Predator Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Wizard

Freaked Out
Reaction score
With the 2 pictures of the Predator Maq box on the Newsletter tonight. Does this mean that the statue is about to ship?
If so then the next few weeks is gonna be :horror for the old CC..

WW :Wizard

Beautiful box! If I remember correctly, they were going to incorporate some lenticular effects into it... maybe? It looks like it to me from the pictures! What's the word, SS Q? :wacky

Hmm..lenticular. That's the first I heard of it, although it would be pretty cool. And really expensive. But we did do a gloss varnish hit for the exclusive that covers the Predator images and shows the helmet at the right angle. It's really cool. One of our best boxes yet, and designed by John E., one of our designers.

Sideshow Q said:
Hmm..lenticular. That's the first I heard of it, although it would be pretty cool. And really expensive. But we did do a gloss varnish hit for the exclusive that covers the Predator images and shows the helmet at the right angle. It's really cool. One of our best boxes yet, and designed by John E., one of our designers.

I was thinking of the SDCC chat with Peter Mitchell. I asked about lenticular effects, and he said he had thought about it; we even knocked about the idea of the Predator turning invisible on a lenticular box. Here is an excerpt from the chat:

[SSF]-lcummins - Every thought of using lenticular effects?
Peter Mitchell: lcummins - yes I've thought about using lenticular effects it's still in my mind I just need to figure out the appropriate usage...

I hope you guys think about using it one day! I have loved "flicker" items since my childhood, and think it would make a really cool box for the right figure or statue! Anyway, keep up the cool designs! :joy

lcummins said:
Beautiful box! If I remember correctly, they were going to incorporate some lenticular effects into it... maybe? It looks like it to me from the pictures! What's the word, SS Q? :wacky
LC: You may have a memory of this exchange with Peter Mitchell during his 2005 SDCC chat:

[SSF]-lcum: PETE: Ever thought of using lenticular effects?

Peter_Mitc: lcummins - yes I've thought about using lenticular effects

Peter_Mitc: it's still in my mind

Peter_Mitc: I just need to figure out the appropriate usage

FrankenFan: Pete: A lenticular effect would lend itself well to a figure with a "transformation," such as the Predator maquette...

Peter_Mitc: FrankenFan - yeah, that's a good idea about lenticular effect

[SSF]-lcum: I second that idea!

Peter_Mitc: Glad I've thought of that :p

FrankenFan: I'll expect a check in the mail...

anyk_bnnr.jpg

FrankenFan said:
LC: You may have a memory of this exchange with Peter Mitchell during his 2005 SDCC chat:

[SSF]-lcum: PETE: Ever thought of using lenticular effects?

Peter_Mitc: lcummins - yes I've thought about using lenticular effects

Peter_Mitc: it's still in my mind

Peter_Mitc: I just need to figure out the appropriate usage

FrankenFan: Pete: A lenticular effect would lend itself well to a figure with a "transformation," such as the Predator maquette...

Peter_Mitc: FrankenFan - yeah, that's a good idea about lenticular effect

[SSF]-lcum: I second that idea!

Peter_Mitc: Glad I've thought of that :p

FrankenFan: I'll expect a check in the mail...

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking about! Guess I put too much hope into my memory! Oh well, maybe another box on another day... :wacky

Sideshow Q said:
Ah... unfortunately, Lenticulars are very expensive, especially for small runs.

Dang! :banghead Had my hopes up and everything! Oh well, you guys create some awesome boxes and graphics, so I will survive! Thanks for the respond Q!

Sideshow Q said:

You guys could ship this thing in just a cardboard box with styrofoam, and I wouldn't care. The boxes just go into my attic anyway. I wouldn't want a price increase just for a fancy box. I can't wait to get this statue!:banana

Sideshow Q said:

I know you can't always let the cat out of the bag Q, but how much is Frankenfan asking?

elwood49 said:
You guys could ship this thing in just a cardboard box with styrofoam, and I wouldn't care. The boxes just go into my attic anyway. I wouldn't want a price increase just for a fancy box. I can't wait to get this statue!:banana

Same here Elwood!

I wonder if anyone now if the predator will be send from EU Warehouse for european pepole or will it be send US Warehouse?:confused:

ferlin said:
I wonder if anyone now if the predator will be send from EU Warehouse for european pepole or will it be send US Warehouse?:confused:

There was quitte a bit of discussion about this when the piece was announced, it will ship only from the US warehouse because the european carrier couldn't ship a box the size of the Predator. To compensate euro-customers they'll ship it for free though.

It will be expensive with the tax 30% is it in Sweden include the shiping cost if it was send from eu we dont need to pay tax.

Back