Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some of the parted out stuff, like the hydrant spanner and hatchet. Been looking for the right sort of spanner and hatchet for ages, so this figure being parted out is a god send.

Btw the dog in this set looks pretty good.

Yeah, this is the only set with those unique bits so I grabbed them too. The leg brace also seems to be the best of the 3 and the dog looks okay.

But the rest of this set isn’t really to my liking. I’m sure it can be improved though with some custom tlc.

That hair? I hope its jusf bad photography showing off the highlights rather then the actual color….

Either way its an easy painting fix…but if its really that blond….WTH were they thinking!!!!!

I cannot imagine they missed the comor that bad.

I had a similar thought but it sure looks like the leg brace is molded to the boot. And I don't like the boot.

Might have to wait on Dark Toys for a leg brace. Or get Dmitry to do another run.

It might be glued on but if it’s metal I doubt the boot is too. ;)
The Dark Toys one might be plastic.

I don’t have one in front of me to be “sure” but it’s listed as metal in both the product and eBay listings. :huh
The Present brace looks flimsy and I’d wager the dark toys one isn’t metal.

I need a starter figure so I ordered this. I have always wanted a Mel Max in my collection...could never affort the custom route so... I will enjoy improving and modding this when it ships from kgh. I had some points and $20 off was just too hard to pass up.

That hair? I hope its jusf bad photography showing off the highlights rather then the actual color….

Either way its an easy painting fix…but if its really that blond….WTH were they thinking!!!!!

I cannot imagine they missed the comor that bad.

The difference between Kit's photos...

Premier Mad Max in hand 3.jpeg

and KGH's...

Premier Mad Max in hand 4.jpg

...is so vast that people are freaking out on KGH's Facebook and making fun of his blonde locks.

KGH really shouldn't have posted those pictures, as they make the sculpt look like it belongs on a $20 semi-articulated Hasbro figure. It's the sort of own goal that could initiate a mass call for refunds!

My parcel from Kit is moving at normal, if not a little faster than recent 4PX speed at the moment. I'm looking forward to finally having a Mel Max in the collection.

The funny thing is that the bottom camera flash pic looks more like Mel than the top one.

The eyes are what are hurting the sculpt the most. They look too big and remind me of the Executive Replicas Commander Bowman figure's eyes. (Ok, not that bad...)

Mine is moving through the shipment route as well. 4PX speed really does make a difference.

Flash is not too kind to any plastic hs...this is no exception. They (KG hobby) did the same thing with Clouseau--sketchy quick video--The figure looked miles better in hand...

I like that the beard is light and the leather goods un-weathered--that way I can do the work to my desired effects

I've been checking the Chinese BBICN forum for any early unboxings.

Nothing yet, but then it dawned on me: they're afraid of the pleather so didn't buy him.

A check back at the announcement thread on that forum shows that almost every single post over the three pages was to express concern over the 'leather'.

Well BBICN members will be skipping Catwoman 2.0 too then...I have plenty of pleather figures dating back to 2010 all are fine...it comes down to displaying conditions/environment and how you handle these figures etc.

Well BBICN members will be skipping Catwoman 2.0 too then...I have plenty of pleather figures dating back to 2010 all are fine...it comes down to displaying conditions/environment and how you handle these figures etc.

Being a Chinese language forum I presume that most users are from that region. They have a morbid dread of pleather, or else resign themselves to enjoying a figure for a few months before it disintegrates. 💀

I haven't had much problem with pleather either. Figures that are prone are kept in the main collection room where humidity is regulated, and there's no natural light - only LED lamps.

Any problems I did have was from not storing a coat properly in the early days of collecting, and from getting a paper thin pleather jacket caught in its own zip.

The funny thing is that the bottom camera flash pic looks more like Mel than the top one.

The eyes are what are hurting the sculpt the most. They look too big and remind me of the Executive Replicas Commander Bowman figure's eyes. (Ok, not that bad...)

Mine is moving through the shipment route as well. 4PX speed really does make a difference.
1640117732052.jpeg

I'm planning on sending this back to Kit but before I get it wanted to know if anyone wanted to buy it sealed? asking for what I paid and shipping would be free in the US. Pm me soon because once it comes I'll have the postman take it back.

Back