Statue Predator 2 Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that many pictures posted on here, anyone returned theirs for a refund?
Still don't know if to cancel or not :dunno This could of been epic.
A friend sent me a picture of his which arrived with a broken tooth, he wasn't impressed with it at all.

I think the pics speak for themselves, IMO. Is it passable? Yes. But I certainly wouldn't have been happy paying $400 for something that didn't come out like it should have.

Although I love Predator, I never even thought of owning a Predator bust of any kind. This one was definitely a 'bust' from SS, and it's really unfortunate to read that the majority of buyers are deciding to keep mediocrity. This final outcome is lower than mediocre...especially for $450. You guys are feeding an out of control blaze when you can easily help control it by setting a high standard for yourselves. Instead, SS says, "Pay up, suckers." Then gives you this, and laughs all the way to the bank. And you guys let it happen.

A dude on another forum found out that the eyes aren't even painted on...they're decals. Then there's the old bait & switch from the proto pics to the production pics. I still can't believe they did that. I don't even own this, but I feel bad for all the ones that were totally let down by this all-out embarrassment.

Steven

Although I love Predator, I never even thought of owning a Predator bust of any kind. This one was definitely a 'bust' from SS, and it's really unfortunate to read that the majority of buyers are deciding to keep mediocrity. This final outcome is lower than mediocre...especially for $450. You guys are feeding an out of control blaze when you can easily help control it by setting a high standard for yourselves. Instead, SS says, "Pay up, suckers." Then gives you this, and laughs all the way to the bank. And you guys let it happen.

A dude on another forum found out that the eyes aren't even painted on...they're decals. Then there's the old bait & switch from the proto pics to the production pics. I still can't believe they did that. I don't even own this, but I feel bad for all the ones that were totally let down by this all-out embarrassment.

Steven

You have a very valid point. If a high percentage of these are returned or cancelled, would seem a lot were cancelled as it was back in stock, it would guarantee a lot more care was put into the open mandible LSB which is due to be revealed in the future.
If people just accept poor paint application that is what we will get on every piece.
As for the eyes, the same thing was noted on the Hulk Maquette. A few comments stated people were happy with this new tactic as it is better that than a googly eyed finish but I have seen at least one of these with bok eyes so decals don't always work and as with everything these days, it seems, it's a cheaper option.
I'm afraid gone are the days of a truely professional finish :mad: We are still charged top dollar but expected to accept second rate products :cuckoo:
Rant over! :thud:

Steven
Very well said and I agree. Standards are way too high. This isn't cheap, yet it looks incredibly cheap.

Once min comes I will put some pics up. I might repaint mine like I did the sit pred.

e252918b.jpg

pred5_zps1ba30a74.jpg

pred1_zpsc14fea36.jpg

pred4_zpsfc8aafea.jpg

pred2_zps39ee2134.jpg

pred3_zps1e620fac.jpg

Overall I like the piece, I think it looks pretty awesome in person. However the triangles are pretty lame, but I don't think they are lame enough for me to not want this piece still. This is also my first item from SS ever.

Overall I like the piece, I think it looks pretty awesome in person. However the triangles are pretty lame, but I don't think they are lame enough for me to not want this piece still. This is also my first item from SS ever.

exactly my thought, yes the triangles really f## up but overall looks very close to the one shown last year in SDCC which have the same paint colors of the forehead & metals in his hair (except for the triangles). I dont understand why they show in their website something then show something different in SDCC.
View attachment 61828

Is it just me or did the pictures on their site change in the last few days? I'm not sure if this was already brought up...but I'm almost positive they added new pics.

Is it just me or did the pictures on their site change in the last few days? I'm not sure if this was already brought up...but I'm almost positive they added new pics.

It was already brought up. They changed it from proto to what your actually getting now. I think they only did it since they got returns and have to show the actual product being sold now.

Back