Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone who knows someone who knows someone at Prime 1... (true story)
He’s finding out for me if this piece will have a surface base as well as the wall mount feature. I can’t believe no one bothered to ask a Prime 1 rep at the show if it will have a flat base to end the speculation.

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone at Prime 1... (true story)
He’s finding out for me if this piece will have a surface base as well as the wall mount feature. I can’t believe no one bothered to ask a Prime 1 rep at the show if it will have a flat base to end the speculation.

I think I read someone on the Facebook group asked a representative and they were told the bottom pointy bit is removable for tabletop display.

Somebody on the group said that they asked a rep at the show, and is is indeed an option to table mount. Not exactly an official answer of course, but it bodes well....

Given the great pose on this I'm excited to see what pose they go with for Jungle Hunter.

Any preference?

Not keen on the roaring pose, nor do I want to see another crouch after the City Hunter. Anything else, I'm onboard.

Somebody on the group said that they asked a rep at the show, and is is indeed an option to table mount. Not exactly an official answer of course, but it bodes well....

I hope you are right because looking at the video I really don’t see how the base can be made for tabletop. It has a huge piece in front with no support that will make the whole thing easily tip forward ( ie Thor PF anyone). So unless there is another base or they really add something super heavy to the back part of the base, I just don’t see it.

When is this going up for preorder the wait is killing me, still got $2500 ss credit from all the pcs refunds I need to use before they screw up the website again.

I hope you are right because looking at the video I really don’t see how the base can be made for tabletop. It has a huge piece in front with no support that will make the whole thing easily tip forward ( ie Thor PF anyone). So unless there is another base or they really add something super heavy to the back part of the base, I just don’t see it.

When is this going up for preorder the wait is killing me, still got $2500 ss credit from all the pcs refunds I need to use before they screw up the website again.

I'm just a messenger with third hand info there, so don't take my word for it. But somebody definitely said that they asked P1 directly at the show. I hope it is correct also, I'm assuming the bottom part of the base (if it exists) will widen and be heavy. Although I really wouldn't out it past P1 to offer two separate versions, one wall mounted and one table mounted.

I'm just a messenger with third hand info there, so don't take my word for it. But somebody definitely said that they asked P1 directly at the show. I hope it is correct also, I'm assuming the bottom part of the base (if it exists) will widen and be heavy. Although I really wouldn't out it past P1 to offer two separate versions, one wall mounted and one table mounted.
Switch-out hand for a removable disc would be pretty silly for this scene depiction.
. . . I'd never use it (unless there was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT base)​
Looks like the meat locker crouch, when he's shuffling through optical scanning modes. Could be fundamentally badarse.

Sooooo - taking Matt's thought (in red), and splicing in a couple of posts from yours truly & OM1D, I could for SURE live with this as an abattoir scene . . . OR a "theoretical" scene before he crashes the penthouse party.

I'd much prefer EITHER of those to the current one (which has been done before in 2 smaller scales).

Really strange if indeed there is table top display as an option. They've just posted to their facebook again describing it as wall art like we've seen before. I suppose if this is the primary display method in their own vision though they might want to market it as such? Just seems odd to me.
413b2b299f0d285c8f0ef1f3dfa4c6bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

CONFIRMED surface base AND unmasked portrait pics up at IG!!

The Exclusive version is confirmed as a switch out right hand holding the smart disc and the disc will be removable from the thigh holster (so if you display the exclusive right hand your Predator won’t have one in his hand and on his thigh at the same time.)
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

7d432c6ef42306c41c99b36eb42abc38.jpg

cc21f367bfe45ee02c0e6db76653f9f2.jpg

40653c7689988cad9660b7c127933e52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that answers that question then lol!
Looks amazing overall but I'm not sure I'm keen on the headsculpt. That said with this statue I doubt I'd ever use it.

So it may not be the Perfect P2 I was hoping for (unrealistically) But it is a very good one!! And it's nice to see that it can indeed be table mounted. I'm in for this for sure if I can find the funds...

pkHGR0p.jpg

SB9w3Ja.jpg

k7GAAPD.jpg

aJL7WVL.jpg

2C7XdnH.jpg

S3Nvlnl.jpg

zKNo5az.jpg

xWOf6fN.jpg

P76hgVr.jpg

ajUaSfm.jpg

Thanks for the news and the pics everyone!

So it may not be the Perfect P2 I was hoping for (unrealistically) But it is a very good one!! And it's nice to see that it can indeed be table mounted. I'm in for this for sure if I can find the funds...

It's YOUR pics that might push me over the edge (no pun intended) on this. I'll send you the bill later :)

There's something bugging me about the top of the bio - since you are the expert on the P2 bio - what say you Matt?

Curious whether the Jungle Hunter will be handled the same way. If there's an option to wall mount, the base must be more minimal than what we've seen in the rest of the Alien and Predator line. I wonder if this, together with the lack of interchangeable arms on the standard, will keep the price down.

I'm going to be so torn when this is up for order. I really like the Infinity piece and that's before it's even painted. With that said I would have loved one of these companies to produce a statue of the Predator just standing in a pose as opposed to crouching or hanging from a wall.

It's YOUR pics that might push me over the edge (no pun intended) on this. I'll send you the bill later :)

There's something bugging me about the top of the bio - since you are the expert on the P2 bio - what say you Matt?

I wish I could afford the bill for my own :lol And thank you, but I'm certainly no expert, just a big fan of the character as you know. It's not bad, but there are several things off with the bio (Although this is of course assuming they wanted to reproduce the "Hero" mask) I was hoping they would tweak it a little but I guess that won't happen now it's going up for order. The colour is wrong, it should be more of a metallic copper. The overall texture is a bit too harsh. The damage is somewhat fabricated and exaggerated, the actual mask doesn't have the claw marks and extreme damage on his nose area for example. In fact it has very little there. The Prime 1 mask is missing the two lines on the brow, the brow is also a bit too round where it should be angled. His eyes are a little small I think, or certain proportions are off that make it appear as such. The nose area is slightly the wrong shape, it should be more rounded at the top and more tapered beneath. The top of the dome appears to resemble the stunt mask more than the hero (This is probably what you mentioned) And something all of these companies get wrong is the cheek area. So important on the P2 mask as it's cheek (bones for lack of a better word) are so pronounced. P1 have fallen into the same trap as Sideshow and made these thin and pointy, they need to be much fuller and more rounded. In fact, that area might be most of the issue now I think about it, missing those cheeks makes the whole mask look a bit narrow.

I hope this didn't sound like a rant, you asked so I figured I'd give an answer. I should stress that I like this statue a lot and have no desire to spoil anybodies enjoyment of it, I definitely couldn't sculpt one half this good myself so I'm one of those terrible armchair critics. But we absolutely hammered Sideshows, so it's only fair to point out where P1 could maybe improve their Predators. I will be buying it hopefully.

TJzXwOc.jpg

Back