Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure you want to do that? You don't have anything to lose just waiting until they show the production version. Hell it could be 2023 before this starts shipping out. Just my opinion but I think it would be wise to see how you feel about this around next Christmas.
My thinking as well. Even without the bust, the other headsculpts still look great on this. This was a must-buy before we even knew they were making an expansion set.

My thinking as well. Even without the bust, the other headsculpts still look great on this. This was a must-buy before we even knew they were making an expansion set.
Given the price and size of the bust, it's pretty much it's own thing now. An expansion set would have just been an extra head. Both products will look great as individual pieces.

So I’m thinking of canceling my PO. The price of the bust took the wind out of my sales and to be 100% honest…. I love my 1/4 scale P1 Predator. It covers all my Predator needs. Great sculpt, great pose, multiple head display options.

I may wait a bit. No hurry to cancel as I will lose my NRD now or later. But that bust was a piece I was looking forward to but I can’t justify 4000.00 + on this statue. I have trouble enough justifying the statue itself.

we will see

I know what you mean about the bust, I kind of feel the same way tbh. However, I would maybe hold of on cancelling for now. I say this as there is a good chance that something may occur such as a delay, or an increase in the shipping price which might offer you the chance to cancel later on without losing your NRD, I did so with the 1/4 after they tripled the shipping cost. You might even change your mind and decide to keep it if they turn out as good as we all hope....

Cheers. So all 1500 have been allocated?

Only Prime 1 knows for sure but it seems very unlikely, especially considering the backlash. Predator is popular still, but I'm not sure there are 1500 people lined up to pay $1k for a 1/3 closed mouth Predator bust.

It certainly would not be the first time a collectible company listed a high edition size and only followed through with a partial run.

Only Prime 1 knows for sure but it seems very unlikely, especially considering the backlash. Predator is popular still, but I'm not sure there are 1500 people lined up to pay $1k for a 1/3 closed mouth Predator bust.

It certainly would not be the first time a collectible company listed a high edition size and only followed through with a partial run.

Yeah it was by McFarlane but this looks much bigger! Still one of my favorite pieces though.

This one has Brody though so I’m curious what’s going on with the likeness rights now since Neca was denied after taking preorders even.
Also would be the first time that a major collectibles company sold out of a 1,500 piece allocation at that price point in less than a week.

Yes, the waitlist started less than a week after it went up on their exclusive sale page.

You'd think they'd be championing that achievement everywhere if it was really true!

Also would be the first time that a major collectibles company sold out of a 1,500 piece allocation at that price point in less than a week.

Yes, the waitlist started less than a week after it went up on their exclusive sale page.

You'd think they'd be championing that achievement everywhere if it was really true!
the lack Low Stock Warning and straight to WL is what annoyed me. That post of FB tells me Prime 1 is doing a relaunch, resolicit of this bust.

Either most of that stock was allocated to 3rd party retailers, or they're simply lying about it being out of stock. Either way, I'm willing to bet if you really want one of these you should have no problem picking one up once it's released.

Infinity Studio's Berserker Predator statue came out and it looks outstanding. I have to say P1's predator statues does not even come close at the paint department. After seeing the photos of the statue P1 has no excuse anymore on that front. Looks superior at every way. I ordered the 1/3 predator and I hope they will pull it off.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1639491703868.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491703868.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 88
  • FB_IMG_1639491699091.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491699091.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 87
  • FB_IMG_1639491691594.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491691594.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 87
  • FB_IMG_1639491688588.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491688588.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 88
  • FB_IMG_1639491684393.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491684393.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 93
  • FB_IMG_1639491682226.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639491682226.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 90
Infinity Studio's Berserker Predator statue came out and it looks outstanding. I have to say P1's predator statues does not even come close at the paint department. After seeing the photos of the statue P1 has no excuse anymore on that front. Looks superior at every way. I ordered the 1/3 predator and I hope they will pull it off.

That's an amazing paint job - just like their City Hunter (that I have in-hand).

Thanks for sharing these - bodes well for their Jungle Hunter.

I hate the pose they went with on that, Infinity are such a hit and miss company imo. They do make some lovely stuff however. One of their early concepts for that Berserker was him standing tall, mask on holding a trophey. That combined with the sculpt and paint that they managed would have been quite a statue! I can't fathom why they opted to make him almost falling over and with another 1/3 bust on the base that you can hardly see. This is their miss part....

EDIT: Found it.... Top images! Tell me that wouldn't have been infinitely better.... Pun intended.

HEKjwCN.jpg

I hate the pose they went with on that, Infinity are such a hit and miss company imo. They do make some lovely stuff however. One of their early concepts for that Berserker was him standing tall, mask on holding a spine. That combined with the sculpt and paint that they managed would have been quite a statue! I can't fathom why they opted to make him almost falling over and with another 1/3 bust on the base that you can hardly see. This is their miss part....

You sure you're not thinking of the Narin sculpt?

No, not the Narin kit. You were super quick on the draw. I edited my comment that you quoted to add an image. Look up... So much better!

I know - I need to get a life :)

Right - don't think I've seen those before (or if I have - my brain cell has forgotten).

Yeah - that may have been better - can't decide. Much prefer Narin's though.

Back