Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been having trouble with this site the last couple of days, "database error", "IP address banned by administrator", have to log in like four times before I can post, use another browser. Any of you guys having this issue?

It's not just you. This forum is down more than it's up for me lately. And when it is working, it's unbearably slow even on my 300mbs broadband. I'd be very annoyed if I were a paying member as it's been going on for ages.

It's not just you. This forum is down more than it's up for me lately. And when it is working, it's unbearably slow even on my 300mbs broadband. I'd be very annoyed if I were a paying member as it's been going on for ages.

Yeah, it's getting very old.

Personally this thing is IMO perfect in every way.

I had the newer Sideshow Maquette but that became an eyesore pretty quickly. I wish Heavy Metal Spike had warned me about all its issues before I ordered it

I know this P1 piece has some inaccuracies to the film but they are things that I would not notice unless a OCD predator fan pointed it out to me. :lol

I love all 4 head sculpts and will use them all at some point. I will even use the Gort head. I love the pose more then anything.. Very Predator"y" . The price is a bit too high but with all the switch outs I can say that I feel good about my PO :)

Now the wait for a perfect 1/4 scale ALIEN piece.

As a US buyer, is there any benefit buying direct from P1 as opposed to going through Secret Compass? I'm not going to get the skinned corpse--probably going with the DX.

Down payment is about 320.00 less

I?m not as worried about that, I suppose, as much as shipping. I feel like I saw somewhere that Prime 1 will charge something like $300 whereas SC would be about $100.

The more i look at this piece, the more i think its perfect for a number of reasons. And its perfect because its not trying to look 100% accurate, its perfect because its not trying to re-create a specific scene. Its perfect in the fact that the pose, and the items he comes with looks like something we had to intemperate that was going on off camera and we visually had to imagine. The raw skull/spine could be Billy, or we could use the bag of skulls as the prior crew. The best statues are that which look close enough to source material, but are in an ambiguous display ( but makes sense pose/setting ).

I think this is perfect. I have decided i am going to order, even though i am in the UK and Prime 1 only use paypal. I threw a few things on ebay tonight to sell to cover the initial NRD.

im sold. i think all of us UK blokes need to hold hands as we press purchase on this thing though its scary as hell not knowing the hundreds of unseen costs at the end of the line.

. . . I had the newer Sideshow Maquette but that became an eyesore pretty quickly. I wish Heavy Metal Spike had warned me about all its issues before I ordered it . . .

LMAO :hi5: - you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead :wink1:

. . . I know this P1 piece has some inaccuracies to the film but they are things that I would not notice unless a OCD predator fan pointed it out to me . . .

I don't know about the rest of you - but I honestly don't see a single inaccuracy with this now they've fixed the closed-mandible head and the pouch :dunno

The only things I wasn't keen on were:
  • The skulls on the base
  • The bloody skull/spine
  • The tacky aquarium plants at the front (ones at the back look OK)

Now I know the skulls can go in the sack, and there's multiple hand options, the skulls & bloody spine are not a concern.

Also, having seen this on the PRIME1 site with the backdrops they used made me realise how good this will look in-hand with something similar and perhaps some quality artificial plants in the foreground.

pmdhpr-03dx_b24.jpg

pmdhpr-03dx_b45.jpg

I have decided i am going to order, even though i am in the UK and Prime 1 only use paypal. I threw a few things on ebay tonight to sell to cover the initial NRD.

The price scares me and still not 100% convinced I'll order but just sold a watch which will/would cover half the price LOL!

The price scares me and still not 100% convinced I'll order but just sold a watch which will/would cover half the price LOL!

The price ordering from Prime 1 is cheaper than ordering it here in-land, and it will never cost less than we bought it for. So its not going to be a " loss " money wise. Its very expensive but right now as its just went up for pre order, we can pay like 90 quid a month and at that price you can kind of put it out of your mind and before you know it its paid off as its very low monthly payment. Im actually itching to pre-order it right now its just literally putting money on my paypal is the initial paypal as my paypal isnt linked to my credit card.

edit : ugh, keep trying to embed the " Mrs Doyle go on " gif but the page doesnt load and asks to refresh afterwards >_>

Gwannn, order it ;-)

Last edited:
As a US buyer, is there any benefit buying direct from P1 as opposed to going through Secret Compass? I'm not going to get the skinned corpse--probably going with the DX.

Oh wait, so you can order direct from the US? I?ve never owned a P1 but always thought you weren?t able to. I wonder why I thought that:dunno

Since I've never ordered from PRIME1 OR Secret Compass before, I could do with some advice.

I'm surprised that PRIME1 direct & SC are charging the same prices for both this Jungle Hunter AND the City Hunter. Is that usual for Secret Compass on PRIME1 pieces?

Since the prices are the same, is there ANY advantage to order from one vs. the other?:
  • Would one ship before the other? (what sort of gap?)
  • I'm in Canada - would there be much of a difference in shipping costs for PRIME1 (from Japan) vs. SC (from the USA)?
  • Given the recent Sideshow debacle, could there be any issues getting replacement parts from SC?

Sorry for all the questions but - given all the issues I've previously had with Sideshow - I'm a bit cautious when starting a "relationship" with a new source.

Ian/Spike.

SC gives the following shipping estimates:

1/3 Scale (Prime 1)

Domestic: $35-$50
International: $120-$220

1/2 Scale (Prime 1, Legendary Scale)

Domestic: $50-$80
International: $280-$480

They claim in their FAQ that they will work with the manufacturer on the customer's behalf to sort out any problems with an order. They also told me via email that they'll have additional statues on-hand for these types of situations (as for how many, not sure). The initial NRD is far heftier through them. No formal payment plans, but one can supposedly make additional payments toward a preorder before its release, I'd assume by contacting the store and doing it manually as they please.

Not sure about actual shipping speeds or when they'd get their product in versus everyone else.

SC is an official distributor for P1 now. I'm assuming that's how they can charge the same price. Looks to be that way on their other P1 products.

Their estimated shipping (Sept 2020) is right in the middle of the shipping window P1 quotes. I went with SC hoping the shipping will be cheaper without having the delay of P1's economy shipping. Not sure if it will be. Also chose them so I could use my CC since P1 is PayPal only.

Ian, you also get $200 off the Victim if you order from them direct, which you will not get with SC.

Thanks to each of you for the replies, and honorable mention to Brian, Col & JAWS for making me smile :)

My Son & I have now made the decision to order the Jungle Hunter DX (no interest in the corpse) and the City Hunter REG (no interest in the swapout right arm w/disc).

Still not sure who to get them from though . . .

• Concerns about delays AND shipping cost if ordering direct from PRIME1.
  • Concerns about delays and no points/discount accumulation if ordering from Secret Compass.

Is PRIME1's points system similar to Sideshow's? (basically 5% of purchase price as future credit)

Also, having seen this on the PRIME1 site with the backdrops they used made me realise how good this will look in-hand with something similar and perhaps some quality artificial plants in the foreground.

pmdhpr-03dx_b24.jpg

pmdhpr-03dx_b45.jpg

Yeah I was considering the same thing. If the tree display is too expensive it would still be nice to have some kind of rain forest backdrop behind him for that extra ambience. Even if it's just a poster or something.

I definitely wouldn't want him just in front of a blank wall.

I don't know about the rest of you - but I honestly don't see a single inaccuracy with this now they've fixed the closed-mandible head and the pouch :dunno

Other than the mask, which has way too much texture, sculpted damage that doesn't quite look right and incorrect lenses, I really can't complain about this. Nothing is perfect, but this is probably as good as a statue can be. Maybe fabric netting would be a nice improvement, the thin plastic looks a little cheap. But it speaks volumes that we have so little to actually complain about. Remember those old Sideshow threads? :lol Good times....

Pose is subjective. I wouldn't have chose this pose for this character at all, but it's growing on me, I don't hate it...

Other than the mask, which has way too much texture, sculpted damage that doesn't quite look right and incorrect lenses, I really can't complain about this. Nothing is perfect, but this is probably as good as a statue can be. Maybe fabric netting would be a nice improvement, the thin plastic looks a little cheap. But it speaks volumes that we have so little to actually complain about. Remember those old Sideshow threads? :lol Good times....

Pose is subjective. I wouldn't have chose this pose for this character at all, but it's growing on me, I don't hate it...

Sorry Matt - my bad - I'd noted what you'd said about the bio but I'm not bugged about that.

And yeah - I guess I meant "inaccuracy" in the Sideshow sense - stuff missing, misplaced, sculpted badly, dodgy materials, bad art-direction etc.

Hadn't realised about the netting though - are we SURE it's going to be sculpted not real material?

LMAO :hi5: - you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead :wink1:

:lol

I knew you would like that :)

Ya know.. In hand the Piece looked nice.. But it only looked really good from certain angles.. Some of the repaints and customs out there help but the masked portrait head just looked bigger and bigger with each passing day :lol :lol

I don't see anything either.. I have been doing comparison shots and this thing looks great and very accurate IMO.. But I have read a few OCD predator post and assumed they knew what they were talking about.. :)

The only things I wasn't keen on were:
  • The skulls on the base
  • The bloody skull/spine
  • The tacky aquarium plants at the front (ones at the back look OK)

Now I know the skulls can go in the sack, and there's multiple hand options, the skulls & bloody spine are not a concern.

Why didn't you like the skulls on the base??? I love that look.

I see you are getting it!!

Funny that you and your son made the decision... Same thing happened at this house. My oldest likes it and that is who it is going to when I no longer walk this earth.

Back