Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the question is....

Is that worth $4000 USD?

For me - absolutely not.

For that sort of money (given the issues I have with the sculpt) I'd want it to be painted by Joe Dunaway, hand-delivered by Arnie, with a gift-wrapped Pamela Anderson as a special gift (don't tell the Wife!)

I was all in UNTIL I saw that price. I see that stateside distributors are charging even more ($979-$999) for it, but they’re not carrying the closed mouth piece that everyone wants. So, if the only way to get the “limited edition” closed mouth is to order direct from Prime 1, where does that leave the final price after shipping and import fees and taxes?! $1,500+ ?!!

If you're in the States, the website quotes under $50 for shipping. Not sure whether that quote will still be accurate at the time of release, though.

You getting the statue bud?
Still on the fence mate. I've got room for it but it would be without a cover. I need a custom case built to put it into. If I can't find a good solution I won't get it. Still don't know about decals. I know it hasn't been confirmed nor denied for this piece but I'm hoping they use paint for the details. It's pricey so production needs to be near proto but we're not going to know that until closer to release. That's pretty much where I'm at with this.

What they should have done was offer just simple base versions too since the current torso busts have got to drive the price up a lot, great as a standalone piece but anyone also getting the full statue would just need a little stand option like these or the Joker bust

Big-Game-Cover-Art-Predator-Deluxe-Version-Prime-1-Studio-Statue-Pic-3.jpg

What they should have done was offer just simple base versions too since the current torso busts have got to drive the price up a lot, great as a standalone piece but anyone also getting the full statue would just need a little stand option like these or the Joker bust

This is the way they could fix this train wreck. Double back and offer the closed mouth for $500-550. Will they do it?

200 (16).gif

Exactly.
$599 for the head and bust.
$399 for head and stand.

Easily would sell at least 5 times the amount, rack in bigger profits and keep company reputation intact.

Exactly.
$599 for the head and bust.
$399 for head and stand.

Easily would sell at least 5 times the amount, rack in bigger profits and keep company reputation intact.

Yeah, pretty much the perfect solution for all.... I can't see this happening. The way they delete comments and silence any criticism, I suspect they would rather just cancel these due to lack of sales than back down and admit that they could have sold them way cheaper after all. What a mess this has become, and it's down entirely to greed.

Last edited:
For those interested, i asked P1 if the wrist gauntlet would have the countdown sequence when the LED's are turned on, but they said it won't, as it will just light up.......:)

If Hot Toys announced a 1/4 Jungle Hunter of their own, it would probably cost less than this. And a clean paint app is almost a guarantee with them. I have no idea why Prime 1's moderators are bringing up difficulty and QC woes when
A) companies like Hot Toys put out banger after banger in much smaller scales
B) Prime 1 still ships out their defective statues and offers pennies for compensation

This is why I'm keeping my 1/6 Predators. I took them for granted when they first launched, but the more I see how other companies handle Predators, the more they look like rare gems.
My 1/6 Predator 2 Elder, Wolf and classic are still 3 top favorite Predator pieces I still am impressed by years later.

Just did a video ranting on the price and saw this little nugget in the Facebook comment section.

The fact that they keep reassuring that the owner / creative director is personally over seeing this statues production is super interesting. I have NEVER seen this said by Prime 1, let alone any company. So maybe the price does indicate extra factory costs to e sure better QC and final product.
Yeah, that's until his and his friends are produced, lol. They don't stand by each one. They have a room full worked on at once and a real artist walks around teaching random factory workers how to apply the layers.

Back