Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly not no though I can only speak from the pieces I own from them.
Ah, okay. My bad. I noticed you upvoting all the posts giving these figures a positive spin, and you said "but present did confirm they are currently using blitzway pack as a place holder while they do theirs" so I assumed you may have their ear (as you've hinted with other companies) and would know if there's any chance they'll update the sculpts etc. I really want to see their final products.

Especially seeing as they responded to feedback on Edward S and showed a new sculpt. If people don't settle for these, they may do it again.

Ah, okay. My bad. I noticed you upvoting all the posts giving these figures a positive spin, and you said "but present did confirm they are currently using blitzway pack as a place holder while they do theirs" so I assumed you may have their ear (as you've hinted with other companies) and would know if there's any chance they'll update the sculpts etc. I really want to see their final products.

Especially seeing as they responded to feedback on Edward S and showed a new sculpt. If people don't settle for these, they may do it again.
I try to be positive when comes to stuff unless it's utter trash like most redman stuff. So big breda said in a live stream so that was the source I had for the packs being place holders.

Tbf I reckon they might improve them but atm just gotta see what happens. I don't think the tailoring we have much to worried about but I guess we'll see.

Seems like people are saying it a copy of the BW ones?
Don’t think so. I’ve mentioned a few times that I think the suit and all the accessories in the promo pics are BW. When I compare to my full set, they look identical.

This certainly seems to be a whole new era of iconic major franchise characters being produced to premium quality (or very close to it)... completely unlicensed. With only a silly generic figure name as protection? Who knew it was so easy to get away with it. :rotfl

You really wonder how on earth this can happen - you make a fig that's 1000% clearly Indy or a GB down to the tiniest facial feature and outfit detail, even copyrighted logos like the GB symbol, but call it something generic and there's nothing the copyright holder can do?

Licensed companies who have paid hundreds of thousands (millions?) for licenses must be sooo frustrated/angered by this. HT pays Universal for a BTTF license, but then out comes a "outta time kid" or whatever that recent Marty was called (which appears close to HT quality, despite an imo derpy head)... without PT paying a dime.

Some say it because it's Asia/China (ie an American company could never get away with producing these figures) and copyright is sort of unenforceable but you wonder why Asia-based HT bothers getting licenses if that's true.
Its fear, and the lack there of, that kinda thing is considered contagious by example and needs to be stamped out but who has a boot big enough lol .

FB_IMG_1680677228815.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677221034.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677217582.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677214586.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677092024.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677088880.jpg
FB_IMG_1680677075380.jpg

Present Ghostbusters Peter Venkman 0.jpg

PRESENT TOYS New Product: 1:6 collectible toy – Ghost hunting squad V

PRESENT TOYS is proud to release a new product: 1:6 collectible toy –Ghost hunting squad V.

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad V
Product Number: PT-sp57
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2Head sculpture .
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster .
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Estimate release date 2023 4th - 2024 1st quarter
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

Shipping date: 4th quarter of 2023 - 1st quarter of 2024
(subject to the actual shipping time of the manufacturer.)

Present Ghostbusters Winston Zeddemore 0.jpg

PRESENT TOYS New Product: 1:6 collectible toy – Ghost hunting squad Z

PRESENT TOYS is proud to release a new product: 1:6 collectible toy –Ghost hunting squad Z.

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad Z
Product Number: PT-sp58
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2Head sculpture .
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster .
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Estimate release date 2023 4th - 2024 1st quarter
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

Looks pretty bad, but not hopeless. Do Present Toys products usually match their prototype?

Looks pretty bad, but not hopeless. Do Present Toys products usually match their prototype?

They're usually as bad as the prototype, if not worse. :monkey3

At least there's no leather on these for them to mess up.

The sculpts feel like a cross between the movie and the cartoon series, and yet Winston still looks better than Blitzway's attempt.

I might get a set, though I don't really need them, as it'll be interesting to compare to the originals.

Wonder if they'll be making Slimer?

(There was an error in the original specs on the BBICN announcement which confused people: it quoted one head sculpt per set, but that's since been amended to two).

Back