Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Sugo. Mines confirmed for a delivery date of late December or first week of January according to one of their reps. I got one in the first batch
Awesome, look forward to your pics. I can’t swing a full statue, but I’ve got the limited bust from them on preorder for Q2 next year, can’t wait!
what a great Christmas present to yourself you have coming(y)

From Sugo. Mines confirmed for a delivery date of late December or first week of January according to one of their reps. I got one in the first batch

THAT bodes well - fingers crossed for you mate (and for everyone else who is getting this).

Oh, wow! I didn't think anyone here would get him so fast. Fingers crossed everything goes well with yours.

You've got to post some photos of him next to the Big Chap!

The last 3 years have made me more sure than ever that this is an accurate assessment . . .

image.png

Amen brother! Lol.

Do we know the depth of the base yet? I need to see if this will actually fit in my current setup

Sorry for the double post but I couldn’t get any font into the above post once I had uploaded the image.

I’ve just noticed this post on FB from someone asking whether the photo in question is a lean or the angle. I’m not sure where he pulled the photo from originally. A few comments are suggesting it’s the angle whilst another guy said it is the statue without any evidence to suggest why.

This is concerning to me as I’m not paying almost £3k for something with such an issue. It’d be a massive shame if such an incredible statue was ruined.

EDIT:

From the owner himself. Hard to know what to think.

89C14F7A-CA56-4A40-9D08-CF50349D68B7.jpeg

Last edited:
. . . From the owner himself. Hard to know what to think . . .

Yeah - the lean is definitely there - not much but it's there. If that is EVERY piece, folks will have to choose their display angle carefully if it bugs them :dunno

Aside from that . . . I'm being an idiot here I know . . . but . . .

1) The name plate is different in the 2 pics - what's with that?​
2) That spine trophy round his waist seems a lot "thicker" than it should be? (ironic since the one on the Cinemaquette was WAY smaller than it should have been). Maybe due to the way it's been positioned?​

Rotation and perspective distortion due to the short lens and high angle form which the photo was taken. Check out how skewed the torso and head look compared to the prototype, like they were stretched towards the top-left corner. And how the top of the curtain is wider than the bottom.

The user uploaded another photo which was a bit better, but still had some perspective distortion. I rotated and de-warped it in Photoshop to try and get as many horizontal and vertical lines as possible.

The statue's center of gravity still hovers a bit in front of the legs (this was also the case with the prototype, especially in the 360-degree videos), but it's not as skewed anymore.

This will be a difficult piece to photograph due to its size. Small focal lengths and short distances will distort it. This is why collectible companies have their photographers stand several meters away and use long lenses when they take their official photos.

predEdit.jpg

1) The name plate is different in the 2 pics - what's with that?​
The deluxe version comes with a second nameplate, red text on black.

Last edited:
Some pics from SF, looks great imo...

Thanks for the pics Col.

I still find myself shrugging my shoulders and going "meh" :dunno

My appointment at the Doctors is next Wednesday . . . so we'll see if they have any (extra) medication that may help.

All I'm worried about (aside from QC issues of course) is getting this in-hand and feeling like it's just too much statue for me. Maybe having moved to a bigger space by the time this arrives will help with that. When I received the Big Chap wall art earlier this year, it made my 9'x9' office feel all the more claustrophobic. Pieces like this need room to breathe, especially if you already have other collectibles around.

Back