PRISON BREAK ... :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Prison Break being a killer show!!!!!!! Season 1 is out on DVD, watch it!!!

BTW I went out to Tooele, Utah lookin for the sash! Boy are they screwed when they get out here, Beers for everyone on the boards!

As far as the 12" Doll love fest for everything that has even been on the screen, I can't wait for a 12" Mr. Ed!!!:monkey1

***SPOILERS ALERT***

any one else was shocked that the girl got shot?? at first I thought it was fake, because they didn't show her actually getting shot but then after...they showed her dead. That was really shocking. Great season opening.

Gruson said:
I don't mind 12" figure talk.

It is the "Sideshow requests" threads like this one that are annoying.

It is getting out of hand.

Other recent examples:

Doctor Who
V for Vendetaa
Prison Break
Seinfeld
Pirates
The Office
Fear and Loathing in LV
Lexx

I know, I can ignore these threads and I usually do. ;)

I disagree about 'V' from V from Vendetta.

TOE said:
***SPOILERS ALERT***

any one else was shocked that the girl got shot?? at first I thought it was fake, because they didn't show her actually getting shot but then after...they showed her dead. That was really shocking. Great season opening.

Yup, I was very shocked!

Darklord Dave said:
I like the show, but similar to LOST, the characters aren't visually interesting enough to warrant figures. Although a waist up bust of Scofield with the tats might be an interesting piece.

I'd prefer Alias figures to this.... If someone did a decent Jennifer headsculpt then customising would definitely be possible... unfortunately the only one I've seen is kinda not too close.

And I wouldn't mind pooling resources to commissions some sculpts - not necessarily new ones - but maybe even resculpts to "rectify" some sideshow figures - i.e. Willow & Faith spring right to mind.

My customising skills are pretty low but getting a bit of practice. I'm a bit loath to customise any star wars figures at the moment cos we never know what's next with that line (I'm seriously considering a Kyle Katarn cos I think he's offbeat enough to not be a contender for some time).

Darth Loki said:
It has nothing to do with this show. I've never seen it, therefor have no opinion on it. I was just stating that people are getting silly over these requests for EVERY single show that they like. I mean how many TV shows has SS done a line for? Buffy, Angel (which is just a spin off of Buffy), X-Files, and Star Trek. All are sci-fi shows that were on for an extended period of time and had a good, loyal following. Not some flash in the pan of a show that could fade out by the time the first figure is released. There have been requests for 24, Prison Break, LOST, the Office, and Seinfeld.... off the top of my head. The only one that would even seem to fit in SS's criteria would be LOST. Mainly because it has the sci-fi element and is insanely popular. I mean I love that show, have watched every episode since the premeir and I doubt I'd buy any LOST figures.

I agree totally Loki! The figures definitely need an to be from a long running popular show (Buffy - 7 seasons and a 5 season spin off, X-Files 9 seasons and a half season spin off) and need to have a good range of visually appealing characters - and a Sci-fi aspect certainly would help but I don't know that its a requirement. While many of the shows may be great shows - most of the ones mentioned are only in their 2nd or 3rd season, and often have only one or two iconic characters, or have rather plain costuming. Just look at the x-files - how popular it was, and how many good characters - and then see how many figures have come out of it.

Remember that there's AT LEAST a 12 month lag between a licence agreement and a production figure, and probably god knows how long to actually acquire a licence. Apart from the ongoing request for Firefly (which I believe meets all the criteria) the only one I've seen raised in recent times I'd consider is Seinfeld - which again was INSANELY popular and is still going in syndication virtually everywhere, and the characters are INSTANTLY recongnisable. One of the big risks of doing a less identifiable costume figure is that you're relying totally on the headsculpt

Oh and about the Office - are you talking your US version or the original and much superior English one ? ;) Cos you do know that NO-ONE outside the US gets your version. So you aren't really going to sell that many figures.

and for the record I haven't seen prison break either. I'm waiting for the thing to end and then I'll get all the seasons on DVD and watch them straight - same goes for Lost.

Gruson said:
I don't mind 12" figure talk.
It is the "Sideshow requests" threads like this one that are annoying.
It is getting out of hand.
Other recent examples:
Doctor Who
V for Vendetaa
Prison Break
Seinfeld
Pirates
The Office
Fear and Loathing in LV
Lexx
I know, I can ignore these threads and I usually do. ;)

You think a Pirates of the Caribbean 12" figure line request is out of hand? I won't argue the others on your list.

You missed my point.

The "request topics" are out of hand.

I think a couple of the ones listed would make some nice figures but that was not what I was getting at....

Forget it.

Perhaps a solution would be a stickied 'request' thread - where all requests for new licenses would go. That way they'd be all in one place instead of in tons of new threads... :dance

SideshowDusty said:
Perhaps a solution would be a stickied 'request' thread - where all requests for new licenses would go. That way they'd be all in one place instead of in tons of new threads... :dance

YES!!! Much easier to avoid that way as well.

Gruson, I understand what you're saying. But this is part of how SS gets ideas for future products. At least they say it is. But I think people need to stop requesting every show that is on TV and be more realistic about what might sell. Seinfeld and Pirates, and possibly V are about the only ones that seem reasonable. Pirates is likely going to be the highest grossing trilogy of all-time and has some amazing characters. Seinfeld is one of the most popular shows ever and will likely stay in syndication for the next 5-10 years (though you could probably only get 5-6 characters worthy of a figure). The only problem with V is that only 2 characters deserve a figure (but they already have the Portman sculpt down). All of the others may be good shows, but are about 3-5 years away of continued success to even be thought about.

Gruson said:
You missed my point.
The "request topics" are out of hand.
I think a couple of the ones listed would make some nice figures but that was not what I was getting at....
Forget it.

I get your point. I just don't agree with the Pirates example. :peace

SideshowDusty said:

Good idea. Let me be the first to suggest a line of Dusty figures. I'll buy PF, 12" figures and maquettes in exclusive and regular format. :D

For the record, I was also going to include Legendary Scale Busts in that list but I know how that would be interpreted by the degenerates on this forum so I didn't. :rotfl

SideshowDusty said:

AWESOME IDEA :rock....now can we please move on :eek:

***SPOILERS ALERT***

So...will T-bag attach his hand back??

Last edited:
DUDE, I'm still watching the Season One DVD set, so please write *Spoilers* before you write something like that! :monkey5

JustinLuck said:
DUDE, I'm still watching the Season One DVD set, so please write *Spoilers* before you write something like that! :monkey5

:horror sorry man. Will do next time.

I don't see what's wrong with these threads. Let people have their dreams, I'm sure many of them know for sure they won't be getting any figure from their wishlists but it's still funny making suggestions and finding out other people's tastes. Plus, some suggestions might even be taken into consideration. If they did a Monty Python line, why is a Seinfeld or a Friends line that impossible? I know, Monty Python is legendary in some way but makes you think: Not everything's Sci-Fi for SSC.

I myself would love to see this become true:

PF Gigolo Joe from A.I.
12" figures of Jareth and Sarah from Labyrinth
Alias, Lost and Firefly licenses
Some characters from "The Goonies" (oh what I'd give for a Sloth figure).

And on the most "non-realistic" side:

Friends and 3rd Rock from the Sun 12"ers
Brian Kinney 12" from "Queer as Folk" and a Bree Van de Kamp PF figure LOL

TOE said:
***SPOILERS ALERT***

I was definetely shocked when she got shot. Let's wait and see what the FBI agent does next week!
collector-freak said:
Nope. Saw it coming.

:clap :clap :clap :clap Excellent Watson! Mind telling me what'll happen next week? :D

olvidadero said:
And on the most "non-realistic" side:

a Bree Van de Kamp PF figure LOL

Olvidadero, I am sick and tired of all these wants, don't want to join any bandwagon, but you got me. I'm there.

Add me to the list for Bree. The beauty who would only make your life miserable guaranteed because she's SO F****D UP, but who could resist her?

Just because the writers went on vacation for season two doesn't change how great those actresses are. Desperate Housewives, bring 'em on.

Gruff Old Bear said:
From the interview with Steve Walker, founder of Product Enterprise (link posted in another thread by airbond2), talking about the level of sales necessary to recoup the costs of tooling figures:

I'm sure those who've been participating on this forum for a couple of years will recognize how our community is evolving. At the start we were all collectors here -- just folks who liked to buy the same things. We'd advise each other on things like exchanging a badly painted figure. Some of us have since become customizers and repainters, and shared our discoveries as we go along. Cking's 1:4 Superman project has inspired others, including an intense 1:6 Quigley project that would never have been made commercially. Louie Tran doesn't visit this board, but here's a guy who has gone from custom repaints to clothing manufacture to 1:6 body design and manufacture, all catering to customizers. The GK community has many excellent sculptors who can capture licenses. Right here on this board, Les, customikey, murderofcrows, darkartist and others share quite a lot of how-to information. Everyone wishing for a figure (yo Cosmo!) should visit the Customs Gallery more often, just to check out the talent.

The desire for figures that will not support even limited mass production can be met in two ways: wishing or doing. Before long I believe we'll all be helping one another out. Not everybody has to become a sculptor or caster or painter or clothing maker. We need a few hardy souls to either develop the skills or identify talented freelancers -- to either do it themselves or "produce" a project -- and a willingness by others to pool some funds.

If you can dream it, you can do it. You can take that to the bank, because Wolfang Puck engraved it in the door at Spago! :ccheerlea

GOB....Thanks for the plug! It is true... if you want it, you can def have it! Just talk to one of us or several of us and use the talents that you can.... and that much desired figure can find a home on your shelf!

:D

Back