Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

I couldnt seem to find how to skip through the video, couldnt make it past some guy posing on a couch...

They really were taking anyone watching for fools.

Unfortunately all the people commenting were fools :lol

Buy Coolprops City hunter bust and skip this one happily.
I can only come up with this line after seeing the video.

Did anyone happen to get any screenshots of this decal process? Missed out and want to see what's going on.

They didn't show them being applied. Just mentioned that the body and head detail on the production pieces will be mostly decals. You didn't really miss anything else.

Not really miffed at the decals thing. Th Neytiri LSF has them too and they look great so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wish I could've seen the video though.

The video was very poor quality. Gave an idea of size, which was very impressive, but no detailed views of paint, sorry stickers, and detail.
Pose works well and stand for alternate portrait also looked pretty good.

Could see the stupid bald face which has totally killed it for me :(

People would do well to remember that the surface of the sculpt for the P2 (crown AND body) is very contoured (look at pretty much ANY prepaint, GK or action figure of the P2). Getting decals to attach properly (and stay in place over time) is going to be a b itch of a job - and with Sideshow's QC record (particularly on Preds) - well - just no way I see this delivering a happy ending for buyers.

As pointed out by a better man that I elsewhere - we doubt Neytiri has a P2's topography where decals were / will be used.

Yes, the Queen. A fairly simple decal, that is. I've seen a ton of pics with misaligned decals or even decals that peeled off and were covered with paint (resulting in a mismatching color between the black of the paint and the black of the decal). A lot of people seemed happy with their misaligned decals or didn't even notice it, soooo I guess that as usual someone with lower standards will end up accepting this P2 too.

Again, in my experience the decals on the QotD was done well. Some had some misaligned/broken decals, yes and there were some valid issues with those, but a good portion of the outspoken complainers were ones who's decal was 1-2mm off-center. It was nitpicking in my opinion.

Sure, Queen is a lot cheaper than this, but like I said previously I also have Neytiri and her decals are great. A lot of people even think/thought it is paint. You really can't tell unless you shine a bright light on it.

It will be interesting to see the final result here, but I hope we are all pleasantly surprised.

Marker, as a kit builder, I have quite a bit of experience with decals. All I can say is this, if the option is there to paint something instead of using a decal, I will take it 100% of the time. Sure decals are easier to use, but paint is just better. This is $1200 because it is a complicated piece. So while the paint app might not be easy, it is expected for the cost. Decals just won't cut it on this one.

Plus they are actually more difficult to apply than you may think, they take lots of prep, care and attention to apply properly. They generally also need a decal solution applied afterwards to make them dissolve into all of the fine details of the subject they are being applied to. Finally they need properly sealing and the risk is always there that they will silver over time. We know these factories like to take short cuts wherever they can, I can see this turning out very badly but I hope I am wrong. Even if they are applied perfectly, I'm not sure I want to pay so much for a statue that isn't even painted, or a large portion at least.

It's all part of Sideshow's strategic plan to reduce the edition size :)

Heck - at least that would be SOME "compensation" for those that go through with the purchase and decide to hang onto it :lol

No way in hell I'll ever buy this - every time I'd look at it I'd be reminded of how they treated their customer base - let alone all the glaring issues (that have now increased by 1 - "decalgate").

Found this on the other forum for anyone who missed the video...

33p97uu.jpg

:yuck

Back