Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked shipping on P1 site for this and it was about 250, but changing shipping charges that much is insane. I really don't know how they calc the shipping. 30-40 dollars shipping for 1/3 batman statues but this is over 200 ???

Wonder if it's because EMS is temporarily restricted due to the pandemic. That leaves only DHL, which is technically also a "standard" method, but costs an arm and a leg.

Could be an automatic adjustment by the website based on the best available option. If so, hopefully it comes back down when EMS lifts their restrictions.

Could be an automatic adjustment by the website based on the best available option. If so, hopefully it comes back down when EMS lifts their restrictions.

Yeah - absolutely possible (which would help explain the zero notification to people who had paid) - but if that IS the case they should turn that feature off for a while because (as evidenced here) - it freaks people out.

I live in US... I have standard shipping... I don't think it jumped that much... Its at 290.00 But I have no idea what it was before.. Maybe I am remembering the express shipping price from when I first ordered.

One of the mods on their FB group (which is up in arms!) Is saying that these changes are automated based on current prices. I have no idea if this is true or just the official line given to try and reduce the backlash. Either way it's pretty bad form and they need to act asap or face loosing a lot of customers!

We don't have the option for any kind of budget shipping Spike, it's only the standard option for us.

Col, I almost bought the P2 also the other day, I keep on looking at it as I have been for months. I think there is a chance that we might see it go up on SSC again now, so I'm going to keep on holding out. There's still no ES on it yet anyway.

Seems to me that they are simply cashing in on the Covid situation.
Any current restrictions are irrelevant as this probably won't ship for another year.

They're back on Monday after a 10 day Japanese holiday. When I emailed them this was added to the confirmation reply...

'Please note that the shipping will be also on break until May 10th, you can still make an order on our website during this time though. Unfortunately, the shipping cost will be increased since May 10th due to the current worldwide situation, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience'.

Inconvenience? Adding $120 to shipping, without prior correspondence is more than an inconvenience.

I'm pretty angry and made it clear in my email. No way will I ever own a P1 piece after this.

I don't do FB, and never will but would be interesting to read what people are saying.
When I Googled it this was the first thing I saw...

20200509_091127.jpg

May if done me a favour here. They better refund my deposit.

That post was removed by the guy who posted it. He started another saying he was trying to like it. The paint didn't look great on it's forehead at all however. Looked like decals to me.

I only have one Prime item and it's awesome, way better than anything Sideshow would ever produce. They have earned their good reputation, it'd be a shame to see them throw it away...

E5EaALU.jpg

Was that the ID:R Alien Bust Matt?

Yeah, it's life size and produced with translucent resin. Looks almost real in person, paint is top notch on it also, really good for a factory production piece. Prime 1 are very capable of this, hopefully they are just going through a blip rather than losing their touch.

One of the mods on their FB group (which is up in arms!) Is saying that these changes are automated based on current prices. I have no idea if this is true or just the official line given to try and reduce the backlash. Either way it's pretty bad form and they need to act asap or face loosing a lot of customers!

We don't have the option for any kind of budget shipping Spike, it's only the standard option for us . . .

So that price must have been the equivalent of "express" then I guess. That makes more sense (although the increase does NOT).

Any current restrictions are irrelevant as this probably won't ship for another year.

They're back on Monday after a 10 day Japanese holiday. When I emailed them this was added to the confirmation reply...

'Please note that the shipping will be also on break until May 10th, you can still make an order on our website during this time though. Unfortunately, the shipping cost will be increased since May 10th due to the current worldwide situation, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience'.

Inconvenience? Adding $120 to shipping, without prior correspondence is more than an inconvenience . . .

Exactly, and exactly.

Don?t waste your money on Predator busts from Prime 1, Sideshow, CoolProps, etc.

Get a custom Scott Marshall Predator head...it smokes them all outta the water. I have two (P1 and P2). Plus two bio masks from Casey McCabe, friggin awesome work.

Neny Dee painted this Elder, but it?s sculpted by Scott Marshall and casted by Casey McCabe...

Inconvenience? Adding $120 to shipping, without prior correspondence is more than an inconvenience.

I'm pretty angry and made it clear in my email. No way will I ever own a P1 piece after this.

This is all unfortunate.. I hope they get their heads out of their ass.

The shipping is one kick to the nuts and I also so this on face book...…

I don't do FB, and never will but would be interesting to read what people are saying.
When I Googled it this was the first thing I saw...

View attachment 484693

May if done me a favour here. They better refund my deposit.

I don't know what the hell happened here.. I have never seen someone disappointed with the final product. They always come out very close to proto..

Every company stubs their toe at some point.. maybe its good that they get it out of the way with this bust piece.

I don't know if this will help put minds to rest or not.. This piece was not on my radar at all but I included the complaint pics as well as some other in hand pics.. Without question the 1st two pics are taken at bad angles and I find it curious that he took them down.

95815165_699264547555897_3807363734809083904_o.jpg

97064976_699264054222613_4111908535644717056_o.jpg

Here are other In hand pics.. Looks much better IMO.. But again I have spent no time pouring over proto pics.

90847489_10222942512130612_8766088299073765376_n.jpg

90680311_10222942516490721_4632304824975622144_n.jpg

90594541_10222942514050660_9157185706060152832_n.jpg

90920038_10222942517090736_5964201263234023424_n.jpg

90876759_10222942510570573_4992961750035857408_n.jpg

95993658_3042803265766295_3366409690320732160_o.jpg

There is a video review up on this piece.. Guy is a **** so I wont post it here. But it definatly looks more like the proto then those fist two pics would suggested.. The dreads look a little cheap on the final product though.

Without question the 1st two pics are taken at bad angles and I find it curious that he took them down.

He took them down and posted new ones with his mood lighting setup. Said he'll try to live with it and conceal the paintjob with his light setup.

I'll agree that the shading on the mandibles is overdone, his more so than others I've seen.

There is a video review up on this piece.. Guy is a **** so I wont post it here. But it definatly looks more like the proto then those fist two pics would suggested.. The dreads look a little cheap on the final product though.

The one on YouTube from Flankster 117?

Back