Prequel viewings question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a dead horse when i am specifically asking about THEATER viewings and viewings thereafter. Or maybe it is, and i just don't pay enough attention to the SW threads.:monkey1 :dunno

The specific question is irrelevant when at its core it's just another PT bashing because they're not the OT.

Which did you prefer as a villain, Darth Maul or Darth Vader?
Who was the stronger heroine, Padme or Leia?
Who was cooler, Mace Windu or Lando?
Who was more loveable :)slap), Jar Jar or those wonderfully cutesy ewoks?

The specific question is merely a bread crumb that leads to digging up the long ago dead horse and submitting him to more merciless beatings-- but to each their own.

I would be shocked to hear that you weren't the only one. The idea that there could be more than one is ridiculous. It's so glaringly self-evident that I'm surprised that you even had to ask. Everyone loves the prequels, except for you.

He's not alone...they stink..but I will still watch if they are on TV..some start to grow on me...but I dont even consider them in the same class as the OT. I do own them on DVD but have yet to watch them since buying them on DVD.

There are elements of both that I really like and watching the pt can be great
Can you really say you don't like the duel of the fates? Or jango vs obi?
Or the wonderful stupidy if the Jedi in their treatment of anakin?

I never saw the prequels in the theater because they looked so awful. and i was right each one was craptacular once i got around to seeing it.

I have but havent watched AOTC or TPM in many years, I think since 2005 (right before ROTS). I do watch ROTS every once in awhile, it has the feel of a real SW movie and love the opening 20 minute battle where Lucas almost got the "swashbucking" feel of the original 3 with Anakin and Obi-Wan finally behaving like two inseperable friends.

However, if I do want to watch SW, usually its ANH or Empire. Jedi is watched every once in awhile (usually with scene selection to get past the ____ing Ewoks and get to Luke/Vader/Emporer scenes). ANH and Empire ARE SW to me and will never get sick of them

I can't watch the PT for the same reason can't watch KOTCS. They are a disgrace to the films that came before them and are filled with so many missed opportunities and bad decisions it makes my stomach churn.

sigh...

:horse

I'm old school having watched all of the originals upon their original release dates in the theatre-- and obviously I loved them (and still do-- just ask my bank account). When the prequels were announced I was uber excited and I ended up seeing TPM eight times in the theatre-- I also saw the other two prequels multiple times and I own all of the dvd's. In fact, if there's nothing on and SPIKE tv are showing them I'll invariably leave it on. Now how can this be?... I didn't watch the PT (and I still don't) with the same eyes that I saw the OT with-- I left high expectations outside the theatre and watched them as a separate entity. Those that attempt to compare the PT to the OT are always going to find failure-- Stop being Sisyphus and choose to either enjoy or not to enjoy-- There is no try to enjoy. :cuckoo: :rotfl
The specific question is irrelevant when at its core it's just another PT bashing because they're not the OT.

The specific question is merely a bread crumb that leads to digging up the long ago dead horse and submitting him to more merciless beatings-- but to each their own.

:lecture:lecture:lecture It's ____ing Star Wars. Nothing else needs to be said. :lol

I love it when i warrant responses from wannabe intellectual board members that think they've mastered clever wordplay.:lol

IronyMeterSplode.jpg

Last edited:

Just because I can, I'm answering these questions four.

Vader
Leia
Lando
Both need to be killed slowly, perferably roasted over a fire. The way I see it, I think the empire may have done that with a few ewoks.

To answer the orginal question, yes I have seen the PT more then just my theather visit. Maybe, and I hate to say it, not as much as I'd even like to since I still don't own the first two on DVD.

But I personally think in the end, no matter which of them your talking about there is no perfect SW movie. Given I love Empire and its most likely one of my all time favoriate movies, but some of you have to agree that there are a few scenes in it that tend to be a bit boring.

And I agree with Nam the most, its all Star Wars in the end.

I love it when i warrant responses from wannabe intellectual board members that think they've mastered clever wordplay.:lol

Not sure what was supposed to be clever about it. It was pretty low hanging fruit if you ask me. (One man's intellectual, I suppose...)

But, it did a fine job of highlighting how disingenous was your feigned innocence in starting a thread that any member with over 1000 posts should know is a subject that has more milage and baggage than any other topic of Star Wars internet discussion.

He's not alone...they stink..but I will still watch if they are on TV..some start to grow on me...but I dont even consider them in the same class as the OT. I do own them on DVD but have yet to watch them since buying them on DVD.

So glad you're here to tell us these things. You want Chewie to plug you into the hyperdrive?

my question is: "is there any one board member here that gets so bored about once every month that they feel the need to start yet another thread about prequel bashing?" i'm just wondering if there is anybody here like that, that's all.:huh

So glad you're here to tell us these things. You want Chewie to plug you into the hyperdrive?[/QUOTE]

If it means getting away from your comments..then sure Chewie..plug me in

Not a big Star Wars fan.

As on outsider, here are my thoughts:

If I sit down to watch any of the movies again it will be 2 movies in this order:

1) ROTS
2) ROTJ

The only part of the universe that I really find compelling is the fall and redemption of Anikin story.

The rest is just creatures and politics to me. *runs and hides*

i think the prequels had a lot of heart... it was just surrounded by a lot of fat and blockage of the valves.

Not a big Star Wars fan.

As on outsider, here are my thoughts:

If I sit down to watch any of the movies again it will be 2 movies in this order:

1) ROTS
2) ROTJ

The only part of the universe that I really find compelling is the fall and redemption of Anikin story.

The rest is just creatures and politics to me. *runs and hides*

Well creatures and politics basically describes the PT. But the OT is so much more, it has heart and soul.

Back