Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are no grails anymore. the metric for a grail is something that is highly sought after it's sold-out with prices at 3-5x the MSRP due to demand vs rarity. With so many statues in today's market, and everything pushing 700-2k at retail, nowadays you almost always lose money when need to sell, very lucky to break even, and 1 in a 100 to actually make some money off it after paying fees + shipping.

the last statue that can still be considered a grail was the xm magneto.

Yup... lucky to sell at price you bought it.

I'm waiting on them to sort some kind of discounted EU shipping, or a decent distributor whom has access to all versions, then I will order the DX version of this.

Thought I'd found a good deal within Europe but after several emails the retailer said they had no idea how much shipping would be.
After pressing them for an estimate they revealed it could be anywhere between ?40 - ?200.

Once they set an ES I'll go direct.
Seems the cheapest option even with $200 shipping and 20% V.A.T added.

How long do they usually take to set the ES?
I've no experience with Prime.

Thought I'd found a good deal within Europe but after several emails the retailer said they had no idea how much shipping would be.
After pressing them for an estimate they revealed it could be anywhere between ?40 - ?200.

Once they set an ES I'll go direct.
Seems the cheapest option even with $200 shipping and 20% V.A.T added.

How long do they usually take to set the ES?
I've no experience with Prime.

Yeah, I'll likely just go direct also. They are planning an EU warehouse which should help us out, but there's no telling when that might actually happen. We're still waiting for the ES on the City Hunter which went up quite a while ago, so I don't think they are in any great rush to set them.

. . . Once they set an ES I'll go direct . . .

Yeah, I'll likely just go direct also . . .

I may well end up doing the same. I've crossed Secret Compass off my list because they don't reply to my emails and I got conflicting reports on reliability (thanks again to those that replied in-thread and/or PM'd me). I'll look into ordering from Spec Fiction, but am in no rush given we're likely a year away from release.

I'm also nervous about some of the QC on the Dog Alien, AND their Facebook behaviour, AND the difference in scale between the Jungle Hunter & City Hunter.

For all I know right now, I may end up passing on BOTH :lol Regardless . . . I'm SO glad I didn't pre-order during the initial excitement - much better to make a considered decision given there are so many "unknowns".

Supposedly someone in the FB group asked a Prime 1 representative and while a proper scale couldn't be advertised for the CH, it was as close to 1/4 as possible.

If it is indeed 60cm to the top of the head and not the spear, I'm thinking they'll work together well enough if not perfectly.

Does this now for sure mean, the Predators are forth scale and the Aliens are third scale? Period?

Does this now for sure mean, the Predators are forth scale and the Aliens are third scale? Period?

As regards the Predators from PRIME 1 - no-one knows what exact scale they are - but they are "somewhere around" 1:4 scale.

Based on the measurements and the comparison pic from our own #Brian (see below) - the Jungle Hunter appears to be slightly larger than 1:4, and the City Hunter at (or slightly less than) 1:4.

There is no consistency.

This is not scientific, but a quick mock up based in published height.
View attachment 465590

Yeah, they told me the EU warehouse wouldn't be any time soon.

I did a quick little calculation using the DX version.

Collectibles direct - ?2100

Prime 1 direct (including predicted shipping quote and 20% tax) - ?1768.80.

Obviously the value of the pound is all over the place atm so this could go up or down over the next year or so. But CDUK prices offer little incentive to use them these days.

EDIT: Apparently we still can't use the GBP icon on this website.....

It ain't gonna vary THAT much though Matt - you'll be safe ordering direct.

I'd still suggest waiting until these are in-hand though.

I don't know, my Dog refund went from over ?1k a couple of weeks ago, to ?930 when I actually requested it the other day. So I suppose now is a relatively good time to put down a deposit. I would want to flex something of this value anyway, it makes it easier to bare/justify if you break up the cost a bit imo. I was hoping we might see a glimpse of Infinities sometime soon. I will likely just flex this one pretty soon however...

I don't know, my Dog refund went from over ?1k a couple of weeks ago, to ?930 when I actually requested it the other day. So I suppose now is a relatively good time to put down a deposit. I would want to flex something of this value anyway, it makes it easier to bare/justify if you break up the cost a bit imo. I was hoping we might see a glimpse of Infinities sometime soon. I will likely just flex this one pretty soon however...

70 GBP difference in TWO WEEKS - WTH !?!?!!? - someone is pulling a fast one there!

Unstable economy atm. A UK warehouse would be great right about now....

My apologies - I stand corrected . . . I'm not planning on heading back 'ome until early next year so I'd not been keeping track of ANY exchange rates other than CDN:USD.

Hindsight is 20:20, but could you have asked them to keep it as Sadshow credit instead?

image.png

could you have asked them to keep it as Sadshow credit instead?

Yes, but I only cancelled my dog as I have so much to pay for in our house. So a credit wasn't an option otherwise I'd just have kept my order in for the Dog. That and I can;t see myself buying much from Sideshow's site going forward. I've still got $200+ in reward points just sitting there. I was hoping Prime 1 would sneak their City hunter on their before their relationship fell apart....

Yes, but I only cancelled my dog as I have so much to pay for in our house. So a credit wasn't an option otherwise I'd just have kept my order in for the Dog. That and I can't see myself buying much from Sideshow's site going forward. I've still got $200+ in reward points just sitting there. I was hoping Prime 1 would sneak their City hunter on their before their relationship fell apart....

Ah - gotcha.

And I'm in the same boat as you (and our bud "Unknown Hero") RE Sideshow - I have $343.65 USD in points and $80 USD credit (total $423.65 . . . or about $3k Canadian)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Possibles are/were:

• PRIME1 Jungle Hunter
  • PRIME1 City Hunter
  • Infinity Studios Jungle Hunter
  • Infinity Studios City Hunter
  • CoolProps Kagero 1:1 bust.

Time will tell . . . time will tell . . . :impatient:

Uh-oh...

Shioktoys Collectibles said:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Prime1 is adding the spear to the Jungle Predator (Big Game Cover Art Predator) DX version. Although it is a P1 website bonus item, any customer of ours that place an order for the DX version with us before this Friday (1 Nov 2019) will also receive this special spear that will make your Predator even more awesome that it already is.

IopvUZi.jpg

Back