Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably won't have the complete display (with City Hunter) until halfway through the decade. And by then, I hope they announce a Dutch so we have an alternate option for a companion piece.

I seem to remember reading here that they are using decals for the head spots etc. (sometimes badly applied) - so that would makes things easier for them.

Still - there's the rest of the body + assembly and it's not like they are reducing offerings of OTHER statues - so I hear you.

Maybe we're looking at a mid/end 2023 release?

Another two years? JFC I hope not.

New FB pics with closed mandibles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's a must buy with the statue I think. If I'm in for 3k I'm all in.

Absolutely - I was totally unimpressed with the way it looked up until now - but this new head sculpt seems to make the whole thing look good.

I still won't be buying (have the Cinemaquette & my collection is too blimmin' big as it is) but at least it now SEEMS to be a decent overall representation with that new head.

I'd like to see some more shots from various angles with the new head.

Would like to see more angles as well. I can appreciate how exposing the neck lengthens the appearance of the body, but that upturned head looks a little awkward when combined with such a confrontational body pose. Feels like you just insulted him and he's pretending he didn't hear you properly.

EDIT: Maybe it's actually the low angle and focal length of the shot that's making the head look more tilted. Seems to sit neutral enough on the bust. What we need is a photo taken from further away.

Would like to see more angles as well. I can appreciate how exposing the neck lengthens the appearance of the body, but that upturned head looks a little awkward when combined with such a confrontational body pose. Feels like you just insulted him and he's pretending he didn't hear you properly.

Or Joey's "smell the fart" acting from that "Friends" episode :rotfl

I hope I can "unsee" that now - I was reading it as him looking up at the treeline.

Absolutely - I was totally unimpressed with the way it looked up until now - but this new head sculpt seems to make the whole thing look good.

I still won't be buying (have the Cinemaquette & my collection is too blimmin' big as it is) but at least it now SEEMS to be a decent overall representation with that new head.

I saw it and immediately wanted it. I have no other high end Predator collectibles. I'm sure you know more about the fine details of the Jungle Predator than I. So I'm curious what bothers you about it, just the body proportions or is there more?

Right now I'm mostly just concerned about Prime1 coming through with the quality on the production piece.

I saw it and immediately wanted it. I have no other high end Predator collectibles. I'm sure you know more about the fine details of the Jungle Predator than I. So I'm curious what bothers you about it, just the body proportions or is there more?

Right now I'm mostly just concerned about Prime1 coming through with the quality on the production piece.

Good question.

I'll TRY my best to explain (and will likely fail :) ).

Like yourself, I'm certainly concerned about PRIME1's delivery on QC (and their customer service), but it's the torso issue that is of foremost concern.

I guess that the more you are into a character, the easier it is to get bugged about things if they don't match your understanding of the way the character should look.

We've had some god-awful pred sculpts in the past, with BIG failings . . . Sideshow's 1:4 City Hunter with horizontal dreds, mini-spear etc. . . Sideshow's 2nd 1:4 Jungle Hunter with the bobble-head and repositioned thigh armour etc. . . (to name but 2). Those with big failings are easy to identify, but still people buy them for a variety of reasons.

As I said before - I was never going to get this because of the Cinemaquette and the size of my collection, but I can TOTALLY see the attraction for those that are newer to Pred collecting and/or don't have such a large collections (or anything of this scale) and/or those that think the torso is perfectly fine.

This is a blimmin' incredible overall sculpt, with great attention to detail, but that torso just doesn't look "right" to me. I've tried to ignore it, but in any shot PRIOR to the ones just released with the new head sculpt, he just appears to be a squat lil' bugger (like someone has squeezed his torso vertically).

Also, I know that if the pose was different, that would have attracted me more (love the pose on their 1:3.5 "leg up on rock" sculpt - just didn't like the paint tones they finished up with) . . . I guess when you have so many statues, kits etc, you don't want what feels like "more of the same", and you also need to be really "wowed" to spend more money on new pieces.

Here's the important bit though . . . just because I have a long history of adoring the character & collecting statues, figures, GK kits etc, it does NOT make my opinion any more valid than anyone elses. It either looks right to you or it doesn't, it's either worth the money to you or it isn't. For those of you that are getting it, I'm sure you'll treasure looking at this for many, many years, just as I do surrounded by my collection - it truly is a massive step forward in size, design & options.

Did that make any sense?

Last edited:
Good question.

I'll TRY my best to explain (and will likely fail :) ).

Like yourself, I'm certainly concerned about PRIME1's delivery on QC (and their customer service), but it's the torso issue that is of foremost concern.

I guess that the more you are into a character, the easier it is to get bugged about things if they don't match your understanding of the way the character should look.

We've had some god-awful pred sculpts in the past, with BIG failings . . . Sideshow's 1:4 City Hunter with horizontal dreds, mini-spear etc. . . Sideshow's 2nd 1:4 Jungle Hunter with the bobble-head and repositioned thigh armour etc. . . (to name but 2). Those with big failings are easy to identify, but still people buy them for a variety of reasons.

As I said before - I was never going to get this because of the Cinemaquette and the size of my collection, but I can TOTALLY see the attraction for those that are newer to Pred collecting and/or don't have such a large collections (or anything of this scale) and/or those that think the torso is perfectly fine.

This is a blimmin' incredible overall sculpt, with great attention to detail, but that torso just doesn't look "right" to me. I've tried to ignore it, but in any shot PRIOR to the ones just released with the new head sculpt, he just appears to be a squat lil' bugger (like someone has squeezed his torso vertically).

Also, I know that if the pose was different, that would have attracted me more (love the pose on their 1:3.5 "leg up on rock" sculpt - just didn't like the paint tones they finished up with) . . . I guess when you have so many statues, kits etc, you don't want what feels like "more of the same", and you also need to be really "wowed" to spend more money on new pieces.

Here's the important bit though . . . just because I have a long history of adoring the character & collecting statues, figures, GK kits etc, it does NOT make my opinion any more valid than anyone elses. It either looks right to you or it doesn't, it's either worth the money to you or it isn't. For those of you that are getting it, I'm sure you'll treasure looking at this for many, many years, just as I do surrounded by my collection - it truly is a massive step forward in size, design & options.

Did that make any sense?

Yes, thanks for your thoughts! This is definitely a space eater but it's likely my only Predator piece so I'm going to fully commit to this and all the extras. I just hope Prime1 takes it as seriously as they claim in their behind the scenes video. Owning that cool Cinemaquette would certainly make this seem somewhat redundant. Pretty cool that you can potentially just get the bust and be happy with that, hopefully Sideshow comes through for you. I still have a couple hundred in points I need to burn up myself.

I'm reasonably confident the decals on this will look better than on the 1/4 (they've proved capable of producing nice decal patterns in the past), but what I'm not sure they can resist is throwing a greyish brown splotch between the eyebrows. I can't imagine what possessed them to do it on the 1/4. It feels like a mistake, much like the other paint decisions they made.

I'm still not ordering the full statue, but I will happily order that bust, looks killer. I just don't trust Prime 1's quality control and it's too expensive of a gamble to commit to the full statue for me.

You need to get the whole thing or forever realize that, I a collector wh is nowhere as big of a predator fan as you, will own the ultimate predator collectible while you do not ;)

You need to get the whole thing or forever realize that, I a collector wh is nowhere as big of a predator fan as you, will own the ultimate predator collectible while you do not ;)

I will simply accept that you are the best there is at what you do, and I (on the other hand) need a bigger boat :)

(* I may have possibly gone completely off-the-rails on franchises here *)​

I will simply accept that you are the best there is at what you do, and I (on the other hand) need a bigger boat :)

(* I may have possibly gone completely off-the-rails on franchises here *)​

Lol 😂 I really want you to own this beast spike… I almost feel guilty owning it if you don’t

Lol 😂 I really want you to own this beast spike… I almost feel guilty owning it if you don’t

It's cool - I can live vicariously through you fellas.

I was, however, concerned when I heard a couple of lines differently the last time I re-watched the movie . . .

"There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna buy."

Closely followed by . . .

"Come on! Bill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Bill me!"

It's probably time for my medication.

Back