Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hot Toys announced a 1/4 Jungle Hunter of their own, it would probably cost less than this. And a clean paint app is almost a guarantee with them. I have no idea why Prime 1's moderators are bringing up difficulty and QC woes when
A) companies like Hot Toys put out banger after banger in much smaller scales
B) Prime 1 still ships out their defective statues and offers pennies for compensation

This is why I'm keeping my 1/6 Predators. I took them for granted when they first launched, but the more I see how other companies handle Predators, the more they look like rare gems.

Last edited:
Honestly I am afraid of to even think about when this 'golden' statue and bust finally arrive and finishing touches will be subpar thanks to Chinese mass production and not to mention the choice to use the cheapest mixed media available. From the reasons stated above Prime 1 made my purchase decision a whole lot easier it's an extortion for nothing more than a mass produced item. I couldn't care less for business like that but I do feel sorry for the collectors that have to deal with this BS...

With how expensive the full statue is, anyone who ordered the deluxe should be getting the closed mouth head sculpt for free. We’re paying nearly four grand (with tax and shipping fees) and they can’t include the extra head most people want? This is so shady and downright disgusting on their part. Nearly a $1000 for a 1/3 bust? They better hope the quality looks exactly like or VERY close to the proto or all hell will break loose.

I truly hope they can match the quality of the old CM predator at the paint department. This is IMO the minimum from P1. The paint on the CM still looks good today. I don't want to see that ugly paintjob which they did on those 1/4 JH preds.

And just like that! Prime1 took a big dump on us collectors with a greedy business decision. We spend 3000+ on a statue, that is pushing over the limit for most us (never thought I would spend this kind of money on a statue).

We show support and trust in a company, even through the tough times we all have been in the last couple of years.
Then boom! The closed mouth head most was eager about, slapped on as an extra buy for 900 bucks! WTF! That means this thing will come in about 5000 bucks if extra head is purchased. That is even before the taxes.....ooof.
They should really think about the offer of the bust with closed mouth for us who went all the way up to $3000 for the statue..

I can not justify this. Need to ignore that bust. Shame! Really disappointed, just had to get that out....

With how expensive the full statue is, anyone who ordered the deluxe should be getting the closed mouth head sculpt for free. We’re paying nearly four grand (with tax and shipping fees) and they can’t include the extra head most people want? This is so shady and downright disgusting on their part. Nearly a $1000 for a 1/3 bust? They better hope the quality looks exactly like or VERY close to the proto or all hell will break loose.
Won't be like the prototype. Will be another Pred with decals like the rest. They simply don't care.

Thankfully, I'm seeing a lot of sense in most people as it seems most are not ordering because of the price. This is exactly what people need to do...vote with their wallets and stop giving in to stupid prices and subpar quality. I want this bad too, but not willing to give up $900 for it, especially without seeing the final product first.

My guess is, with 1500 of these available at $900, I don't see these selling out anytime soon.

$700 is still too much. I ain't budging, not even for $650, not until this comes down to $600. That's still DOUBLE the price of the joker bust.

No way they can pull off prototype quality. At most 90%, at worst 75%. For that gamble, not worth a cent over $600.

If the message isn't clear, Prime 1 won't budge.

Shane from Secret Compass said they're not able to carry the limited edition bust, just the other three.

Gobsmacked. Looks like this will be a Prime 1 store exclusive all the way.

Won't be like the prototype. Will be another Pred with decals like the rest. They simply don't care.

Thankfully, I'm seeing a lot of sense in most people as it seems most are not ordering because of the price. This is exactly what people need to do...vote with their wallets and stop giving in to stupid prices and subpar quality. I want this bad too, but not willing to give up $900 for it, especially without seeing the final product first.

My guess is, with 1500 of these available at $900, I don't see these selling out anytime soon.

Prime 1’s fugitive Predator was really close to the proto. Pretty sure they used decals on that one as well. I’m not sure what the hell happened with their recent 1/4 predator though.

Prime 1’s fugitive Predator was really close to the proto. Pretty sure they used decals on that one as well. I’m not sure what the hell happened with their recent 1/4 predator though.
Yeah, that had decals too, and you had to be careful putting the mask on and off coz it could rub off the decals lol. They've been having quality issues ever since, so I've lost confidence personally.

I still like my 1/4 Jungle Hunter, although one of my heads did have QC issues. In saying that, I don't think the overall quality of the 'paint' application warrants the price I paid for it. It's put a dent in my confidence for the 1/3. I would have taken a gamble on a 500 dollar bust, but for $900 its a massive pass for me. Maybe if these sit around long enough, they might come to their senses and drop the price.

If you look at the bust, everything below the neck is fully decked out and driving the cost to insanely high. It has real netting with all the necklaces and light up cannon, fully painted with chest quills and weathered armor pieces... totally unnecessary for people who are really just in it for the head. If they did the black placeholder bust like their Joker, you can easily knock $400 off the price. Look at the pictures again and imagine if the neck down is just one solid black plastic piece and just fake the details in so it has more like a mannequin base like the joker, you can see where half the money really went into. There's just a lot going on in the body that people don't want to spend the money on.

Just did a video ranting on the price and saw this little nugget in the Facebook comment section.

The fact that they keep reassuring that the owner / creative director is personally over seeing this statues production is super interesting. I have NEVER seen this said by Prime 1, let alone any company. So maybe the price does indicate extra factory costs to e sure better QC and final product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-232644_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-232644_Facebook.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 49
Looks like Prime 1 (the official page, not the group) has disabled comments on their Facebook posts, at least for me. Anyone else only seeing the option to share their posts?

EDIT: Looks like they deleted most of the other comments balking at the price. Mine wasn't even uncivil. I stated the weight and price of the piece with a question mark, simple as that.

Last edited:
Looks like Prime 1 (the official page, not the group) has disabled comments on their Facebook posts, at least for me. Anyone else only seeing the option to share their posts?

EDIT: Looks like they deleted most of the other comments balking at the price. Mine wasn't even uncivil. I stated the weight and price of the piece with a question mark, simple as that.
Looking through the comments section yesterday I did think it all looked too civil. Must have been a busy day deleting all those posts.

Back