PS3 advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setting up the internet is even easier then on the 360 since the PS3 has built in Wifi. As for games definitely pick up LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Warhawk if you're into that kind of multiplayer game. I would give Uncharted a rent too, because it is an awesome game but very short. If you don't already have a Blu-Ray player then pick up The Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Iron Man on Blu-Ray.

The internet browser is great and with the most recent update you can stream video from most websites. If you have a USB mouse and keyboard you can hook them up too.

ladydeeww.jpg

I still only use mine as a blu ray player. I like the 360 much better. Although I probably should get Drakes. :idea I did get Guitar Hero for it but just because the PS3 is typically in our main room.

I ran the Bioshock demo on a 62" DLP and switched back and forth with the full 360 version and didn't notice a difference. I tried the same comparison on a 42" Plasma and still didn't notice a difference. So I don't think there is a real visual graphical advantage to either (specs aside).

The Wii hasn't been used in probably half a year. Although all of my non-gaming friends only own a Wii.

I still only use mine as a blu ray player. I like the 360 much better. Although I probably should get Drakes. :idea I did get Guitar Hero for it but just because the PS3 is typically in our main room.

I ran the Bioshock demo on a 62" DLP and switched back and forth with the full 360 version and didn't notice a difference. I tried the same comparison on a 42" Plasma and still didn't notice a difference. So I don't think there is a real visual graphical advantage to either (specs aside).

The Wii hasn't been used in probably half a year. Although all of my non-gaming friends only own a Wii.

Get both Drakes, you won't regret it (getting the first) and you'll be prepared for Drakes 2 :rock

Get both Drakes, you won't regret it (getting the first) and you'll be prepared for Drakes 2 :rock

I played the demo when it was out and it was fun but I'm a Gears whore and have no time for any other game and the PS3 is in our main room where everyone typically hangs out so I don't want to hog that TV playing games. That's why I put the 360 in the rec room. But I'll probably get Drakes anyway and make them all watch me play. :lol

Back