Preorder to delivery time shortening?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
With so many items coming up for preorder this month I am noticing something. Almost everything is being projected as 4th Quarter 2011. We're already in the 3rd Quarter. So conservatively thats 6 months.

Also recently in certain announcements I have notice comments from people in the know that what we are seeing is production samples rather than prototypes.

Historically, new products from Sideshow that I have been familiar with have taken longer than 9-12 months to be completed.

So has something change? Was SSC holding back announcements until further down the process? Is SSC being optimistic about delivery times?

Just a bit pleasantly surprised in the turn around time, but I guess it still needs to be seen to be believed.

They may be overestimating, the HT iron Man V was due in 3rd QTR and that as been delayed to october, so its likely some on the 4th QTR items will be delayed.

I'm hoping this new slew of announcement and earlier production is because of comic-con and in the future there will be some breathing room between products.

Back