Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the plus side, this is the Prime 1 mask vs what Sideshow gave us in the same scale (both prototypes).... I take it all back, the Prime 1 bio is a masterpiece :lol

ZVtGfBX.jpg

I'm going to be so torn when this is up for order. I really like the Infinity piece and that's before it's even painted. With that said I would have loved one of these companies to produce a statue of the Predator just standing in a pose as opposed to crouching or hanging from a wall.

I suspect Infinity will offer the more accurate sculpt, they really do have a good eye for details. But it will have that more mar-mite pose, and be much more expensive for most of us. I really like both, and I'd buy both if I could for sure.

I suspect Infinity will offer the more accurate sculpt, they really do have a good eye for details. But it will have that more mar-mite pose, and be much more expensive for most of us. I really like both, and I'd buy both if I could for sure.

I hadn't seen much of Infinity's pricing or any of their work at all for that matter. They're not cheap then I take it lol? Unfortunatley price is a factor I have to consider! That may be the deciding factor now then. I can't wait to see P1.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On the plus side, this is the Prime 1 mask vs what Sideshow gave us in the same scale (both prototypes).... I take it all back, the Prime 1 bio is a masterpiece :lol

ZVtGfBX.jpg

Omfg Hahahah! Someone was DEF asleep at the wheel at Sideshow!

Wow both display options great job Prime 1!! @Python. I expect your expertise on Infinity’s Pred as well. Love it but still prefer the Infinity’s pose...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like that this is advertised as a 'wall art' line. I know its something most people here probably aren't interested in and to be honest its something I've never considered before either, but the idea of this and a Jungle Hunter mounted on a wall is absolutely awesome to me, and a bit of a space saver as well. Its also a unique way to display statues. I could see a pair of these mounted on a wall in my theatre room.

I like that this is advertised as a 'wall art' line. I know its something most people here probably aren't interested in and to be honest its something I've never considered before either, but the idea of this and a Jungle Hunter mounted on a wall is absolutely awesome to me, and a bit of a space saver as well. Its also a unique way to display statues. I could see a pair of these mounted on a wall in my theatre room.

While a wall mounted line is interesting, I’m still too nervous about displaying a piece like this on a wall, not inside a display case. I’m glad there’s the option for a flat surface display.

With that said, the xenomorphs would also look wild posed in a pouncing position! Maybe the Alien film line will get the same treatment.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Alien/ Predator wall mount diorama display line released bubble sideshow some years ago. I still have that whole set. They came out incredible.

While a wall mounted line is interesting, I’m still too nervous about displaying a piece like this on a wall, not inside a display case. I’m glad there’s the option for a flat surface display.

With that said, the xenomorphs would also look wild posed in a pouncing position! Maybe the Alien film line will get the same treatment.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Alien/ Predator wall mount diorama display line released bubble sideshow some years ago. I still have that whole set. They came out incredible.

Mounted to a wall stud it will be fine.

I remember that line by Sideshow...really cool. Agreed, 1/4 scale Aliens in a wall mount line would also be awesome.

1) Whew on the base, i see what they did there - basically added a much larger flat piece at the bottom so it won't tip over.

2) The EX is a big disappointment, in this pose, P2 will always be displayed with his spear. Why would you display him with the disc, it just doesnt look good.

3) I think this is the most icon - perfect pose for P2 city hunter. To the posts above who want a stand up museum pose, wait for the P1 jungle predator.

Just need city hunter + jungle, then i am a happy man. Could care less about all the other predators they pumping out. I am pleased with myself to have the will to hold out for this instead of buying the sideshow crap, feel bad for the folks who did, no-one would want them, considering how much SS charged for those, will be losing a lot of $$.

Now just hope the price isn't too ridiculously given this is 1/4 not 1/3.

While, the Bio could certainly be nitpicked, none of the inaccuracies Matt pointed out could be seen by my eye without any screen shots to compare it to. It's close enough to perfect for me. I can't find much fault in it.

Unless the Infinity one is so much better than this, which I doubt that it will be, this will be a for sure PO for me. The Infinity one won't have the spear and that is a must for this Pred. The only thing I'm disappointed in is this not having a spine trophy. It would go much better with the statue compared to the disc.

I wish I could afford the bill for my own :lol And thank you, but I'm certainly no expert, just a big fan of the character as you know. It's not bad, but there are several things off with the bio (Although this is of course assuming they wanted to reproduce the "Hero" mask) I was hoping they would tweak it a little but I guess that won't happen now it's going up for order. The colour is wrong, it should be more of a metallic copper. The overall texture is a bit too harsh. The damage is somewhat fabricated and exaggerated, the actual mask doesn't have the claw marks and extreme damage on his nose area for example. In fact it has very little there. The Prime 1 mask is missing the two lines on the brow, the brow is also a bit too round where it should be angled. His eyes are a little small I think, or certain proportions are off that make it appear as such. The nose area is slightly the wrong shape, it should be more rounded at the top and more tapered beneath. The top of the dome appears to resemble the stunt mask more than the hero (This is probably what you mentioned) And something all of these companies get wrong is the cheek area. So important on the P2 mask as it's cheek (bones for lack of a better word) are so pronounced. P1 have fallen into the same trap as Sideshow and made these thin and pointy, they need to be much fuller and more rounded. In fact, that area might be most of the issue now I think about it, missing those cheeks makes the whole mask look a bit narrow.

I hope this didn't sound like a rant, you asked so I figured I'd give an answer. I should stress that I like this statue a lot and have no desire to spoil anybodies enjoyment of it, I definitely couldn't sculpt one half this good myself so I'm one of those terrible armchair critics. But we absolutely hammered Sideshows, so it's only fair to point out where P1 could maybe improve their Predators. I will be buying it hopefully.[/IMG]

TOTALLY not a rant, and I REALLY appreciate the info
thumb2.gif
I always liked the mask from the Kotobukiya 1:6 vinyl piece myself (shown below).

It's also made me realise that even a slight change in angle of viewing makes a HUGE difference in how it appears.

The less said about the bio/dred parody from Sadshow, the better
icon_rolleyes.gif

Have to ask - "Marmite" pose ?!??! - that must have entered the UK vernacular since I left :)
eusa_think.gif

image.png

. . . The EX is a big disappointment, in this pose, P2 will always be displayed with his spear. Why would you display him with the disc, it just doesnt look good . . .
. . . The only thing I'm disappointed in is this not having a spine trophy. It would go much better with the statue compared to the disc.

Agreed.

Although I usually prefer the unmasked to the masked, the unmasked just doesn't work on this base - all sorts of wrong. They should have used a generic base OR the abattoir metalwork OR a regular building rather than the one that brings THIS scene to mind.

And for the same reason - your comments RE the disc weapon are correct - THAT was a bad choice on their part as well.

The skull/spine is a MUST - or an empty hand with the arm vertical (per the other one) instead of horizontal.

Whilst the ex disc is a good idea for display purposes in terms of bringing down the amount of room this will take up you guys are definitely right about the choice of accessory. I liked the idea brought up earlier on in the thread of King Willy's head. Maybe someone out there will make a custom.

Whilst we keep talking about Jungle and City Hunter would any of you guys be interested in a 1/4 P2 Elder? I'd certainly be tempted. It's easy to forget the possibility since one has never really been produced.

The price on this is much better than I thought it would be also. I'm just waiting on collectiblesdirect to hopefully thow this up now and then I'd imagine I'll stick it on a payment plan.

And 899 for the standard. Cheaper thab I thought it would be. Cheaper than Sideshow's, and better! Shame the wait will be so long though.

Yeah no kidding!!! People paid more than that for Sadshow’s M&M head P2!! I can’t wait to order this!!

Just looked at all 102 pics on P1’s site! I’m going to preorder this so fast when it goes up at Sideshow that I may actually fracture my thumbs!

Whilst the ex disc is a good idea for display purposes in terms of bringing down the amount of room this will take up you guys are definitely right about the choice of accessory. I liked the idea brought up earlier on in the thread of King Willy's head. Maybe someone out there will make a custom.

Whilst we keep talking about Jungle and City Hunter would any of you guys be interested in a 1/4 P2 Elder? I'd certainly be tempted. It's easy to forget the possibility since one has never really been produced.

The price on this is much better than I thought it would be also. I'm just waiting on collectiblesdirect to hopefully thow this up now and then I'd imagine I'll stick it on a payment plan.

Elder is easily my most wanted right now and my second fav Pred design of them all. Would love to see a movie based on him.

This statue is a day one PO for me btw, great price.

While, the Bio could certainly be nitpicked, none of the inaccuracies Matt pointed out could be seen by my eye without any screen shots to compare it to. It's close enough to perfect for me. I can't find much fault in it.

Just to be clear, it certainly isn't enough to put me off either. Like I said, it isn't a bad effort. All of these companies seem to struggle with the P2's bio mask but this is (IMO) The best P2 statue we've had access to yet, I really like it. For $899, this is one of the easiest decisions I'll ever make in the hobby. I actually quite like the Sideshow version for all of its faults, but I can't believe I paid more for that than I will for this....

Have to ask - "Marmite" pose ?!??! - that must have entered the UK vernacular since I left :)
eusa_think.gif

Haha, sorry, I forget that's a very British term. So British, that even some British people have forgotten it it seems ;) I just meant that the pose on the Infinity version is something that will divide people. Their Berserker sculpt was wonderful, but I hate the pose on it so I'm not buying it, they seem to like rare poses which I suppose isn't a bad thing. I like how their P2 is shaping up, it could potentially even better this Prime 1 version (subjective of course) But I can't see it coming close to this price so I'll be ordering the Prime 1 version once Sideshow list it.

Back