Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I just wish the head was a little larger.
Audio.png

WRONG!

It isnt working, you still don't respect Tsang's creativity because the size of this hideous head is a part of his vision also :dunno

I'm cool with the open mandibles. Can't complain about anything except for the body paint apps...

IMG_8798-horz.jpg

IMG_8799-horz.jpg

IMG_8801-horz.jpg

IMG_8809-horz.jpg

Luckily, it seems to look nicer with the netting and armor on. Get him in a cool pose and no one will be the wiser.

Do you have problem with the way the paint was applied, or with the stylistic decisions regarding the paint design? Looks to me that this was very well done from a technical paint application perspective--as is the norm for Hot Toys.

Do you have problem with the way the paint was applied, or with the stylistic decisions regarding the paint design? Looks to me that this was very well done from a technical paint application perspective--as is the norm for Hot Toys.

I'm not sure... I'd say application. For lack of a better term, the paintjob seems more 'obvious' than on other figures. The Lost Predator had the same issue on his head; the design was just so bold that it was nearly impossibly to get it to look like real skin.

I guess I wish HT used smoother paint apps, maybe some subtle blends around the edges so that the reddish-brown doesn't pop up too suddenly from the base yellow. Kind of like the slight bleeding effect the costume has.

Predator97.jpg

Taking Lost into account once again, it's not really a big deal once they're all displayed together. These Losties have outlandish designs and HT tried their best to replicate them at 1/6 scale. Seeing as how paint is their strongsuit, I'll trust their judgment here. Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything odd about the bare body. :dunno

Looks OK to me, but I'm not a hardcore Predator guy so I'm pretty easy to please with these things. The black spots do appear pretty bold and to have sharp edges, but I can't tell how they differ from the screen version in that pic you posted.

Looks OK to me, but I'm not a hardcore Predator guy so I'm pretty easy to please with these things. The black spots do appear pretty bold and to have sharp edges, but I can't tell how they differ from the screen version in that pic you posted.

Yep, not a lot of references to look at. I can understand that a little bit of each Lostie is open to interpretation, as a result.

Taking Lost into account once again, it's not really a big deal once they're all displayed together. These Losties have outlandish designs and HT tried their best to replicate them at 1/6 scale. Seeing as how paint is their strongsuit, I'll trust their judgment here. Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything odd about the bare body. :dunno
you might wanna rethink that. i don't think there's one part of the Elder that's the right color. and the Lost and the Guardian are really off too. this is the first lost clan pred that has a halfway decent color scheme.

and there's actually a decent amount of references to look at. HT decided not to use them.

you might wanna rethink that. i don't think there's one part of the Elder that's the right color. and the Lost and the Guardian are really off too. this is the first lost clan pred that has a halfway decent color scheme.

and there's actually a decent amount of references to look at. HT decided not to use them.

True, true.

I was referring to Snake, there. Can't find very many pictures of the body.

Uh, no?

P2 armor and what I assume is P2's paint scheme..

They'd definitely make Anytime 2. They already have everything they need.

Back