Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't wrap my head around a 1/3 bust costing as much as their 1/4 City Hunter. Or their 1/3 Miller Batman, for that matter.

They're clearly testing the waters with this price. There's no logical reason to charge this much. It may be a head and part of the torso, but it's less than 1/10 of the full statue's weight.

It's a great headsculpt, but damn. Only way I'd be able to justify it is if I keep the closed-mouth portrait and immediately resell the bust piece with the Gort portrait I don't need. And even then I'd likely have to ask less than $900 to get it sold.

That price is a joke for a 1/3 bust, no matter how nice it looks. How can that (with a relatively large ES of 1500 for only on version) Be the same price as the entire City hunter statue of which about 350 were made? I like this, and I like what Prime 1 create, but they are taking advantage of Predator fans here and it's starting to leave a foul taste in my mouth.

I hope they don't sell any of these!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-192836_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-192836_Chrome.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 26
Straight up: this bust should look like the prototype for that price.

This would be an entitled, naive, out-of-touch expectation in any other scenario -- but here, it's the only logical one. Clearly they have a factory full of Neny Dees and this is their way of telling us.

Well what the F to do now? I figured $600 at most but probably closer to $450. Ridiculous. For $900 it should at least include both the closed mouth and the battle damaged mask sculpt. As pointed out their Joker bust was a reasonable $300. For reference their massive 1/4 Jon Snow on Iron Throne is $1000. And I just received the massive 1/3 Queen Studios Dark Knight Batman statue with deluxe alternate rooted Bale sculpt for $1400 shipped. This sucks Prime1!

upmgot-03_a03.jpg

01_b5fec4c4-b1da-41ed-b9c1-17158f8d99b1_2000x.jpg

Well I passed on the whole statue, and looks like I'll be passing on the bust too. Only considered the bust because it was a more affordable option and takes up less space, but for $900 I can't do it. This will still be available to order in 2 years time when it's released.

Don't even know how the pricing is justified. $900 for a 1/3 Predator head with decals. Lol.

Can anyome confirm if the DXS MMPR-01DXS version from Sugo or Akimomo comes with the spine switch out? It doesn't show the spine part on either sites?

Can anyome confirm if the DXS MMPR-01DXS version from Sugo or Akimomo comes with the spine switch out? It doesn't show the spine part on either sites?
Can confirm it comes with all the stuff at sugo, tags, skulls, billy spine etc as I've written to them.

Not sure with akimomo but if it's the dxs I'm pretty sure it should include all.

Back