Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

The giant low res image, it does nothing.

Too low res to judge properly, maybe, but the pattern on the crown looks awful, as the dreads. I echo those who said it before... I could have accepted something similar at 500-600$, no way on Earth this is worth 1200$.

It's been stated several times that the video was very poor quality. I put the image up for those that missed it.

I can clearly see the crown is looking quite bad even though they went with decals. The bald face also makes it look totally flawed imo.

The video was no better in quality than that screen grab col posted.

Of course hahaha

Intentional?

Well, I'll be less suspicious and just say I think it was a very poorly thought out and rushed decision to make and release it. It is a very poor quality video, nothing is answered at all as the guy didn't know the answers to simple questions such as the size of it or the ES number (it was raised mate..) It exaggerated some of the faults such as the EX being flawed (spear and disk displayed together, then bio and breather) and all they really did was try to persuade people that this is a great piece for predator fans. Which as fans here talking about we can decide for ourselves... Sales must be slow.

A high quality video with somebody knowledgeable on the subject could be a good thing. Igo showed a bit of passion towards this, despite it's flaws. They should have put him with it to focus on the good points (of which there certainly are plenty) rather than somebody with little of use to say almost trying to force through arguments against the complaints we've had. As for the decal revelation which is the only bit of info of any use from that video... The more I think about that, the worse it gets, I can't see it panning out but we'll see. I was torn over this still, but since that video, am not pre ordering this any longer.

Matt's right (I DO like the folks that inhabit these here parts - they has smarts [well - some of them anyways :wink1: ])

Based on what was delivered - the presenters (I think it was said that the fella was the Production Manager? :horror ) can be summed up as follows:
• Had done little to zero prep.
• Not knowledgeable about the franchise or the character.
• Not knowledgeable about the piece itself! :rolleyes2
• Couldn't have appeared more apathetic if they'd tried.​

I was embarrassed for them – and for the people making the inane comments while it was running.

Hot Toys' $200 figure has better paint apps. Sad.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

That's the worst p2 paint up I have ever seen

They should just sell these as kits, this deserves to be painted by Dunnaway or Kidd............

It's a screen grab from an awful video that would be lucky to be 30p in quality.

Indeed, I have no doubt this won't be worth what they're asking and likely to be a traditional ss predator disaster but that video is hardly something to go by....

The video may be in poor quality but you can still make out how awful that paint app is.

I asked Alex about the decals, she said only the black spots will be decals (and the head pattern) This must be a mistake I think as it makes no sense what so ever. It would actually be easier to apply them via an airbrush, dots are easy. I've decided I'm not buying this... Decalgate was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I asked Alex about the decals, she said only the black spots will be decals (and the head pattern) This must be a mistake I think as it makes no sense what so ever. It would actually be easier to apply them via an airbrush, dots are easy. I've decided I'm not buying this... Decalgate was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Did Alex clarify WHAT spots? Did she mean those on the torso and/or legs and/or arms?

It was quite vague, I didn't push it any further, I suspect some wires have been crossed somewhere and we should expect most of the pattern to be decals head to toe. There is absolutely zero reason for the black spotting to be decals if the rest will be paint, they are very easy to paint on. I'm surprised the ES hasn't been dropped yet, seems like nobody was buying this even before the decals were announced.

Hi Alex, could you possibly find out exactly which parts of the P2 maquette will be decals? a revelation revealed in that recent video. As you can imagine, it has people worried a bit. Also, is the huge price tag on that one not a reflection of the difficult paint app required? Will that price decrease if decals are to be used for the body and head markings? It seems like one thing after another with this guy unfortunately.

The quote is that "most" of the body and head will be decals. Hopefully a mistake given it is a $1200 (1600+ for UK guys) 1/4 statue. Any confirmation would be appreciated please.
The crown tattoo will be decals and some of the body tattoo will be decals (i.e.: the black tattoos). I do not know the ratio of decal to hand paint that will exist for the body tattoo just that some of it will be hand painted and some will be decal.
Sorry Alex, what do you mean by black tattoo? Do you mean all of the black spotting? That runs the full length of his body head to toe, Will the brown areas beneath also be decals?

Thanks again.
Correct..the black spotting. The brown, yellow, beige, bronze, etc. paint schemes you see on the body, armor, weapons, face. etc are not decals. Those elements would be airbrushed/painted.

I've decided I'm not buying this...

2mey987.jpg

Last edited:
Back