Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this turns out well it will be a great base for a custom Max, and about damn time too. I'll be taking the risk on this one.

The elbow articulation in these pics are different, which body will we actually get? :unsure:

Good point.

Half the pictures are single bend and the other half double bend.

An odd way to promote a new figure.

Here are the specs:

The 1/6th scale Wasteland Gladiator Collectible Figure features:
- Highly realistic detailed head sculpt
- Dark brown colored short hair sculpture
- Head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- 5 (5) pieces of interchangeable hands (left and right with glove) including:
- One (1) pair of open hands with glove
- One (1) right gun holding hand
- One (1) right open hand
- One (1) left knife holding hand

Costume:
- One (1) black-colored jacket with pauldron
- One (1) black undershirt
- One (1) pair of black colored pants with knee pad
- One (1) belt with shoulder strap
- One (1) pair of black colored boots with one metal leg brace

Weapons:
- One (1) sawn-off double barrel shotgun
- Two (2) shotgun shells
- One (1) boot knife with sheath strap

Accessories:
- One (1) Australian cattle dog
- One (1) adjustable wrench
- One (1) hydrant spanner
- One (1) hatchet
- One (1) pair of binoculars
- Figure stand

Well, I know what I'm watching today. lol

Growing up I got the sense that there was something off-kilter about Australian films. There was an otherworldly bleakness, but then I was influenced mainly by Walkabout, The Cars That Ate Paris, Mad Max and Razorback.

Mad Max was particularly bleak and gritty.

Notice that Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Studio's creative/art director and master painter ordered one of these figures from a certain Hong Kong seller?

Just a fan, or researching the competition in preparation for another entry in their own 'Action Figure Deluxe' range? :unsure:

Since this is figure PT-0001, I'd say its their first...

But I'm so excited to see this. Finally a complete Mad Max! I have been collecting parts for a Road Warrior for 20 years and have just about everything except a head sculpt that I like.

As I posted in the other thread, I have a good feeling that 3rd partiers might finally get around to that John McClane figure we've been waiting for -- another one I've got all the parts for and just never have put together.

Finally!! At the very least, this will be a great starting point for a Road Warrior figure. Not liking the head sculpt but it hopefully will be tweaked and/or we get a custom one becoming available. So excited for this release!

If this turns out well it will be a great base for a custom Max, and about damn time too. I'll be taking the risk on this one.

Agree 100%.

Incoming figure that's gonna flake from head to toe. Great looking figure but yeah this is a risky one to take.

I have pleather that's years old and still as good as new.

Keep it out of sunlight, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight.

You can probably ignore the last one, but it's all about ultraviolet light, heat and humidity.

Got my order in at KGHobby. A scratchbuilt V8 Inteceptor is now looking likely. As i don't have to worry about any working gadgets or even a good paint finish, it should be a quick build.

I'm hesitant to pre-order something from an unknown company, because who knows what the final product will look like vs. the prototype (remember Molecule8)? But if it comes close, this will be fantastic and something I would definitely be interested in for the outfit and dog alone.

Headsculpt is pretty bad, but I'm sure a custom could be sourced.

I agree, but I've seen better than this. The ones from Scott Petterson and Iminime, for example. But maybe this release will persuade someone else to give it a shot?

I would buy a Mad Max figure for my collection, just not this one. HS is terrible and I am also worried about how these accessories will age.

Hopefully this will be the first of many new Max figures to come, all with plusses and minuses. Will still most likely end up cobbling things together (like my Tom Hardy Max, which looks great now)

Back