Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing Berserker emerge through the trees:

B9137C06-CBEC-4811-ADE4-BFB5F038AC08.jpg

6C3CFCE6-5535-4388-89A9-DD490659BC66.jpeg

So, I want to add a Hot Toys Predator to my collection, preferably one that looks like the Jungle Hunter. Does anyone know if Hot Toys have given any subtle hints that there might be a Predator(1987) 2.0 figure in the foreseeable future? Or would it be best to try and track down this Classic version from Predators?

None.

I’d just get this one. Even if they do eventually release an official JH 2.0 (I say official because I’m starting to believe this was intended to be it by them including the clean mask), he’s still a cool Predator on his own in my opinion. Just put his BD mask on and he looks great paired with Berserker to represent “Predators”.

None.

I’d just get this one. Even if they do eventually release an official JH 2.0 (I say official because I’m starting to believe this was intended to be it by them including the clean mask), he’s still a cool Predator on his own in my opinion. Just put his BD mask on and he looks great paired with Berserker to represent “Predators”.

Thank you for the advice! It could very well be the case that this is HT idea of JH 2.0. I'll keep my eyes open for one of these then. :duff

Yeah I'm suddenly wanting to pick one of these up too. It still looks to me like the upper body is a bit leaner than it should be, and that he's missing the bulk he had in the first movie, but I think now I could probably live with that.

As for the new movie, looks like I made the right call to avoid it completely. Even the second movie that people seem to like is still pretty awful in my view, so I'm sure I would like this one even less. Probably won't even bother watching on Blu-ray.

The one thing the new movie did right, was that it made me want to watch the original Predator film rightaway. Watching the original again (it had been a while) after the abomination that is The Predator, made me feel a whole new appreciation for the original and it rekindled the love I have for the film and the creature. Hence why I want to add a worthy Predator to my collection now.

The original is amazing. Just a simple plot...perfect environment...
I don’t know why they just don’t go full Force Awakens and just do a do over of the classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice! It could very well be the case that this is HT idea of JH 2.0. I'll keep my eyes open for one of these then. :duff

No problem. :duff

Yeah I'm suddenly wanting to pick one of these up too. It still looks to me like the upper body is a bit leaner than it should be, and that he's missing the bulk he had in the first movie, but I think now I could probably live with that.

As for the new movie, looks like I made the right call to avoid it completely. Even the second movie that people seem to like is still pretty awful in my view, so I'm sure I would like this one even less. Probably won't even bother watching on Blu-ray.

Yeah, I really like this figure. I recently put the clean mask on mine after having the BD mask on for so long, so that way he sort of represents both the original JH and the actual Classic Predator in Predators.

If you can somehow track down a parted out jungle dio base that came with the original JH figure, this figure looks really good on it.

The original is amazing. Just a simple plot...perfect environment...
I don’t know why they just don’t go full Force Awakens and just do a do over of the classic.

They kind of did with Predators. Tried to essentially follow the same beats as the original, but still wasn’t as good as the original.

62a3ab0898e2876a820ffbb5a85ed7bd.jpg

a249e1536e34f5c8408c1d182c7ac88f.jpg

The Classic Pred is pretty awesome. I put some parts I found on EBay to adorn him with trophies. I don’t think I would need to but a JH 2.0.

62a3ab0898e2876a820ffbb5a85ed7bd.jpg

a249e1536e34f5c8408c1d182c7ac88f.jpg

The Classic Pred is pretty awesome. I put some parts I found on EBay to adorn him with trophies. I don’t think I would need to but a JH 2.0.

Great pictures!! :rock :rock

Does anyone know if the metal blades are a weak point on this figure? I'm able to buy one of these, but the seller says the blades are broken. At first he said they were plastic, but when I pointed out that they should be metal, he said they were metal, but plastic inside the gauntlet and that's where it was broken. He also couldn't guarantee that the lights were working, because he never put the batteries in... But didn't this one come with batteries installed already, with the removable plastic strips?

Right now I'm thinking of waiting for another one, because this seems a bit iffy.

Great pictures!! :rock :rock

Does anyone know if the metal blades are a weak point on this figure? I'm able to buy one of these, but the seller says the blades are broken. At first he said they were plastic, but when I pointed out that they should be metal, he said they were metal, but plastic inside the gauntlet and that's where it was broken. He also couldn't guarantee that the lights were working, because he never put the batteries in... But didn't this one come with batteries installed already, with the removable plastic strips?

Right now I'm thinking of waiting for another one, because this seems a bit iffy.

The blades are diecast. You will want these to be in good working order. If it’s broken like that there is probably no way to fix it and it would look odd without.

The batteries is a none issue for me. I lit it up once.

The blades are diecast. You will want these to be in good working order. If it’s broken like that there is probably no way to fix it and it would look odd without.

The batteries is a none issue for me. I lit it up once.

I decided not to buy it from that person. The blades were definitely something I couldn't overlook. And the ligths bothered me as well tbh. It's not that I'm going to use the lights a lot, but I'd prefer them to be in working order. Besides, if what he claims is correct then there is a possibility of leaking batteries since he never looked after them.

Snagged one of those for $150CAD last week. Absolutely love it. One of my favourite figs.

Back