the 360 I have 20+ games. Probably about 6 or 7 for the Wii.

The 360's online service is far superior. Sony may catch up to it, but only time will tell. Will it still be free when they do? Only Sony knows. And yes Live is $50 a year. But if you look around you can usually get a year subscription card from Buy.com or other sources from time to time for $35 or so.

Once Netflix service comes to Xbox Live this fall, I will definitely take advantage of that. Watch NetFlix BluRay rentals on the PS3. Watch online Netflix movies on the 360. Bliss.

Personally I have not experienced RROD. My buddy and I both have launch systems and both of them are still chugging along. I hope they continue to do so.

I have all 3 systems...

XBOX = what I use almost every single day! Love their LIVE set up...exclusive games and all of my firends have a 360.

PS3 = Blu Ray Player 98% and Rock Band 2%

Wii = entertainment when groups of people are around. I hardly ever play it by myself.

PS3, cant wait for this game to release. And notice the release date.
god-war-3.jpg

:drool:drool:drool
The sole reason I will be getting a PS3 right there
Too Bad we have too wait until about next April :monkey2

I have all 3 systems...

XBOX = what I use almost every single day! Love their LIVE set up...exclusive games and all of my firends have a 360.

Wii = entertainment when groups of people are around. I hardly ever play it by myself.

Great big ditto from me.

I have all 3 systems...

Pretty much. I love the PS3 for a BR player but thats it really. I traded all my PS3 games in as it wasn't any better than the 360 and with crappy online it was less fun. There will still be games I'll get for the PS3 but they will be few and far between. Really there is no comparison IMO in how much more fun and a better experience the 360 is to the PS3.

Just a matter of time my friend.

Maybe, but I went through 3 PS1's and 2 PS2's so it's not like Sony's record is perfect either. Game systems go bad when you use them a lot.

I have all 3 systems...

Yea, you better get Gears of War 2. Enjoyed very much killing you on Halo, want to do it for GoW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back