Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't buy one, that price is nuts. So it's either a lie, or ppl claim to not buy one but buy anyway lmao or maybe they got smart and will split the orders with a cheaper base option for some.

I didn't buy one, that price is nuts. So it's either a lie, or ppl claim to not buy one but buy anyway lmao or maybe they got smart and will split the orders with a cheaper base option for some.
Maybe... maybe they'll put out a simplified version and anyone who wants to convert their order to that can do so.

But I doubt it. I think they'll convert the waitlist orders and hope people will be so grateful for their sudden "luck" that they'll keep the order and shut up about the price.

I can't believe they are trying that BS with the bust already :rotflI thought they'd wait at least a month before trying the FOMO approach to gain a few desperate sales. Prime 1 are nothing if not entertaining atm... In a really shady kind of way. Why am I paying these jokers $4k+ for the 1/3 statue again?

Either this has been dropped to 100ES, or they are pulling the sale for some reason.

So does anyone know how Prime1 waitlist works? If you go on waitlist are you automatically committed and charged the deposit if it "converts"? Because with Sideshow they notify you that a conversion is available and you have a choice whether or not to proceed.

This feels like a classic Sideshow move too. Set a high edition size(1500), make about 1/3 of that number(500), after the first small run sells through let the second run fill up on panicked waitlist customers, rinse and repeat until the entire run is complete if you get that far.

You know the funny thing? - I was about to FINALLY cave and order their Samurai "Sengoku" (not "Senjutsu" - that's the latest Iron Maiden album :oops: ) predator.

But the latest couple of pages on this thread and the "busts" thread reminded me what dishonest pricks PRIME1 are.

Total scum.

So does anyone know how Prime1 waitlist works? If you go on waitlist are you automatically committed and charged the deposit if it "converts"? Because with Sideshow they notify you that a conversion is available and you have a choice whether or not to proceed.

This feels like a classic Sideshow move too. Set a high edition size(1500), make about 1/3 of that number(500), after the first small run sells through let the second run fill up on panicked waitlist customers, rinse and repeat until the entire run is complete if you get that far.
Yeah, you’re basically committed if it converts. They’ll email you and tell you that your waitlist was elected, and then you’ll be automatically charged. Alternatively you can remove yourself from a waitlist, before it converts, by emailing them and requesting it, and they will send you confirmation that your waitlist has been canceled. Unfortunately had to do this for Big Chap. I would’ve converted, but the potential leaning issue scared the crap out of me. Hopefully a collector got lucky.

Last edited:
I can't believe they are trying that BS with the bust already :rotflI thought they'd wait at least a month before trying the FOMO approach to gain a few desperate sales. Prime 1 are nothing if not entertaining atm... In a really shady kind of way. Why am I paying these jokers $4k+ for the 1/3 statue again?

Either this has been dropped to 100ES, or they are pulling the sale for some reason.
Daylight robbery.

just emailed them asking if i can use my reward points on a waitlist order. They don't allow Points to be used on a Waitlist. So they are basically discouraging us to buy their product.

I'm still on the fence with this. If it looks anything like the proto it will be worth it, if it looks anything like every other Predator piece they have put out (for the money) it will be a disaster. It's a lot of money to put up on a bet everything will be different this time.

So I’m thinking of canceling my PO. The price of the bust took the wind out of my sales and to be 100% honest…. I love my 1/4 scale P1 Predator. It covers all my Predator needs. Great sculpt, great pose, multiple head display options.

I may wait a bit. No hurry to cancel as I will lose my NRD now or later. But that bust was a piece I was looking forward to but I can’t justify 4000.00 + on this statue. I have trouble enough justifying the statue itself.

we will see

So I’m thinking of canceling my PO. The price of the bust took the wind out of my sales and to be 100% honest…. I love my 1/4 scale P1 Predator. It covers all my Predator needs. Great sculpt, great pose, multiple head display options.

I may wait a bit. No hurry to cancel as I will lose my NRD now or later. But that bust was a piece I was looking forward to but I can’t justify 4000.00 + on this statue. I have trouble enough justifying the statue itself.

we will see

Sucks that you'll lose the deposit - sorry about that bud.

I think that 1:3.5 statue is a much better sculpt (shame about the colour though) so I understand where you're coming from.

Sucks that you'll lose the deposit - sorry about that bud.

I think that 1:3.5 statue is a much better sculpt (shame about the colour though) so I understand where you're coming from.

Deposit money is already gone… So really it won’t hurt as much as it could.

Not gonna lie… I got caught up in the hype.. This IMO the greatest collectible ever made ( if it’s close to proto ) but do I need a 3000.00 Predator in my collection? Not at all. Especially when I like my 1:3.5 so much.

I am about 95% sure I am going to cancel which means I will probably just cancel this week. I’ll regret it for a little while when the in hand pics come in but it will be nice to admire from afar.

Not gonna lie… I got caught up in the hype.. This IMO the greatest collectible ever made ( if it’s close to proto ) but do I need a 3000.00 Predator in my collection? Not at all. Especially when I like my 1:3.5 so much.

I am about 95% sure I am going to cancel which means I will probably just cancel this week. I’ll regret it for a little while when the in hand pics come in but it will be nice to admire from afar.

As an alternative - maybe hang on and see if someone is willing to take the thing off your hands - like maybe they fund the rest when it's due and they cover 50% of your deposit? Guess it depends if you think it's worth the hassle/stress over however long this takes to release. Sometimes it is just better to pull the band-aid off fast.

I hear you on the "caught up in the hype", I'm glad I decided pretty quickly this wasn't for me.

I'm not saying it's the case for yourself or anyone else here, but I'm pretty sure there will be others that either are or will be suffering from buyers remorse on this as time goes by. Dealing with the company themselves is bad enough, without the nervousness resulting from thinking about possible QC errors and/or production shortcuts.

Last edited:

Sure you want to do that? You don't have anything to lose just waiting until they show the production version. Hell it could be 2023 before this starts shipping out. Just my opinion but I think it would be wise to see how you feel about this around next Christmas.

All that said, I'm still very disappointed/angry with the bust shenanigans too but not enough to cancel the whole enchilada. I want to see if Prime 1 takes this statue as seriously as they claim to in their preview videos.

Back