Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT failed with the correct scale from the beginning :gah::gah:

:monkey1 Yes... yes, they did. I was so appalled by the scale and lack of likeness on the P1 I sent it back. I really couldn't afford it at the time anyway, but I don't regret it. I am a hardcore Pred fan, but I was already tired of the inaccuracies in the Alien figs.

I woulda' called this Pred the "Copperhead" had I been on the Winston crew. This thing is mine already. Haven't decided on the other announcements, but this is gorgeous :yess:

Equals in height with the new preds...
3Uej1.jpg

them superpreds are shorty. compared to the shorty P1, they still are shorty. in reality, those superpreds are midget size.:lol

hopefully, the classic pred will keep this height for the whiners...but i doubt it, coz its standing on a base.

What i really don't get is that the Preview pics came up, then a matter of days later the actual ome is shown and yet the ab patterns are painted diferently :dunno

That bullseye on his abs looks really odd IMO, i prefer the proto paint pattern on the abs.

What i really don't get is that the Preview pics came up, then a matter of days later the actual ome is shown and yet the ab patterns are painted diferently :dunno

That bullseye on his abs looks really odd IMO, i prefer the proto paint pattern on the abs.
hang on. are you saying a prototype was actually different from the final product?!? unacceptable, we should boycott this figure until this is fixed.

I'm thinking about selling my Guardian to pay for this one. I don't need more than a couple Preds in my collection, and this one is just beefier and more impressive looking. I dig Guardian's color scheme more, though. . .

The paint pattern on the abs is different, he went from a 6 pack to 4 pack :slap
yep, that totally sucks man. you know what we should do? not buy this. that'll teach 'em.
I'm thinking about selling my Guardian to pay for this one. I don't need more than a couple Preds in my collection, and this one is just beefier and more impressive looking. I dig Guardian's color scheme more, though. . .
if you're missing one Lost Clan member, you might as well not get any of them. they're a family. not my rules.

The paint pattern on the abs is different, he went from a 6 pack to 4 pack :slap
That's just the belt sitting up higher than in the spec pics. I think they look just the same.
yep, that totally sucks man. you know what we should do? not buy this. that'll teach 'em.

if you're missing one Lost Clan member, you might as well not get any of them. they're a family. not my rules.

:exactly::goodpost: If you have any indecision about this pred, do NOT pull the trigger. Classic is $10 cheaper and comes with a ton more accessories, and a display base. HT is raking us across the coals on this one :lecture

Well, I guess I'm just a rule-breaking, hell-raising, jet flying, wheeling dealing son-of-a-gun then :yess:

I just picked up Guardian to add some extra flavor to my Predator detolf shelf (with P1 and Dutch). I have zero interest in a background character who was on the screen for two seconds as a character. Only as a means to complement my other figures. And this one will do just fine.

I just picked up Guardian to add some extra flavor to my Predator detolf shelf (with P1 and Dutch). I have zero interest in a background character who was on the screen for two seconds as a character. Only as a means to complement my other figures. And this one will do just fine.

My thing is A.) I have loyalty to Stan Winston's (studios) original designs, and B.) I save money by only purchasing Pred variations from the first two films.
Plus Snake Pred's skin patterns are tight.

So the more clan variants the better for me. My decision has to be about the Classics Pred... if they release a DX P1, will I be happy I got that holographic Earth? Do I need that strange skull and skinflap teepee thingy?

SO THE PRICE TAG IS HIGHER? THE DISPLAY PIECE HAD AN SRP?

I know we've been discussing this for the past 5 pages, but here is the link to the full coverage from OSW...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...on/625629-wtf-happened-hk-ani-con-2011-a.html

Crazy...guys. Don't pay scalper prices!!

Thx for the heads up. I read about this last year, but it wasn't as detailed as in this report. It is simply disgusting. Happy that I never went the Ebay route for any of the exclusives, and I'll never will. Still, I am pretty pissed that I had to pay high dollar for the Scare crow/demon Batman set from AN OFFICIAL SOURCE - AmiAmi - at the time, who then sold the set for nearly HALF THE PRICE some time later.
But yes, I guess that is just another example of how things evolve when no one buys at crazy prises. Let's face it guys, the price most resellers and E-tailers charge us today for 12" figures is already crazy enough. But as long as we continue to pay that price, we can't blame them. Money talks.

I grossly overpaid for a figure once on eBay at almost 2-1/2 times retail price because I was impatient. But I also managed to buy a few other figures off eBay at nearly half their retail price. That should even things out.

For the new exclusives, I am staying totally off eBay. Waiting for sideshow to have these up for PO.

Does anyone think this will be a sneak release like the classic pred ? I don't remember seeing it in the news letter ? Just got an email 2 hours after it went up for pre order

In regards to the scalper at Ani-Con I added something to my signature.Maybe if more people do we can put a dent in this scalpers sales.
You can't expect to stop scalping but maybe send a message.

Last edited:
i'm too lazy to look for it, but i think this forum has/had a list of sellers to avoid somewhere. i think it's just for outright scammers and flakers though. there should be one for scalpers too, but i guess it's just as easy to keep your own list going.

Back