Predator Skull bootleg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theokan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's a bootleg of something that haven't even been released yet.

I think this is prove that factory employees in China have been sneaking out products to sell for personal gain. These aren't recast from a production piece or a home made fake, it's straight out of the factory and looks identical to the real thing san the paint. I took down the Ebay link since I'm not trying to endorse the sell or whatever, just wanted to point out that lots of these recasts are happening at the actual manufacturing factories, right at the source. Here's some more photos of the bootleg Predator skull:

pred1.jpg

pred2.jpg

pred3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, at least the paint is gorgeous. But it could not be a more-obvious recast.

Oh man, insane price too. Might as well go with the official one.

yea, i saw this, but i wander how they were able to steal the mold for it. The price of this recast will end up being the same as the official one. It does have a much better paint app though..............

Looks nice not liking the price including shipping though.
How much is the official one?

Uhh..this thing costs about $315, the SS one is $350 not including shipping... Unless i'm missing somthing, this one is deffinately cheaper than the SS one..

Just a reminder, this site does not endorse the sale of recast Sideshow product.

Uhh..this thing costs about $315, the SS one is $350 not including shipping... Unless i'm missing somthing, this one is deffinately cheaper than the SS one..

well if you go through a retailer, there about the same. No point in ever getting this recast. I knew these skulls would both get recasted at some point cause it would be rather easy to do, but didnt think it would happen before it even shipped :horror

I think the bleached/dried out paint on the KNB skull looks better. But I don't like the yellow teeth they have on the proto. The teeth on the one at SDCC looked real nice.

Didn't know this could be wall mounted though, that's pretty cool.

yea, i saw this, but i wander how they were able to steal the mold for it. The price of this recast will end up being the same as the official one. It does have a much better paint app though..............

They don't actually steal the mold. A factory worker has to paint hundreds and hundreds of these things everyday, and sometimes one of these workers would steal one when no one is noticing, then sells it on Ebay and make a profit. It's a very common practice in China, they even have a nickname for items being sold this way; It's called a "rat stock", which implies that the item was sneaked out illegally by "rats" in the factory. It's no difference than a Mcdonald's minimum wage worker stealing a burger when his boss isn't looking, things like that happens all the time, except these Chinese factory workers have access to much more expensive items to steal from than just a happy meal; anything from high end collectibles, to the most advanced electronics like the newest HDTVs, monitors, Blu-ray players... Anything that is manufactured in China, you name it..

Last edited:

For $45 you get the official one, and if it breaks you have a company to go to instead of an ebay seller...

seems they put alot more time and effort into the paint jobs of their personal rip offs than the rushed rubbish we get on alot of SS stuff.... shame.

I think this has been asked and answered - thread closed.

Buy legitimate products - the bootleg stuff is always a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back