Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious about the shipping quotes to the U.S......anyone in the States ordered direct from P1?
I did. It went up by $200. Now it’s $516 Economy Shipping to California. That was my window for cancelling. Got my entire refund plus deposit back. I feel very disappointed. No, not at the statue, as it’s friggin boss. But I had no choice, it was either the 1/3 JH or the Queen Studios 1:1 Alien Bust…I chose the Bust.

I bet my entire collection that I have the smallest mancave in here… 😄

The only way I could fit the 1/3 is if I’d get rid of my fridge and Murphy bed, which I’m not doing, lol.

The price I had to pay for living in California. Expensive small house… 😭😰

Agreed.

For me, it's got to the point that there has to be something really special about a piece for me to take notice (and want to fork out THIS sort of money!)

The 1:3.5 BGCA piece has that style & presence - the pose is simply amazing - different league to this. The same is true of their 1:4 City Hunter and their 1:4 Sengoku (samurai) pieces.

For those that haven't got the 1:3 Cinemaquette, this is a no-brainer (except for the price, shipping, taxes/duties & possibly having to deal with PRIME1), but the pose is basically the same so it holds no interest for me. I also don't like the unmasked heads on the PRIME1 piece.

Each to their own as they say :)

I’m astonished that the 1:4 City Hunter still available. It’s only $899-$999 USD. It’s a boss statue. Sure, a bit on the small size, but if you wall mount the sucker, it’s PERFECT. Great sculpt, great pose, great switch-outs (EX). I refer to it as one of the most underrated and overlooked statues of all times. Glad I have it.

I did. It went up by $200. Now it’s $516 Economy Shipping to California. That was my window for cancelling. Got my entire refund plus deposit back. I feel very disappointed. No, not at the statue, as it’s friggin boss. But I had no choice, it was either the 1/3 JH or the Queen Studios 1:1 Alien Bust…I chose the Bust.

I bet my entire collection that I have the smallest mancave in here… 😄

The only way I could fit the 1/3 is if I’d get rid of my fridge and Murphy bed, which I’m not doing, lol.

The price I had to pay for living in California. Expensive small house… 😭😰
Ah, I thought you had cancelled since the piece just didn't do anything for you. Sorry to hear it was a logistical issue.

I'm moving to Texas next year for similar reasons. Very original solution, I know. :lol

I’m astonished that the 1:4 City Hunter still available. It’s only $899-$999 USD. It’s a boss statue. Sure, a bit on the small size, but if you wall mount the sucker, it’s PERFECT. Great sculpt, great pose, great switch-outs (EX). I refer to it as one of the most underrated and overlooked statues of all times. Glad I have it.

Agreed.

It's an accurate 1:4 compared to my other pieces, so does well with them or on its own, but he does look like a bit of a bairn next to the 1:3.5 BGCA :lol

Wish I didn't have so many paint issues with my 1/4 CH. Both the original and replacement had problems that soured the whole experience and eventually pushed me to sell. The QC department's incompetence (or absence) aside, it's my favorite concept for a CH collectible. I'd pay double what it cost if it had the paintjob of the 1/3 JH.

Ah, I thought you had cancelled since the piece just didn't do anything for you. Sorry to hear it was a logistical issue.

I'm moving to Texas next year for similar reasons. Very original solution, I know. :lol
Oh, I love the 1/3. But yeah, don’t really have room for two huge pieces. If the Queen Studios Alien Bust had not arrived at the scene, I’d be getting the 1/3 soon. But one had to go. I was just waiting for that higher shipping quote. I always do that till the last minute so I can get the deposit back. Man, my house is tiny, but my backyard is huge…wished it was the other way around… 😆

I stayed in El Paso for a year. I felt it was too isolated from the rest of Texas. What part of Texas are you moving to?

California, super expensive (I friggin hate property taxes here), criminals get a lot of slack here, homelessness, and well, I don’t want to get into politics. I’ll just say I’m moderate, split down the middle. But it gets too one sided over here. But one thing California beats all the other States in the country, the year round weather. It’s fantastic.

I guess it’s a love and hate thing… 😆

Yeah… I keep waiting for that one vid or pic that makes me regret cancelling and putting another order in.

It’s a great piece, it really is. It’s just missing something. If I did not have the 1/4 version maybe I would feel differently

That’s the price tag screwing with you. Lol.

Wish I didn't have so many paint issues with my 1/4 CH. Both the original and replacement had problems that soured the whole experience and eventually pushed me to sell. The QC department's incompetence (or absence) aside, it's my favorite concept for a CH collectible. I'd pay double what it cost if it had the paintjob of the 1/3 JH.
Sorry about your issues. Mine arrived with no issues. But I understand about those damn decals peelings. That’s why I give statues a slight clearcoat.

I stayed in El Paso for a year. I felt it was too isolated from the rest of Texas. What part of Texas are you moving to?

California, super expensive (I friggin hate property taxes here), criminals get a lot of slack here, homelessness, and well, I don’t want to get into politics. I’ll just say I’m moderate, split down the middle. But it gets too one sided over here. But one thing California beats all the other States in the country, the year round weather. It’s fantastic.

I guess it’s a love and hate thing… 😆
Moving to Austin (the originality streak continues :rock). I definitely prefer sunny weather, but miss having seasons, so Austin feels like a good balance. Regarding your bit about politics, I can dig it. A healthy mix seems to prevent either side from getting too zealous.

More than anything though, it's the quality of life for the money. The Austin bubble has gotten bigger due to folks like me, but compared to living in LA, it's still a great deal.

Sorry about your issues. Mine arrived with no issues. But I understand about those damn decals peelings. That’s why I give statues a slight clearcoat.
I was going to, but realized I just don't like collectibles I have to fix up. Non-destructive mods are fine, but I get neurotic about having to repaint or seal anything that changes the integrity of the original piece.

Yeah - that sucks - I felt really bad for you.

Not sure where you got your other 2 from, but Shane at Secret Compass still has both versions available - EX here
icon_arrow.gif
Predator 2: City Hunter Predator 3D Wall Sculpture EX

Yeah - that sucks - I felt really bad for you.

Not sure where you got your other 2 from, but Shane at Secret Compass still has both versions available - EX here
icon_arrow.gif
Predator 2: City Hunter Predator 3D Wall Sculpture EX

Got them from Shane, yeah. :lol He was great to deal with, no issues there. I think it was just the wrong piece for me. Or rotten luck. Either way, two duds in a row felt like a cosmic transmission and I listened.

Moving to Austin (the originality streak continues :rock). I definitely prefer sunny weather, but miss having seasons, so Austin feels like a good balance. Regarding your bit about politics, I can dig it. A healthy mix seems to prevent either side from getting too zealous.

More than anything though, it's the quality of life for the money. The Austin bubble has gotten bigger due to folks like me, but compared to living in LA, it's still a great deal.

I was going to, but realized I just don't like collectibles I have to fix up. Non-destructive mods are fine, but I get neurotic about having to repaint or seal anything that changes the integrity of the original piece.
Austin, awesome. I hear it’s the most Californian out of all the Texan cities… 😄

Its definitely the most hipster Texan city for sure…

100%. it’s exactly what it should be, scene specific. Not so much the ex;)

I'm in Dallas. I like it and hate it at the same time. I'm originally from the East Coast though.

Don't think Sisko's video was posted here either, but she's back and got some great footage of these statues at the recent con. They look positively enormous here. Time set to the beginning of the Alien/Predator section:

I'm still picking up my jaw from the floor after that side view of the JH.

Sorry I know it’s the predator page but what is with the alien after the predators are shown in the video… prime 1 just did a re release of the alien wall art minus the wall and changed the base. Wow

Mass cancellations in Australia over the battery laws have commenced. A lot of people I know are now missing out on this statue.. was lucky I went through a reseller.

The last 3 years have made me more sure than ever that this is an accurate assessment . . .

image.png

Back