Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there a lot of interest in this fella? Getting rid of mine for £160 seem reasonable? Sort of lost interest in this pred over the time i've had him.

It's a kind weird figure out of the box as it uses some new things like the new P2 body and greaves and the Classic head but then also some old things like the tassets from the old P2. It also uses the old feet and hands so he has larger hands and smaller feet than the P2.

The hand pegs used for the Predators figures are obviously different from the ones used on regular hot toys bodies, aside from colour are they all the same - Shadow / Berzerker / Tracker etc?

The Samurai predator

Just fiddled around with my Samurai tonight...changing the mouth from open to 'less open' (wish there is a fully closed mouth). This piece lives up to its 'artist series' line because it really is a piece of art. The paint app, details, and multimedia just blows all my other ver 2.0 predators out of the water. The base alone can almost be its own display. It's only not so popular on this forum only because of its lack of big screen pedigree and many collectors here not liking anything not 'offcial'..whatever the definition of 'offcial' means.

I still can not believe the price either, even at full MSRP. I think if this piece was released by Fewture as a Takeya predator statue the price would've been at least double. Heck...even as an unpainted resin kit I bet it would've cost more than $400.

Anyway I digress...

Since this guy does not come with a MASK do any of the other masks fit on him or are they each uniquely sculpted?

Since this guy does not come with a MASK do any of the other masks fit on him or are they each uniquely sculpted?
a final proof that "shadow" sculpt = "classic" sculpt.

classic_shadow_fit_002_zps06b5862e.jpg:original

classic_shadow_fit_001_zps44445be8.jpg:original

classic_shadow_fit_004_zps36c16b57.jpg:original

classic_shadow_fit_003_zpsbf942d32.jpg:original
it's not even several pages ago. it's just above your question.

it's not even several pages ago. it's just above your question.

I am new to Predators line, and just started to hunt them down this weekend. I just got a Shadow Predator yesterday and I have looked through some of the threads, but not extensively to see what masks will fit him. I wasn't sure if the heads were all repaints or new sculpts.

Are the hand pegs all the same for this newer generation of Predators?

I am new to Predators line, and just started to hunt them down this weekend. I just got a Shadow Predator yesterday and I have looked through some of the threads, but not extensively to see what masks will fit him. I wasn't sure if the heads were all repaints or new sculpts.

Most likely yes indeed

yes, you just pick the color you like! i liked this pred's pegs most of all as they are black, but today the blackest peg are scar's.
all new preds, including berserks and avp have one kind of hand pegs. only samurai predator has slightly shorter part that goes into the palm, and the ball joint seems bigger to me, though it might be only a visual effect.

Damn, I got a classic mask to put on him and they seemed to have glued the bottom jaw in place....it won't come out....any thoughts?

The mask is made to be put on without the mandibles. So just take off Shadow's mandibles and slide it on.

Damn, I got a classic mask to put on him and they seemed to have glued the bottom jaw in place....it won't come out....any thoughts?
of course they glued it, it wasn't supposed to be taken out on that particular predator.
but, as you see, there's nothing impossible or even difficult there.

just a slight force. the parts are flexible. avoid scratching the surface. use an office knife to put it between face & jaw and push a little. from left, from right, from bottom. then pull.
...push the knife in a direction to widen the hole between face & jaw, not to cut the peg between them :lecture
do you have any other new preds already? any pred head with a removable jaw? if you don't, first google some pics of a jaw taken out - to see its construction.

Last edited:
of course they glued it, it wasn't supposed to be taken out on that particular predator.
but, as you see, there's nothing impossible or even difficult there.

just a slight force. the parts are flexible. avoid scratching the surface. use an office knife to put it between face & jaw and push a little. from left, from right, from bottom. then pull.
...push the knife in a direction to widen the hole between face & jaw, not to cut the peg between them :lecture
do you have any other new preds already? any pred head with a removable jaw? if you don't, first google some pics of a jaw taken out - to see its construction.

I just got some of the newer ones this week to bulk up my clan - Scar / Falconer ...I just heated her up till the face was soft...the glue was really only on one side of the mouth soften up and I pulled it out...Shadow looks very nice with a mask!!!!

Back