Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's fun to see people only talking about JND on the prime 1 Ledger topic. On my side, i think the prime 1 ledger came absolutely awful and doesn't look like ledger at all...I don't see anything nice in that sculpt. The second head looks way better, but wait and see the production piece...In Europe Prime 1 ledger costs €1800 + you've to add €350 to get the bust that will make this prime 1 fail a little bit decent. So yeah for only €250 more you get the JND Ledger which is a no brainer seeing how it came out, even better than the proto. To each their own.

In Europe Prime 1 ledger costs €1800 + you've to add €350 to get the bust that will make this prime 1 fail a little bit decent. So yeah for only €250 more you get the JND Ledger which is a no brainer seeing how it came out, even better than the proto. To each their own.

:horror

Crikey, that's steep!

it's fun to see people only talking about JND on the prime 1 Ledger topic. On my side, i think the prime 1 ledger came absolutely awful and doesn't look like ledger at all...I don't see anything nice in that sculpt. The second head looks way better, but wait and see the production piece...In Europe Prime 1 ledger costs €1800 + you've to add €350 to get the bust that will make this prime 1 fail a little bit decent. So yeah for only €250 more you get the JND Ledger which is a no brainer seeing how it came out, even better than the proto. To each their own.
careful what you say dawg, you will get flag for inappropriate behavior lol. If you talk bad about prime one. Someone will report you like they did me. People just go tell if you don't like what you have to say. I agree with you.

careful what you say dawg, you will get flag for inappropriate behavior lol. If you talk bad about prime one. Someone will report you like they did me. People just go tell if you don't like what you have to say. I agree with you.
I see that a mod edited my post when they deleted your post. For the record, it wasn't me that reported or flagged you. While we don't see eye to eye on this piece, I'm not a censorship kinda guy.

I see that a mod edited my post when they deleted your post. For the record, it wasn't me that reported or flagged you. While we don't see eye to eye on this piece, I'm not a censorship kinda guy.
No I get it. I know who it is. I mean its like some act like children and can't deal with an adult conversation. They get butt hurt. Oh well it is what it is. IM a veteran so cussing sometimes just comes out. Anyways, no beef bro we good. Peace.

D7EEC996-D065-43DC-9947-09A7A4262F40.jpeg

Sorry this isn’t Ledger to me on the right.
This looks more like what P1 was going for and it’s closer than JND. Can’t change my mind but pics don’t lie. Did they nail exact smile maybe not but they did make it look more like Ledger than Mr.Burns.
BE30CF6F-713C-44DF-A579-7D603DCCFDB8.jpeg

View attachment 551103
Sorry this isn’t Ledger to me on the right.
This looks more like what P1 was going for and it’s closer than JND. Can’t change my mind but pics don’t lie. Did they nail exact smile maybe not but they did make it look more like Ledger than Mr.Burns.
View attachment 551104
It's ok man, we all see things differently. No hate from me, although Ledger's look changes quite a bit throughout this film, so it's hard to do a direct comparison screenshot with any of the statues IMO, especially in the screenshot you shared as the movie still has a neutral expression while the statue has an angry one.

If I compare facial features though in that screenshot you sent, JND got a lot closer. I can sort of see why people don't see the likeness in the JND sculpt, as its a difficult scene to capture as Heath's facial expression is very animated in that scene, so I do think they took some artistic liberties in terms of how they saw his look in that scene. I did laugh at the Mr Burns joke even though I like the JND piece lol although I don't really see it.

Prime 1's sculpt looks nothing like the smiling pic you shared IMO. For starters, the smile itself is off. Heath never has both sets of teeth showing when he smiles, as evident in that movie screenshot, whereas the statue does. The chin is also huge. His face shape is wrong as well. It's very elongated, and his eyes look kind of droopy/stoned.

5BCB7AA1-3645-4A59-B669-9E52F5551D16.jpeg

I think this is the problem with trying to make a sculpt that is unique and doesn't particularly represent a scene in the movie. The likeness suffers a bit. It got worse in the production piece, and now kind of looks like a caricature of Heath. The bust sculpt looks completely different. Not only does it look like a real person, the likeness is almost bang on. It should have been the default sculpt IMO.

End of the day, everyone sees things differently so there's no point in going back and forth really, as we can't change each other's minds. As long as everyone is happy with what they choose. There is enough options for everyone.

No I get it. I know who it is. I mean its like some act like children and can't deal with an adult conversation. They get butt hurt. Oh well it is what it is. IM a veteran so cussing sometimes just comes out. Anyways, no beef bro we good. Peace.
Same, a mod edited my post by deleting yours but I didn't report anything

I can't say I disagree with the mod, you don't have to get reported to be modded

I don't even think a lot of the times Heath Ledger looks like Heath Ledger in the film, whether it's his mannerisms or the makeup or probably both combined there's a lot of times where if you copy a look from a scene it just looks like he does in that scene, not how he looks in general (again because he looks so different throughout). JND also didn't use his actual expression from that pose, they styled it a bit, and like I said before I think Kojun tends to enlarge features, WW is the better sculpt so far, it's more nuanced and realistic.

Also in regards to mods etc. It's not what people say it's how you say it, there's a difference of saying your opinion and talking about the differences, getting overly defensive or offensive tends to be the problem. No one is changing anyone's mind any time soon. :ROFLMAO:

I don't even think a lot of the times Heath Ledger looks like Heath Ledger in the film, whether it's his mannerisms or the makeup or probably both combined there's a lot of times where if you copy a look from a scene it just looks like he does in that scene, not how he looks in general (again because he looks so different throughout). JND also didn't use his actual expression from that pose, they styled it a bit, and like I said before I think Kojun tends to enlarge features, WW is the better sculpt so far, it's more nuanced and realistic.

Also in regards to mods etc. It's not what people say it's how you say it, there's a difference of saying your opinion and talking about the differences, getting overly defensive or offensive tends to be the problem. No one is changing anyone's mind any time soon. :ROFLMAO:
Agree with everything you said.

Just messing around a bit. I'm still adamant the JND has the highest quality/realism but the worst likeness to Ledger.

Attachments

• inCollage_20211218_100709880.jpg
    inCollage_20211218_100709880.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 66
  • inCollage_20211218_100910072.jpg
    inCollage_20211218_100910072.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 69
The likeness on the QS is obviously fantastic, and they're the only ones who seem to have got the hair color right, but for me the expression they're going for just isn't menacing enough. And I'd still lean more towards the P1 bust for having that more intimidating presence that I'd want in a Ledger Joker statue.

Same, a mod edited my post by deleting yours but I didn't report anything

I can't say I disagree with the mod, you don't have to get reported to be modded
I'm just done talking about statues, seems these days people can't handle an opinion. Then come guy went off saying insinuating I was calling people names because I did not like the statue. It's just the same old story, here sometimes. Half the people we have a back-and-forth opinion but one or two can't seem to do that. It wasn't you two. I got three messages saying they were inappropriate and all I said was what I did not like. Very odd, what this site has become. But again, I am done talking about joker statues. People seem to get upset. Peace

Just messing around a bit. I'm still adamant the JND has the highest quality/realism but the worst likeness to Ledger.
Damn got baited right into this, the picture heath is making no expression. Like he is in JND, he is making an expression. Look how bad Prime one is and that isn't eve accurate. Im sorry I disagree, that is one terrible face. QS has the best then JND then Prime 1. Put the real p1 pic that pple are getting out then do it again.

Back