Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe an optition can help? 😆 🤣 😂

Come on, this looks fantastic!

LOL. Just doesn't do anything for me Col - sorry mate. I've just got so much in my collection that this sort of pose is an "also ran" for me.

If the pose was different (their lunging BGCA JH & crouching CH statues had GREAT design / art direction) and they'd used the squinty-eyed portrait instead of the ones they DID use, I'd have been interested.

But this - for ME . . . they can jog-on by without my money :)

LOL. Just doesn't do anything for me Col - sorry mate. I've just got so much in my collection that this sort of pose is an "also ran" for me.

If the pose was different (their lunging BGCA JH & crouching CH statues had GREAT design / art direction) and they'd used the squinty-eyed portrait instead of the ones they DID use, I'd have been interested.

But this - for ME . . . they can jog-on by without my money :)

Being from Oz, looks like there was no way to get this directly from P1 because of the battery issue and I’m glad I didn’t try to. Local resellers was the best option but I was very late to the party anyway. So the bust was the way to go, and I feel this ultimately was the right choice. Too much money and not enough space for the whole thing in my very full mancave, but an option to still own a fantastic sculpt of the original creature that wowed me all those years ago.

Being from Oz, looks like there was no way to get this directly from P1 because of the battery issue and I’m glad I didn’t try to. Local resellers was the best option but I was very late to the party anyway. So the bust was the way to go, and I feel this ultimately was the right choice. Too much money and not enough space for the whole thing in my very full mancave, but an option to still own a fantastic sculpt of the original creature that wowed me all those years ago.

So you DID go for the squinty-eyed bust? (the only unmasked portrait I liked BTW).

So you DID go for the squinty-eyed bust? (the only unmasked portrait I liked BTW).

Yeah, I did. The other ones seem to be missing some of the menace we saw once the mask came off. Not bad at all, but this look when he’s discovered Dutch’s trap is the jungle hunter at his most sinister and how I would like him represented in the collection

Yeah, I did. The other ones seem to be missing some of the menace we saw once the mask came off. Not bad at all, but this look when he’s discovered Dutch’s trap is the jungle hunter at his most sinister and how I would like him represented in the collection

Agreed - good choice! (y)

The same reasons you highlighted part from the battery issue is why I chose both the JH (limited closed mouth) and CH busts. I'm glad I did now.

I'm intrigued to see Prime 1's AVP (Alien Vs Predator) piece they teased at the showcase X for this coming weekend.

If the Prime 1 had the accuracy level of the NECA 1/5 Predator I would be all over this. When the proyect was announced I was seriously impressed by the size, optional parts and possibilities of this statue. Now that I see the final product I’m not. I know this one has a better painjob, quills, better netting, tons of accesories, lights and a beautiful diorama base, but when I see this I don’t see Kevin Peter Hall in a suit in a frame taken from the movie, and that turns me off.

I want a perfectly scaled replica that looks like the real thing shrunk down, and this is not what Prime 1 did. They created a very complex, detailed and clean computer model of the Jungle Hunter that lacks the soul of the Stan Winston creation interpreted by Kevin. I’m happy I passed on this as I was seriously considering having it as the ultimate Jungle Hunter, but for me its not. And I’m happy for the owners that will enjoy it.

I hope someday a company would do a proper 1/4 or 1/3 KPH in a Jungle Predator suit. While that I’ll stick to my NECA with their limitations.

If the Prime 1 had the accuracy level of the NECA 1/5 Predator I would be all over this. When the proyect was announced I was seriously impressed by the size, optional parts and possibilities of this statue. Now that I see the final product I’m not. I know this one has a better painjob, quills, better netting, tons of accesories, lights and a beautiful diorama base, but when I see this I don’t see Kevin Peter Hall in a suit in a frame taken from the movie, and that turns me off.

I want a perfectly scaled replica that looks like the real thing shrunk down, and this is not what Prime 1 did. They created a very complex, detailed and clean computer model of the Jungle Hunter that lacks the soul of the Stan Winston creation interpreted by Kevin. I’m happy I passed on this as I was seriously considering having it as the ultimate Jungle Hunter, but for me its not. And I’m happy for the owners that will enjoy it.

I hope someday a company would do a proper 1/4 or 1/3 KPH in a Jungle Predator suit. While that I’ll stick to my NECA with their limitations.
You keep telling yourself that...

Back