Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooooo the guy who took the pics above has reported that it is leaning backwards... to the point that the dome is touching the wall... really worried about the Ex leaning forward and falling off a shelf
Yeah not good. Will have to look into potentialaly customising another road (Aaron says it only has one in his review) to help keep it standing straight

Sooooooo the guy who took the pics above has reported that it is leaning backwards... to the point that the dome is touching the wall... really worried about the Ex leaning forward and falling off a shelf
He said it is "nearly touching the wall"
And if you look at the video it looks exactly the same. It was close to the base in the video footage. As far as I can see.

Is there a video review of this? Might show how thick the peg is on the leg, if it's a thick metal rod I wouldn't worry too much and it should easily hold given the weight of the statue.

Edit: Roscoe has a review on YouTube. Watching it now...

Last edited:
Roscoes one looks straight, can't see any lean. He didn't film the setup so unable to see the thickness of the pegs. The foot and leg on his sat flush, I guess that's the key area to look out for when setting up the statue.

Besides the teeth, an area that Prime 1 can't seem to get right for a lot of statues, everything about this statue is beautiful piece. The quality is very similar to the dog alien.

Just goes to show, no matter how much we pay for a factory produced piece, there'll always be a flaw.

Hoping for better teeth and stability with the DX.

Roscoes one looks straight, can't see any lean. He didn't film the setup so unable to see the thickness of the pegs. The foot and leg on his sat flush, I guess that's the key area to look out for when setting up the statue.

Besides the teeth, an area that Prime 1 can't seem to get right for a lot of statues, everything about this statue is beautiful piece. The quality is very similar to the dog alien.
The thing is is Roscoe is the one complaining about the lean. Hes claiming its leaning forward more now. Not sure if he's cooked or if it really is that loose

The thing is is Roscoe is the one complaining about the lean. Hes claiming its leaning forward more now. Not sure if he's cooked or if it really is that loose
I must have missed that bit of review. His setup was about a day ago, if its already starting to lean forward that's defective imo. The feet look fully planted, so I wonder if the lean is somewhere else on the body i.e the head or torso area? Or just restricted to the feet and base? If just the feet, the back foot would have a gap as it would be lifting up, or it could be the hole on the base is too big for the peg which would result in a loose fit.

Is it the body that's leaning or is it the wall? I noticed a slight lean to the wall on the DX they had at the display storem

I even more wonder, how the whole wall mounting works. It's so huge and didn't he say the wall is just keyed with magnets to the base?

Spectacular figure of Prime 1 but as I said in a previous post, the one from Coolprops is not far behind. for my taste it has a more premium air with its chrome teeth, display cabinet etc. I can't wait to see the prime 1 DX figure, the one I have reserved. I have to say something or I burst: enough to justify **** like the shabby finish of the teeth. We are paying a fortune for the figure and although some of you are true artists who can fix it without problems, people like me who do not know how to do it, we will have to settle after paying € 2,500 for the figure. very bad Prime 1… (I'm going to write them right now)
2CB7EA93-F10A-44DA-BFD6-25763FA89E85.png

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I've sent them my p.o.v also.. I doubt it will change anything but man while you're saying you're doing the best for the pred fans...do the best for Alien fans too...Such a contrast in their marketing..+ the leaning concern now..

Thanks Vince! What I can’t understand is that chroming the teeth doesn’t seem something too complicated reading some comments in this forum, so why to finish the Alien with this crapy paintjob in that area (that means ALL for the Alien…teeth are not the feet nails precisely!!)? we will see because I know that you should have to look very close to see this but…come on…this is a 2500€ figure! Lots of detail on the body and you don’t care about the mouth?

Thanks God that I kept my Coolprops Maquette…I’m looking at it now and the teeth shine…This is a part that I like to look at…well for me what diferences a good figure from a meh figure…

We have enough of horse Aliens or busts like the sideshow one (I really liked this bust but men, the teeth!!! I sold it a few years ago, I loved it but every time I looked at the Alien, my eyes went to the teeth…(I have to say that I saw some repainted bust that looked incredible but I simply can’t repaint this or send to an artist to fix it…).

We will see the DX…hope they will nail it but I’m a little bit worried and anxious to see their final product (hope it will be at the alien dog level!)

I just got info from statue forum that the lean was initially backwards and the collector made attempts to balance out the lean which then led to the statue leaning the other way. It sounds like the peg/pin may not be robust enough (I hope I am wrong and this is not the case, after all, the prototype stood for years without problems). Fingers crossed his one gets fixed asap and this is a one off incident.

I just got info from statue forum that the lean was initially backwards and the collector made attempts to balance out the lean which then led to the statue leaning the other way. It sounds like the peg/pin may not be robust enough (I hope I am wrong and this is not the case, after all, the prototype stood for years without problems). Fingers crossed his one gets fixed asap and this is a one off incident.
Hoping its a one off two. Surely the DX will have two pegs considering the stance?

Hoping its a one off two. Surely the DX will have two pegs considering the stance?
It's got a much more dynamic pose so should have two (if not, then it must have one very thick solid rod and the other leg probably act as a stabiliser). Fingers crossed it's two, one in each leg.

From those pics I've seen posted, he has this statue assembled on what looks to be his carpet. If that's so, that's a terrible idea as the weight distribution will not be equal and it's what is likely causing the leaning problems he's noticing. The back wall is obviously going to be heavier on the base so the statue will naturally lean backwards on carpet.

He's doing more harm to that piece than good with whatever he's attempting to correct.

From those pics I've seen posted, he has this statue assembled on what looks to be his carpet. If that's so, that's a terrible idea as the weight distribution will not be equal and it's what is likely causing the leaning problems he's noticing. The back wall is obviously going to be heavier on the base so the statue will naturally lean backwards on carpet.

He's doing more harm to that piece than good with whatever he's attempting to correct.
Good pick up. Yes, carpet would be terrible to display this, especially there is a back wall, no doubt that would have pushed the entire statue downwards on the rear end. Though it does still make me question how strong those rods are and whether they are thick enough, it should still at least be able to sustain some slant or movement before giving in.

Last edited:

Please... It shouldn't lean because of that. Especially after a few hours. What kind of ridiculous excuse is this? Not to mention his statue is on hard surface right now. If that happens because of that than it means something is wrong with a statue. It shouldn't lean at all especially on a carpet. Either his statue is faulty or there is a huge engineering problem at P1 again. Leaning problem is getting a little too constant with the company.

I agree. Carpet or not, shouldn't really make a difference. I think the issue is the wall, not the figure.

Here's a concern I have about the wall. In this image, it looks like it's leaning forward. FML.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 110
Back