Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont get the first picture shakes Wor, seen the picture panic many times….Looks like they delivered on the prodution.

I'm happy with it, it's a good start to making a max for anyone that doesn't have any parts for one like me, it looks like the prototype and that's what I pre-ordered, so that's what I'm getting lol, already knew the head wasn't going to be good so I ordered a replacement from FRWL

Meh, Too many people thinking a 3rd party figure should have Yunsil level accuracy.

This is CHEAP , and because its cheap its gonna have inaccuracies.

We went through this song and dance with the VTS leg braces and do not even get me started on the BW Ghostbusters nitpick clan.

Question is, did Premier deliver a production piece that matches what the proto showed? To me , YES. They are not asmus and never promised to fix any nitpick anyone had.

Looks pretty good to me. The overall paint app is obviously going to be subpar to the proto, they always are (looking at you BW)

Yes, it looks like Premier delivered on their promise, barring something odd with the shoulder armour, which might only be down to poor assembly.

They didn't do what others have done, and posted photos of a custom as their own prototype.

Anyone who preordered seems to be getting what they signed up for.

Dont get the first picture shakes Wor, seen the picture panic many times….Looks like they delivered on the prodution.

I agree, and said as much earlier on... but I'd still like to get a better look at the overall. I'm pretty sure I'm getting this. At this point just curious about the details.

I agree, and said as much earlier on... but I'd still like to get a better look at the overall. I'm pretty sure I'm getting this. At this point just curious about the details.

Accuracy is also part of the fun of collecting or building figures. It adds an extra level when things are just right.

For me it's more critical for historical figures, and dictates whether I buy something or not, whereas with fictional/fantasy characters there can be more leeway because the figure is selling an idea rather than a reality.

It's a pity that the shoulder pad is smaller than it should be, but from what I 've seen so far
it's very close to the proto, I am not expecting 100% custom accuracy.
My main concern is with the size of the hs, either the body has a very wide torso (easily fixed with a body change),
or the head seems a little on the squashed side.

Photos by KG Hobby:

pt0.jpg
pt1.jpg
pt2.jpg
pt3.jpg
pt4.jpg

The sculpt doesn't like being photographed close up!

It's also another figure missing the strap from the shoulder armour.

Why do some companies persist in plastering their made up character names (or movie titles as with Supermad Toys) on the bases? At least Present put 'Mad Max' on theirs.

The sculpt doesn't look crazy bad, I think could do with some paint touch up.

I'm gutted I sold my cultking sculpt as I had no use, however felt it was oversized, perks of this you won't have to wait till end of 2022 for a max.

Anyone know if the leg brace on this is metal or plastic? Hoping metal! 😬😬

The sculpt doesn't look crazy bad, I think could do with some paint touch up.

In every case it looks better in the more distant shots. The quick retailer unboxing photos up close often do more harm than good for confidence in the product.

Anyone know if the leg brace on this is metal or plastic? Hoping metal! 😬😬

Both the specs and the final prototype photo stated "metal leg", so it probably is.

Premier Toys Mad Max (17).jpg

Hi guys , if anyone is interested I have a spare Iris tailored Road Warrior outfit available with the metal zip from the most recent run. In my humble opinion, it's the best outfit available in 1/6 for the Road Warrior. It's brand new and I also have the belt with accessories plus Cult King Road Fighter head. Please PM me for details. Thanks.

I think the sculpt works. I can definitely see the "Mel - Max" there. A repaint will really make it shine, I'm sure. I already have a replacement body for it, so I'm good there. The rest of the stuff looks ok. I'm glad I pre-ordered it.

Hi guys , if anyone is interested I have a spare Iris tailored Road Warrior outfit available with the metal zip from the most recent run. In my humble opinion, it's the best outfit available in 1/6 for the Road Warrior. It's brand new and I also have the belt with accessories plus Cult King Road Fighter head. Please PM me for details. Thanks.

Would love to see some pictures.

I bought some of the parted out stuff, like the hydrant spanner and hatchet. Been looking for the right sort of spanner and hatchet for ages, so this figure being parted out is a god send.

Btw the dog in this set looks pretty good.

While I never had any big expectations for this figure - as the first release from a small 3rd party maker - the head sculpt looks a little better than I expected. However, the paint apps are terrible and mostly ruin whatever attributes are in that sculpt.

I'm more concerned about the fit of the outfit that looks oversized in some photos. The hips look narrow, or the pants are too baggy, but something is just off there. I don't want a "high end" Hasbro/Barbie figure, so if the clothes are not tailored well then this is a complete right off. Without a good outfit there aren't enough usable parts to make this even worth customizing.

What I liked about the VTS Wasteland Ranger was that the outfit fit well and everything was of a fairly high quality. That figure suffered from a negligible sculpt - which is to be expected from small companies - but everything else came together really well and made the figure feel substantial and legit in hand. For a cheap figure it just impressive when I first took it out of the box and felt comparable to what I'd get in a more expensive figure from a bigger company. I'm hoping for some of the same for this Premier Max and maybe some more photos or video reviews will help in that decision.

Back