Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4 is already pretty large, especially if they're scaling accurately. We're looking at a 30"+ character standing straight up. Any bigger than that would take too much space and cost too damn much.

As long as they nail the pose and sculpt on the Jungle Hunter, I'll be more than happy with it.

Man, imagine a 1/3 Jungle Hunter from Prime 1. We might finally have a realistic and affordable alternative to the CM Predator.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Man it looks fantastic. I feel bad about the guys whom bought the Sideshow version. I can only afford one P1 predator sadly so I have to wait for the jungle hunter....but Prime 1 is a fantastic company. The detail and quality is just outstanding.

It would probably be safe to buy this P2 and sell it without a loss when it's time to buy the P1. I know the market is weak but this one should hold value (Depending on ES)

1/4 is already pretty large, especially if they're scaling accurately. We're looking at a 30"+ character standing straight up. Any bigger than that would take too much space and cost too damn much.

As long as they nail the pose and sculpt on the Jungle Hunter, I'll be more than happy with it.

Given the great pose on this I'm excited to see what pose they go with for Jungle Hunter.

Any preference?

Given the great pose on this I'm excited to see what pose they go with for Jungle Hunter.

Any preference?

Crouched to match this one would be MY preference. Maybe in a tree setting? Or on rocks/hills per the guerrilla camp attack (dead "anytime" scorpion in hand as accessory :) )

Man, imagine a 1/3 Jungle Hunter from Prime 1. We might finally have a realistic and affordable alternative to the CM Predator.

That’s the piece I’m waiting for. The big one. A Predator statue that is bigger and badder than the CM.

That’s the piece I’m waiting for. The big one. A Predator statue that is bigger and badder than the CM.
If anyone could do it right now it would be Prime 1. That said I would like to see Infinity take a shot at a 1/3 Predator, it just seems highly unlikely.

It could be a decison for them to avoid 1/3 because of the CM. Hopefully not.

Amazing looking piece. But wall mount is a curveball indeed. On the plaque says Wall art so If that’s the case than zero interest from me and off to Infinity’s P2 and Prime 1 JH. Tnx for the pics and videos guys...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing looking piece. But wall mount is a curveball indeed. On the plaque says Wall art so If that’s the case than zero interest from me and off to Infinity’s P2 and Prime 1 JH. Tnx for the pics and videos guys...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just had a crazy thought...

I wonder if Prime 1 is doing a standing P2 AND a “wall art” piece??

From the sounds of it, most companies don't want to beat the CM version, possibly out of respect for Wang?? 1:2 in full size would be the ultimate Pred grail. I'd go for that over a 1:3 version easily as a center piece. I'm shocked SS has not attempted to do this yet because I know they had plans to make it happen. I have faith in Prime.

Crouched to match this one would be MY preference. Maybe in a tree setting? Or on rocks/hills per the guerrilla camp attack (dead "anytime" scorpion in hand as accessory :) )

I like the sound of that. They would match really well and not take anything away from the OG SWS maquette. I would have both if they did a pose in a tree.

I just don't see a very big % of people willing to risk putting something like this on the wall, but ya never know. I don't mind if you can put it on the wall, but I want the option to not do that. I can't see it being cost effective to have two versions of this character, especially when most would opt for a "non wall version".

I like the sound of that. They would match really well and not take anything away from the OG SWS maquette. I would have both if they did a pose in a tree.

I just don't see a very big % of people willing to risk putting something like this on the wall, but ya never know. I don't mind if you can put it on the wall, but I want the option to not do that. I can't see it being cost effective to have two versions of this character, especially when most would opt for a "non wall version".

Now you got me thinking. If they do a P1 and P2 as wall mounts that would be incredible. P2 on gargoyle and p1 on tree...that would be something that would absolutely interest me...let's see.

If anchored properly into a stud or wall heavy duty wall anchors there will be no problem what so ever. People have HEAVY plasma and older LED tv that weight MUCH more than this statue anchored to their walls with no problems. I did pull-ups on my wall mount for my TV to make sure it was solid.

Plus, hopefully accurate as well unlike the CM.

despite the CM's awesomeness, I still can't get behind it as THE DEFINITIVE Predator piece. still goes to the EX maquette.

Plus, hopefully accurate as well unlike the CM.

Oh no you didn't!:lol
I think this statue often gets a free pass on its inaccuracy due to it being sculpted by the man himself as well as its size and overall presence.
That said, I am really banking on P1 offering up the definitive 1/4 and 1/3 Jungle Hunter

Dude, show some sensitivity...my wallet is right here, it can hear you! Why you wanna scare my little old wallet like that?:panic:

Did Infinity studios ever mention when we might see more of their P2 or when it would be up for order?

Also how quick from Prime 1 showing something at a convention like this would they usually open pre orders?

I'm hoping we get a good look at both products before having to pre order one or the other.

Oh no you didn't!:lol
I think this statue often gets a free pass on its inaccuracy due to it being sculpted by the man himself as well as its size and overall presence.
That said, I am really banking on P1 offering up the definitive 1/4 and 1/3 Jungle Hunter

Yea, it's not so much a knock because of the pedigree and how good it looks despite the inaccuracies, but I could never pay those insane prices for one because of that. The SWS EX has issues too, but it is closer to being right. I haven't been overly impressed with their other unmasked preds thus far apart from the 1:1 bust so would like to see the scaled work they do on the unmasked movie version heads.

Yea, it's not so much a knock because of the pedigree and how good it looks despite the inaccuracies, but I could never pay those insane prices for one because of that. The SWS EX has issues too, but it is closer to being right. I haven't been overly impressed with their other unmasked preds thus far apart from the 1:1 bust so would like to see the scaled work they do on the unmasked movie version heads.
When this came out I was a NECA and Hot Toys collector. I had a chance to pick it up at retail and my wife and I agreed that it was way too much to spend. now years later and over a dozen statues I just kick myself every time I see it.
It is truly the grail that got away.

When this came out I was a NECA and Hot Toys collector. I had a chance to pick it up at retail and my wife and I agreed that it was way too much to spend. now years later and over a dozen statues I just kick myself every time I see it.

Let's hope that Prime 1 can ease that pain a little for you. I'm with Stingray in that I think the CM Predator is an awesome statue, but it isn't the "grail" people suggest for me as it is essentially an artists interpretation of the character. Don't get me wrong, Steve Wang had the right to do that more than most people, but I prefer screen accuracy is all. Likewise, I had the chance to grab the CM Alien for under £700 at one point. I barfed at paying such prices back then, how times change. But that is artistic also and absolutely blown away by a few recent Alien statues imo, with Prime 1's on the way.

Yea, so was I, I didn't even know it existed then. Though like you I probably wouldn't have spent the money back then, but now I drop 2K on almost every preorder.:slap I was lucky to still get a SWS EX for a decent price a few years ago so at least I have that until we get something that might eclipse it. P1 has the most promise, but they seem to have made an out of the box choice for the P2 so we will have to wait and see.

Back