PS3 Downloads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Any tips guys on getting the speed up to par? I've been trying to download Psychonauts for just over 24 hours. It downloaded after about 14 but was corrupted according to Sony CS. Their solution is to download again. I have a nat type 2 and I'm getting snails pace. This is why I never play this piece of **** system.

Not possible. It's on our second level. Everything else works fine wireless. :dunno

Well then you have utterly crap wireless then. Turn all the other wireless devices off, an soley focus on just the PS3. Make sure theres nothing interfering too.

I downloaded Resident evils 4, CV, Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles. Took 45 minuets for all 4. Thats about 16gig? Then again, Virginmedia's 60mb broadband is very good. And thats two mobiles, a laptop and a desktop through wireless at the same time.

But ive never had problems with my Playstation downloading or online play through my own connection, its always bloody lagging frogs with their rubbish internet on Metal Gear Online. But yeah, Never had any problems downloading in the 5 years of owning the console. Its your end.

I actually have the same problem. Anything I download on the PS3 takes forever compared to my laptop and smartphone.

If anyone finds a cure please let us know.

I've never tried to download such a large file, but I have downloaded old arcade games in the past (X-Men, Marvel vs. Capcom 2) and they took a really long time to download for what they are--something like an hour or two, despite only being a few megabytes in size.

There could be a lot of reasons for slow download speeds, and it may not necessarily be the PSN's fault. Check the speed of your wireless router to make sure that you're getting adequate bandwidth. If not, then you should probably upgrade your router.

I download large files all the time, and just like FernandoFan08, I've had no problems - with most of my downloads lasting just over one hour.

Downloads were always slow on my 360 for the longest time when everything on my PC, Wii, and PS3 were fine. The PC/360/PS3 are direct and the Wii is wireless. Strange thing is months later my 360 finally downloads lightning fast :dunno

Hmm, I dunno. Maybe you have to tweak the settings (or create exceptions) in your router to allow those devices to work.

I get similar speeds for both consoles. It's drastically slower when I'm connected wirelessly than plugged in. I have a second PS3 in my bedroom not more than 6 feet away from my wireless router, and the connection is so piss poor that whenever I need to update or anything I just run an ethernet cable to the bedroom to plug it in.

I get similar speeds for both consoles. It's drastically slower when I'm connected wirelessly than plugged in. I have a second PS3 in my bedroom not more than 6 feet away from my wireless router, and the connection is so piss poor that whenever I need to update or anything I just run an ethernet cable to the bedroom to plug it in.

Is there maybe a booster of some sorts you can attach via USB?

i Got a Question

My PS3 is a Euro Console, and i always get US Games since they are Region Free, & i've heard that the DLC on PSN are Region Locked .

My Question is, Can I download Euro DLC from the Euro PSN and play it on a US Game?

Is there maybe a booster of some sorts you can attach via USB?

I forgot to mention this before, but you should probably check your router to make sure that your wi-fi connection is password protected. Look at "attached devices" (or something similar like that in the setup menu) to see if there are any unknown connections. If there are any neighbors or persons off the street using your wi-fi, that could account for slow download speeds as they're essentially robbing your bandwidth.

You can also check to see how strong your wi-fi signal is around your PS3. An easy way to do that, is to just take out your smartphone hold it close to your PS3 and see how many bars appear in your phone's wi-fi indicator.

i Got a Question

My PS3 is a Euro Console, and i always get US Games since they are Region Free, & i've heard that the DLC on PSN are Region Locked .

My Question is, Can I download Euro DLC from the Euro PSN and play it on a US Game?

That might not be possible. Since your Euro DLC is region locked, you'll need to have a Euro game for it to work, along with an account from that region. That's what they mentioned here:

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-region-problem/td-p/37092758

Back