Project BM! - AKIRA - Kaneda - Official Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that kind of thing common with RAH figures? Would seem difficult to get a KO produced that fast after the initial release that looks that good, IMO.

Is that kind of thing common with RAH figures?

I don't know... I know that PVC figures are reproduced all the time and is a major problem. Since the original Kaneda figure use to sell for so much, it may have been reproduced and they are now selling it as the "new version" cheap. Just a guess... I have no idea, and don't want to make anyone nervous about possibly buying the figure... I just have some reservations myself.

Looks to me like they have switched out the Medicom body for something crappy.

Look at the proportions and how mahoosive his jacket looks.

Last edited:
Pretty easy to see the problem, they have switched out the Medicom body for something crappy.

Look at the proportions and how mahoosive his jacket looks.

You may be right... all I know is, it doesn't look right compared to other in-hand pics I've seen.

Maybe. Looks like some futzing could fix some of that, though (sleeves aren't rolled up, pants seem to fit), and his feedback from other RAH figures is positive. In any case, yeah--buyer beware :)

--edit: could be factory rejects--

Sorry, edited my post as it sounded real cocky when I read it back. :lol

But yeh, certainly looks poor compared to the other pics and I am fairly sure the body has been changed.

My small collection of medicom figures:eek: and the bike ... I want one so bad now.

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

I wonder if the leather material will flake in the future. Reason why I did not want to get this. Looks great tho.

They remind me of power rangers , are these what thier based of of.

Those are from Kamen Rider, which is a highly popular franchise in Japan. It's a sentai show, so that's why it looks kinda similiar to Power Rangers, since that was based on a sentai show as well.

Man, still don't love that headsculpt... but overall a great looking figure.

Wish they'd avoided the awkwardly cut neck; not sure why Medicom sometimes ignores details like that.

well it is a figure but your right it looks like frakenstain lol, i love the fig anyway.

Back