Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://postimg.cc/f3fwmTQx
https://postimg.cc/WFpsnLsx

Man I love this piece, so intimidating. For those who are able to, I definitely recommend seeing it in person

Looks awesome! Planning to get a bit of lighting? How tall is your display mount? Would you mind taking a picture including the mount to see how much you have elevated him? I am looking at a plinth and some lighting atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome! Planning to get a bit of lighting? How tall is your display mount? Would you mind taking a picture including the mount to see how much you have elevated him? I am looking at a plinth and some lighting atm.

Lighting would be a good idea, any thoughts whether this piece will look better in cooler or warmer light? Or combo?

https://postimg.cc/DWMYxjMJ

The mount is 60cm width by 60cm depth
Height is 50cm

Nice. I was thinking 60x60 as well,
it looks great on your display. I was considering a higher than 50cm to have him look down. On lighting I was thinking warm to match the aesthetic of the tanker fire. (I would go a cool blue for a T2 statue as the endo is prominent in the future war scenes which has that aesthetic).

Nice. I was thinking 60x60 as well,
it looks great on your display. I was considering a higher than 50cm to have him look down. On lighting I was thinking warm to match the aesthetic of the tanker fire. (I would go a cool blue for a T2 statue as the endo is prominent in the future war scenes which has that aesthetic).

Good points, I think warm light theme would complement this piece better. 55cm was the height I was looking for but couldn't find anything that height unless custom made (which cost much more $). Ended going for 50cm as it still looks quite elevated from a distance and close up it's comfortable viewing and easy to see it's detailed, chest cavity :)

Lighting would be a good idea, any thoughts whether this piece will look better in cooler or warmer light? Or combo?

https://postimg.cc/DWMYxjMJ

The mount is 60cm width by 60cm depth
Height is 50cm

It's surrounded by fire in the scene it depicts, so probably warm. Although you're only limited by your imagination really so either would look great I'm sure.

The pose issues are a shame, and definitely a thing compared to the initial prototype. But this does still look really good regardless.

It's surrounded by fire in the scene it depicts, so probably warm. Although you're only limited by your imagination really so either would look great I'm sure.

The pose issues are a shame, and definitely a thing compared to the initial prototype. But this does still look really good regardless.

Agree I think warm, will go best with this one.
Yeah there has been some inconsistencies with this piece, but its one of those pieces that looks much better in person than in photos/videos. Sisko in her initial video also pointed this out. So it's quite an odd one!

Good thing it's reached the distributer, so anytime now, fingers crossed next week as it should be their mission priority :)
Don't forget to grab a pack of batteries if you haven't

I've also had a look at the cables on the forearm. Ended up cutting and straightening some paper clips to equal length and weathered it by using a light flame from a lighter. Did 3 and placed them all in, it still didn't look quite right, or maybe it did at least from an accuracy point of view, but it definitely took a hit in overall asthetics. I'm beginning to think this was taken out deliberately by P1, sacrifice a little bit of accuracy as to not affect the asthetics of the statue and arm but I think it could still be pulled off if they matched the forearm cables using cables similar in thickness from the wire from the feet below the piston and toes. I might leave them out for now as there really not too noticeable.

Good thing it's reached the distributer, so anytime now, fingers crossed next week as it should be their mission priority :)
Don't forget to grab a pack of batteries if you haven't

God yes. This was my mistake. Don?t be me! :)

I've also had a look at the cables on the forearm. Ended up cutting and straightening some paper clips to equal length and weathered it by using a light flame from a lighter. Did 3 and placed them all in, it still didn't look quite right, or maybe it did at least from an accuracy point of view, but it definitely took a hit in overall asthetics. I'm beginning to think this was taken out deliberately by P1, sacrifice a little bit of accuracy as to not affect the asthetics of the statue and arm but I think it could still be pulled off if they matched the forearm cables using cables similar in thickness from the wire from the feet below the piston and toes. I might leave them out for now as there really not too noticeable.

Would have loved to see pictures of your attempt.

Unfortunately not yet my friend. :( There's been a bit of a delay. I ordered from Secret Compass, and they recently had to move warehouses, so I think that's holding everything back a bit. Hopefully it's going to be shipped out soon.

Fingers crossed for you mate! Keep us informed!

Just got the update earlier on my Endo earlier. Will likely be shipped out on Monday. :)

About the arm cables. I originally thought it was as simple as just getting the "Build The Terminator" Issue 80 for the arm cable parts, but after taking a better look at the 1984 Endo, the cables don't look like the T2 version's at all. The arm cables on the T1 Endo are much thinner (almost wire-thin).

Just got the update earlier on my Endo earlier. Will likely be shipped out on Monday. :)

About the arm cables. I originally thought it was as simple as just getting the "Build The Terminator" Issue 80 for the arm cable parts, but after taking a better look at the 1984 Endo, the cables don't look like the T2 version's at all. The arm cables on the T1 Endo are much thinner (almost wire-thin).

Noice! Worth the wait and super excited for you, xmas has come early yeehaa!

Yeah the cables are very thin in the first movie. But that is why it looks odd with the paper clips, as they are a bit on the thin side and not very pretty. I think in T2 when they recover the arm, the wires have become cables instead so it looked more like a T2 endo arm. Even the new blitzway arm looks more like T2 than T1 (technically should be a T1 arm).

Maybe P1 tried but didn't like the thin wirey look as it does look odd, even if accurate (explains why the upper part of the arm has a magnet and the wrist having little holes, this for me shows they made an attempt but abandoned it altogether).

If they make it thick, then it won't be accurate T1 but more like T2 so the option is to just not include it.

I think future T1 endo pieces will also have this dilemma, to either make it look like a T2 arm or make it wirey thin keeping faithfulness of the T1 arm or just not to include it at all like in this case.

In T1 some of the scenes, the endo doesn't look like it even has wires in the arm. I think the small little puppet for stop motion may not have had this but the large endo replica had some wiring. I guess there is a certain point where accuracy will make certain replicas look odd or bizarre and aesthetics becomes more of a priority to make the piece look balanced. Kind of like the alien statues, if too accurate may give off a man in a suit vibe.

Yes....after doing some deep comparisons of the T1 and T2 Endos, the arms (and a lot of other parts) are just very different. I do agree with you that Prime 1 at one point probably had intended to put in cables, but in the end decided not to, since the arm cables on a T1 endo are just not that noticeable compared to the T2 endos.

I'm still going to make an attempt at the cables. I already have some of the parts ready. :) I'll be testing them as soon as my statue arrives (hopefully by late next week).

Endo 1.jpg

Screenshot of the hand & part of the forearm from the movie.

Back