Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allow me to show you the pinnacle of shark CGI in cinema.....:lol

As to the new trailer, it's better for sure than the first teaser. I do wonder if that 'last supper' scene will really be in the movie now since you hear the dialogue in this new trailer. It could just be used for the trailer since it was supposedly a marketing shoot.

I for one like the xenos how they're depicted as moving. I think before we knew they were capable of it but limitations of cinema and fx precluded it as was mentioned before. Now that we can, I think as long as its not over used it should work ok. I didn't think the CGI looked bad honestly. If I had to pick one gripe about the newer direction the xenos seem to have been taking is what started with in Alien Resurrection. They seemed to (at that time) take on more shape and lines from a pumpkinhead creature than the classic big chap and Aliens xenos. Continued with that design through AvP series and seems to still be heading that way. I get the whole lifecycle/genetic mimicing thing, but if the xenos in AvP came from ancient Mayan humans they should look more like the classic Big Chap and Aliens ones vs. the genetic **** ups from Resurrection. Now that said, they're looking (in the trailer) closer to how they have in the past but they still are for sure borrowing on the Pumpkinhead/Resurrection design.

c917c87fa339441fa97d4d3845298451.jpg

a21.jpg

alien__resurrection_by_fuvl-d6i7pia.jpg

369882-91444-pumpkinhead.jpg

Big Chap and he second movie are the perfect representation of bio/mechanical hybrid imho-

maxresdefault.jpg

aliens-neca-review-poe-ghostal-4.jpg

It's better than the AvP/Resurrection xenos I think, although still borrowing some elements-

yNWp9tl.jpg

And this sequence in the trailer was cool, reminded me of the vent sequence from the second film

VS5xHUG.jpg

eDNtOpp.jpg

I'm in agreement with those who say the bug like thing is a good way to depict them. Even in Isolation game, you got some buglike movements but you also got the stealthy creep. If fox want's a 'true' reboot/requel, making a live movie of that game could be a way to go. And yes I liked the Alien3 xeno, it worked, but the current xeno trend afterwards is I think going farther away from Giger's original design and my least favorite. There's hope for this now with this new trailer :D

The pumpkinhead comparison is a good point. I do prefer the early aliens over pumpkinhead aliens

I think the aspect of sending couples is very interesting, this is sci-fi thinking, I like that.

Me too, it's a cool sci-fi idea and one that lends to the drama. I guess it depends on how long they have been couples though, anyone married for nearly 10 years would probably throw their loved one at a xeno without much sorrow.

I never watched Brometheus.....
What!?! You are a movie technophile.. forget about the story and dialogue and watch it for the visuals. It's the second greatest true 3D movie out there.
Ironic that Scott ditched 3D for this.

it is kinda weird that Jye has watched every transforners movie but never prometheus

did anyone else here Predator clicks in the last trailer or was it just me? Has it been confirmed if Shaw is even in this film?

did anyone else here Predator clicks in the last trailer or was it just me? Has it been confirmed if Shaw is even in this film?

She supposedly was brought to the filming location and did some scenes, but my guess is they will be done in flashback and probably very little of her character.

yeah i heard it a little bit. might just be the new alien thing.

can you imagine the shock if a pred showed up at the end? :lol

I like the huge drawing of the facehugger in the banner to the top left of the shot!!

874b4609ac7f81a9fc47e73f68b99bb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Me too, it's a cool sci-fi idea and one that lends to the drama. I guess it depends on how long they have been couples though, anyone married for nearly 10 years would probably throw their loved one at a xeno without much sorrow.

What!?! You are a movie technophile.. forget about the story and dialogue and watch it for the visuals. It's the second greatest true 3D movie out there.
Ironic that Scott ditched 3D for this.

Had no idea about the 3D reputation on it, will give it a spin now thank you. :hi5:

it is kinda weird that Jye has watched every transforners movie but never prometheus

That is weird.

Whatever about the Alien, Fassbender is owning the screen again though I have to say.

He really is with minimal effort too.

But outside of him the rest of that clip was actually pretty painful. :lol

Had no idea about the 3D reputation on it, will give it a spin now thank you. :hi5:

That is weird.

He really is with minimal effort too.

But outside of him the rest of that clip was actually pretty painful. :lol

i think we are going to have to remove your geek card until you watch prometheus
hand it over son

Back