Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not be at the level of Hot Toys but I think it will work out fine, at least as an initial starting point, if anything.

Looking forward to seeing it in-hand.

From the more distant shots it looks like it's close to the proto photos.

Up close the shoulder armour is evidently missing the strap that secures it to the under plate.

The holster should be black, and I think there should only be one leg strap:

Max Max Road Warrior3.jpg

The plan was to mix and match this with Present figure, which may also have more accurate shoulder armour, if it can be safely removed and futzed into the correct position.

Also, shouldn't his boot knife be inside his boot rather than outside?

boot-knife.jpg

Premier gave him something that looks more like a bayonet, whereas Present's looks like it could be the correct Gerber Mark II.

Gerber Mark II.jpg

I seldom take pictures right now as I am blocked in Hong Kong while we are shipping directly from China, I don’t have a chance to touch all figures.. I am a poor photographer thus I found it really hard to train my colleague to take better pictures… hopefully we can take more on hand pictures the coming year if the border between Hk and China open up

Really appreciate the pictures, thank you!!!

Honestly, looks very similar to the proto to me so at least Premier didn't break their promise. I'll have to see more pictures of course but I think this might work for me -- I have a ton of stuff collected over many years to upgrade this with.

The only things that jump out at me is how long that "ax" is -- might be the angle of the camera though -- and of course that 1/8th scale shoulder pad.

A big thanks to Kit for posting the pics!

I still think this figure is the best looking out of the last 3 figures we saw. I’ll be sticking with my purchase. I’ll definitely be making some improvements to this one though..

Yeah, I was re-looking at the three figures...

The Present Toys may have a more accurate outfit (sort of) BUT the materials used on the proto look really cheap. And NO DOG!

The Dark Toys figure looks almost like a bash as so many parts are out of scale -- but some of the parts are the best. Also comes with the dog... AND two heads.

This Premier figure still looks to be using the best materials for the base outfit and good parts. It's not ideal, but looks to be the BEST starting off point of the three protos.

Issues with Premier: Just off first glance, you'll need to replace the holster, the shoulder strap and the shoulder pad at the very least. Likely the boots and knee pad too. I think the rest can be worked on/futzed.

The holster should be black, and I think there should only be one leg strap:

It should be black but it does have two straps, at least when Mel ties them both. And the holster should sit much further down the thigh than it does on this figure.

And agreed on the knife, the one here is totally wrong. But that's an easy fix getting the right knife.

roadwarrior19.jpg

mad-max-2-the-road-warrior-australien-1981-aka-mad-max-2-der-vollstrecker-enpa99.jpg

It should be black but it does have two straps, at least when Mel ties them both.

That's something.

I think I spotted the second strap in the photo. The upper one goes down diagonally and meets the lower horizontal one.

And agreed on the knife, the one here is totally wrong. But that's an easy fix getting the right knife.

It looks like the scabbard is tied to his leg, and not fixed to the outside of the boot, so that should be an easy fix.

Premier Toys Mad Max (6).jpg

Kit Chen said:

I don't know what they did with his shoulder pad since the proto, or if it just isn't strapped on at all.

On the Present Toys it changes from shot to shot, but looks like it can be strapped tighter to draw it over his shoulder.

Overall the Premier is looking like a good base, and probably the best sculpt of the three contenders. The straps could no doubt be painted with acrylics, or eventually swapped with Present's.

I'm glad you guys are pointing out the inaccuracies in the outfit, it helps.

I have such a hard time trying to see all of the inaccuracies in Max's outfit compared to someone like Indy where I feel like I can spot out inaccuracies easier.

The brown holster was the first thing I noticed that was wrong. I'm now trying to figure out what I'm going to have to replace with parts from the other two Max's.

What's wrong with this jacket that the others do better? Let me guess, is it too long? :)
Lol no the zippers are inaccurate and it's also missing the zipper on the sleeve. Geewhiz got it accurate on their set and so did Iris and yunsil. So technically present toys and Dark toys got the outfit right even if the figures themselves are recasts of artists.

Last edited:
So technically present toys and Dark toys got the outfit right even if the figures themselves are recasts of artists.

You're right, Dark Toys and Present have nice big white colored zippers with large pull-tabs. :lol

I'll admit, I missed that detail on the Premier... but its not something any of them did well. I think I'd prefer to NOT have the any zipper rather than have ridiculously over-sized or white zippers on the one sleeve.

Did Yunsil do the outfit for Denny/Cult King/Iminime's Max?

You're right, Dark Toys and Present have nice big white colored zippers with large pull-tabs. :lol

I'll admit, I missed that detail on the Premier... but its not something any of them did well. I think I'd prefer to NOT have the any zipper rather than have ridiculously over-sized or white zippers on the one sleeve.
It's mostly because they are copying outfits that are better made. Iris recent set has new metal zippers that makes the set look better over the first set she did with clear white/gray zippers. Lol doing sculpted non working zippers for the pockets would make more sense as they would be better scaled Imo.

It's mostly because they are copying outfits that are better made. Iris recent set has new metal zippers that makes the set look better over the first set she did with clear white/gray zippers. Lol doing sculpted non working zippers for the pockets would make more sense as they would be better scaled Imo.

Did Yunsil do the outfit for Denny/Cult King/Iminime's Max?

No that was Iris, yunsil did it for Scott Petterson run. So present is based on Scott's run and Dark Toys is based on Iminime/Cult King run.

Ah, OK, thank you for straightening me out.

I don't have high hopes Dark Toys or Present Toys will do as nice a job as those older projects.

For me, I really hate the look of the Present Toys leather outfit. And there's not dog.

I have more hope for Dark Toys. But whoever gets all three figures will have all the parts to chose from.

Ah, OK, thank you for straightening me out.

I don't have high hopes Dark Toys or Present Toys will do as nice a job as those older projects.

For me, I really hate the look of the Present Toys leather outfit. And there's not dog.

I have more hope for Dark Toys. But whoever gets all three figures will have all the parts to chose from.
I also have fear those figures won't turn out well enough. I kinda wish VTS did a RW Max I feel they would have done a better/decent job over what we are getting. Maybe one day more 3rd party companies can put out more RW Max figures.

I also have fear those figures won't turn out well enough. I kinda wish VTS did a RW Max I feel they would have done a better/decent job over what we are getting. Maybe one day more 3rd party companies can put out more RW Max figures.

True... but its pretty amazing after so many years, 20+, that we're now getting THREE all within a relatively close span.

I have a ton of parts already collected over the years, as I'm sure you do too, so for collectors like us who have a head start, this is a great way to finish.

Meh, Too many people thinking a 3rd party figure should have Yunsil level accuracy.

This is CHEAP , and because its cheap its gonna have inaccuracies.

We went through this song and dance with the VTS leg braces and do not even get me started on the BW Ghostbusters nitpick clan.

Question is, did Premier deliver a production piece that matches what the proto showed? To me , YES. They are not asmus and never promised to fix any nitpick anyone had.

Looks pretty good to me. The overall paint app is obviously going to be subpar to the proto, they always are (looking at you BW)

Back