Prime 1 / Blitzway: Dune - Paul Atreides (Timothée Chalamet)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Time Lord Collector I had to let you know, I just got a notice from Sideshow that said my card will be charged tomorrow--after getting notice last week that Paul would be delayed. Next time I will be definitely going with Prime 1 direct--but I will say that this one will be arriving just in time for Christmas!

Ah ok, great to hear it'll be arriving Just in time Christmas.

I'm semi wanting to purchase this piece. Not 100% sure. How does everyone feel about it? I'm almost wanting to wait and see what prime1 does with the new part 2. But I'm worried they won't do much at all and I'll miss out.

I'm semi wanting to purchase this piece. Not 100% sure. How does everyone feel about it? I'm almost wanting to wait and see what prime1 does with the new part 2. But I'm worried they won't do much at all and I'll miss out.
I still feel great about it--I am sure prime 1 is cooking up something based off the Dune Part 2 release--but I don't think too much changes with the costume except for the outer robe color and blue eyes. Here are some shots from my unboxing at Christmas time. I need to take some proper shots of this guy with a better camera. I love this statue as the costume detail and likeness turned out much better than I had hoped.

IMG_2310 copy.png
IMG_2312 copy.png
IMG_2311 copy.png
IMG_2313 copy.png
IMG_2984 copy.png

I still feel great about it--I am sure prime 1 is cooking up something based off the Dune Part 2 release--but I don't think too much changes with the costume except for the outer robe color and blue eyes. Here are some shots from my unboxing at Christmas time. I need to take some proper shots of this guy with a better camera. I love this statue as the costume detail and likeness turned out much better than I had hoped.

View attachment 691053View attachment 691054View attachment 691055View attachment 691056View attachment 691057
Thanks for the pics. I'm having a hard time with the portrait. I don't know if it's the brows or not. I'll probably wait to see what p1 does in the future.

Thanks for the pics. I'm having a hard time with the portrait. I don't know if it's the brows or not. I'll probably wait to see what p1 does in the future.
You are welcome. In-hand the head sculpt looks better than my pics. I am not crazy about the 1/6th Paul Atreides that are coming up from InArt and I do not do statues very often, but the mixed media and scale really got me on this one, plus the limited factor. I cannot wait to see what Prime 1 cooks up for Dune: Part 2.

You are welcome. In-hand the head sculpt looks better than my pics. I am not crazy about the 1/6th Paul Atreides that are coming up from InArt and I do not do statues very often, but the mixed media and scale really got me on this one, plus the limited factor. I cannot wait to see what Prime 1 cooks up for Dune: Part 2.
I'm definitely sold on his still suit and cloth (wish it was more grey like the promo) but it's just the in hand eyes and brows. Even though 900 isn't expense for a p1 piece, it's still almost a thousand bucks. I may grab one hopefully but I have a feeling p1 is going to do another showcase soon.
If they drop some Elden Ring pieces I'm going to have to rethink my life 😅

Agreed. Pictures doesn't do this piece justice. The portrait is spot on and Stillsuit when you compare it with what it was taken from in the film. I'm completely happy with mine.

GREAT photos Pizza!

The only thing that concerns me (after watching both movies back to back), is the colors on this look all over the shop; in the movies there doesn't seem to be so much variation - it's more just muted grey tones, even the backpack. This looks like it has browns, greens, greys, blacks, almost like they've done it on purpose to give it more definition or something?

Funny after seeing part2 I thought "go ahead purchase it" because it was still on side show. And literally the next day it was on a wait list. Urgh. I'll wait patiently. Of course there's the scalpers selling it now $500 more.
I do think a 1/3 will eventually come out at some point. Hopefully

Funny after seeing part2 I thought "go ahead purchase it" because it was still on side show. And literally the next day it was on a wait list. Urgh. I'll wait patiently. Of course there's the scalpers selling it now $500 more.
I do think a 1/3 will eventually come out at some point. Hopefully
Do you predominantly collect statues? Or do you do 1/6th figures? This statue is fantastic and I normally do not collect statues but I had to have this one because of it's scale and detail. InArt just opened pre-orders for a 1/6 fully posable version of him in high detail with rooted hair for cheaper than what this statue is going for now on the secondary market.

Do you predominantly collect statues? Or do you do 1/6th figures? This statue is fantastic and I normally do not collect statues but I had to have this one because of it's scale and detail. InArt just opened pre-orders for a 1/6 fully posable version of him in high detail with rooted hair for cheaper than what this statue is going for now on the secondary market.
I collect mostly 1/3 figures. I'm doing the 1/4 bloodborne prime 1 pieces though. But much more prefer 1/3. The new 1/6 inart is nice. Too small though. Now if Queen did a 1/3 paul I'd be all over it.

I guess I was meant to get this thing. Wasn't going to until I saw one in-hand, then the local retailer pre sold-out a day or two after Part Two hit. Thought to myself, it wasn't meant to be and that if JND ever does one, I'll just get that.

Got a call today from one of the guys there saying they had 1 cancelation and if I still wanted it... very glad I did. The likeness isn't 100%, but it's pretty damn good and overall a great piece... (until the JND version comes along :ROFLMAO:)

Didn't realize the edition size was only 320 :oops:

Sculpt looks more like Josh Hucherson than Chalamay.

Attachments

• Aw4HUTUYkmtfkdg06tVs9Eaukxf.jpg
    Aw4HUTUYkmtfkdg06tVs9Eaukxf.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I see a cross between Tom Holland and Chalamet.

Depending on angle and lighting/time of day, changes the look dramatically as well.

Unfortunately, it's the best version so far, and the only good one on the horizon is the InArt and even that hasn't nailed the likeness either - closer than this, but still not perfect :(

Just a quick FYI for those that have this: the breathing mask is upside-down in the promotional photos, and I noticed a couple of you guys had it like that as well.

Spotted this and noticed it:

Back