Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Worldbox AT011 came in and while it's a better body It doesn't change much as far as how the stock clothes lay. I needed to do some surgery to get the head to sit at a proper level. Cut some of the neck adapter off and removed all of the glue inside the sculpt.
20220514_182019.jpg

Color match isn't exact but not too bad either. Looks decent without the jacket as well.
20220514_182104.jpg
20220514_182508.jpg

When you put the stock coat on it looses some neck. Granted I didn't fuzz very much and the stock jacket will do the trick if that's what you have. First pic is with the Present Toys Jacket and the second is with the Rise Customs leather jacket. Sorry as I know my photos are a$$ but hopefully they help someone.
20220514_185019.jpg

20220514_185815.jpg

I'm not messing with attaching the boots yet. I feel that will be a pain.

Loose parts from this figure are fetching absurdly high prices on Ebay. People are going nuts with the bidding.

I saw that! Over 200.00 for the neutral headsculp is nuts.
--

Why the astonishment and surprise?

We should not have or give zero ***** about the buying/spending mentality of collectors whether they're knowledgeable or don't know jack about whatever. Offering any guidance to them is a futile effort and waste of time.

Let them experience and learn the hard way while we simply observe the hilarity and idiocy that follows.

My Worldbox AT011 came in and while it's a better body It doesn't change much as far as how the stock clothes lay. I needed to do some surgery to get the head to sit at a proper level. Cut some of the neck adapter off and removed all of the glue inside the sculpt.
View attachment 577086

Color match isn't exact but not too bad either. Looks decent without the jacket as well.
View attachment 577087View attachment 577088

When you put the stock coat on it looses some neck. Granted I didn't fuzz very much and the stock jacket will do the trick if that's what you have. First pic is with the Present Toys Jacket and the second is with the Rise Customs leather jacket. Sorry as I know my photos are a$$ but hopefully they help someone.View attachment 577089

View attachment 577090

I'm not messing with attaching the boots yet. I feel that will be a pain.
Looks good, What did the Rise Customs jacket cost?

Did you replace the SSC TOD head with the Present Toys head? I don't have the Present Toys in hand yet, but the SSC TOD (despite somewhat sub-HT paint apps) to me is one of the best Indy likenesses in 1/6 whereas the non-grin Present Toys likeness is decent, but not as close, at least in pics so far.
Actually everything here is the Present Toys figure except the shirt and pants.

I really love the head sculpt, I think it's the strongest part of the set. You may be surprised what you think when you get it in hand.

Looks good, What did the Rise Customs jacket cost?
The Rise Customs jacket was $180 for the second run. I can’t remember how much it was for the first run but I know it was cheaper and can’t remember if the 3rd run was more expensive. However, he mentioned the 3rd run would be the last one, so you can’t get it anymore unless someone is selling theirs. It’s a real leather jacket which is nice and a good enough upgrade from what’s come before for most people probably without going the Uber expensive route. It works best on the TTM19 type bodies since that’s what it was tailored for.

Last edited:
--

Nothing like cost steadily going up to salvage a mediocre figure where the end result may not necessarily be 100% perfection to some.
Yeah, it's some thing else. My plan was too clobber together another Indy after collecting bits here and there. That in it'self has be costly in time for sure. The end result will probably just be map room Indy for me.

Got mine today , overall I think it's a nice set. I have a custom gun/belt holster and whip for it and plan to weather the jacket as well. I wanted to switch bodies but after what I have read I may hold off on that.

I received mine from OSK on Thursday.

On Saturday, I removed it from the shipping box. OSK packed it very securely and well using bubble wrap and plastic box corner protector tabs. It arrived flawlessly. The box for the figure is wrapped in plastic.

As of this post, I've yet to open it.

No. I'm not having second thoughts or lost interest. I go through this with virtually every new boxed figure. Hesitation and restlessness.

No. I'm not going to sell it. However, given the mania for the figure as well as the pricing for the loose parts I admit it's tempting short of some collector with money to burn and lack of common sense offering me $###.## shipped within the US. Even then, I'm not certain. I'm one of "those collectors" that annoys the heck out of other collectors.

I'm going to sleep on it and probably spend Sunday afternoon taking pictures of it. It'll be nothing new that others have not already done.

Out of curiosity, I searched eBay under PRESENT TOYS RAIDER JONES.

Less than a half-dozen "brand new" MIB/NRFB listings ranging from $329.99 USD to $333.00 USD.

I thought there would be more unless they're under different names than what they're supposed to be (PRESENT TOYS RAIDER JONES).

Looks good! How dis you go about weathering it?
First I used a leather cream all over to soften the leather, once it started to soften it was sprayed with Isopropyl then began creasing the jacket crunching it. Rubbed it lightly with a 1000 grit sanding stick. Then with a sand coloured pastel dipped a brush in the Isopropyl then wet the pastel stick and brushed it all over the jacket. When dry it leaves a chalky look all over, rub in with a soft cloth to leave a dusty appearance , used the brush and pastel on the hat too. For the pants same technique but used a dark brown.

First I used a leather cream all over to soften the leather, once it started to soften it was sprayed with Isopropyl then began creasing the jacket crunching it. Rubbed it lightly with a 1000 grit sanding stick. Then with a sand coloured pastel dipped a brush in the Isopropyl then wet the pastel stick and brushed it all over the jacket. When dry it leaves a chalky look all over, rub in with a soft cloth to leave a dusty appearance , used the brush and pastel on the hat too. For the pants same technique but used a dark brown.
--

You need to solicit your expertise/services to those with no inclination and/or skill to do it themselves, but will pay someone to do it for them.

Perhaps charge $99.99 USD to $149.99 USD or more for your skills, time, and materials?

Back