Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Prime 1 had the accuracy level of the NECA 1/5 Predator I would be all over this. When the proyect was announced I was seriously impressed by the size, optional parts and possibilities of this statue. Now that I see the final product I’m not. I know this one has a better painjob, quills, better netting, tons of accesories, lights and a beautiful diorama base, but when I see this I don’t see Kevin Peter Hall in a suit in a frame taken from the movie, and that turns me off.

I want a perfectly scaled replica that looks like the real thing shrunk down, and this is not what Prime 1 did. They created a very complex, detailed and clean computer model of the Jungle Hunter that lacks the soul of the Stan Winston creation interpreted by Kevin. I’m happy I passed on this as I was seriously considering having it as the ultimate Jungle Hunter, but for me its not. And I’m happy for the owners that will enjoy it.

I hope someday a company would do a proper 1/4 or 1/3 KPH in a Jungle Predator suit. While that I’ll stick to my NECA with their limitations.
i love me NECA Preds. they take up 8 foot of valuable shelf display space in my room.

mmpr-01dx_b0073.jpg

but dude, this looks just like KPH.

Honestly I highly doubted about Prime 1 delivering a premium product but boy I was wrong. This thing is absolutely stunning but unfortunately it screams to me that I need a room for Preddies before I proceed further with any collecting...

Yep, watched it. Looks great. Everyone should be happy once it arrives. The paint on the tree cross section ,however, could have been done better by my kids. Even a sideshow tree on one of my statues looks better!
Like he says in the review, just because it’s toward the back, doesn’t mean you should cut corners on a 3K piece

I love this 1/3. But since I have the 1/4 JH and 1/4 CH…and only have room for just one giant 1/3 Predator, I’m going for the Berserker.

Obviously if I had more display room and money to burn, I’d get them all, lol.

If the Prime 1 had the accuracy level of the NECA 1/5 Predator I would be all over this. When the proyect was announced I was seriously impressed by the size, optional parts and possibilities of this statue. Now that I see the final product I’m not. I know this one has a better painjob, quills, better netting, tons of accesories, lights and a beautiful diorama base, but when I see this I don’t see Kevin Peter Hall in a suit in a frame taken from the movie, and that turns me off.

I want a perfectly scaled replica that looks like the real thing shrunk down, and this is not what Prime 1 did. They created a very complex, detailed and clean computer model of the Jungle Hunter that lacks the soul of the Stan Winston creation interpreted by Kevin. I’m happy I passed on this as I was seriously considering having it as the ultimate Jungle Hunter, but for me its not. And I’m happy for the owners that will enjoy it.

I hope someday a company would do a proper 1/4 or 1/3 KPH in a Jungle Predator suit. While that I’ll stick to my NECA with their limitations.
I can't agree that the neca 1/4 is closer, but the intended silhouette is slimmer/better, being chopped up by articulation aside.

This has more "superhero" proportions than kph's suit had - it's got a more broad torso/wider shoulders/bigger waist (maybe quads too?). The details are all there, but i agree, the body type is not quite the same. They were on the right track making the abs less defined though, i believe.
On the other hand, the jungle hunter is almost always shot from a low angle, so i think there's a "perception" of the creature's proportions vs. "the man in the suit measurements" that they may be trying to factor in as well. Then there's the pose shifting the body too - reminds me of trying to solve a slide puzzle making everything jibe perfectly.

The big game cover art's proportions/size are way out of wack compared to the film, but it doesn't take away from it being a fantastic piece in my eyes. I did pass on this mostly for the unmanageable size, but ultimately because i'm in the same "sinking boat" as you.

Probably sounds like a stupid idea but do you think something like two of these back to back would support the weight?

71y-yxON17L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Really appreciating that semi-open expression. Looks much better in collector photos than in the official prototype shots. The roaring head is a classic, but we've seen it before on a number of Predator collectibles. The semi-open, like the closed mouth, is unique to this statue and makes it all the more special. Not to mention it's more accurate to what the screen-used prop could do.

Probably sounds like a stupid idea but do you think something like two of these back to back would support the weight?

71y-yxON17L._AC_SX425_.jpg
Depends on the weight capacity of each one, no?

Last edited:

The plants & jam-jars? - no :naughty . . . the cabinets - probably not . . . unless they have solid backs they are likely to start to warp downwards with the weight over time.

You could add a single piece of 3/4" MDF over the top of the 2 of them - that may work. It also depends on how the pieces of the cabinet are held together.

Back