Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

It was quite vague, I didn't push it any further, I suspect some wires have been crossed somewhere and we should expect most of the pattern to be decals head to toe. There is absolutely zero reason for the black spotting to be details if the rest will be paint, they are very easy to paint on. I'm surprised the ES hasn't been dropped yet, seems like nobody was buying this even before the decals were announced.

100% agree with you Matt - so I gather from this that:

• The black on the crown/skullplate will be a decal.
  • Some unknown percentage of the black spotting on the torso, legs & arms (plus possibly hands/feet!) will be decals

This is a gift that keeps on giving :lol

Yeah, it's just a shame all around. I still really like the concept and the design, and I so want a 1/4 P2 in my life. But this is the most poorly managed and sorry project I've ever seen in this hobby, genuinely. I wouldn't be surprised if it went the way of the Elder LSB frankly which would be a shame.

But imagine this for a second.....

The foundations are very much there, this thing has so much potential and could be so cool that it is unreal! If I were a high up at SSC, I'd pull this again for as long as needed and be very upfront about why, nobody would complain. I'd fix the glaring issues (the crazy dreads, the terrible masked head, small spear, useless EX and quills at least) I'd give it to a factory that can actually do it justice without relying on decals! and I'd drop the ES back to what is was originally as frankly, upping it after everything else was taking the biscuit on a whole new level! And I'd put the time and effort into this that the P2 and the customers deserve. Just imagine what that would do for sideshows reputation, and for sales of this thing. It would fly off of the shelf and SSC would gain a huge boost from doing such a thing in an age where many people have negative opinions about them due to projects like this. I'm a Sideshow fan, but it's hard to find much good about this one as it stands. If you're listening relevant SSC higher ups, we want to love this thing, we really do, the art directors want to polish it up, listen to us please. There is no better example in this hobby of such a missed opportunity as this maquette. But it really wouldn't take that much at all to turn it around completely...

nMpx78k.png

Yeah, it's just a shame all around. I still really like the concept and the design, and I so want a 1/4 P2 in my life. But this is the most poorly managed and sorry project I've ever seen in this hobby, genuinely. I wouldn't be surprised if it went the way of the Elder LSB frankly which would be a shame.

But imagine this for a second.....

The foundations are very much there, this thing has so much potential and could be so cool that it is unreal! If I were a high up at SSC, I'd pull this again for as long as needed and be very upfront about why, nobody would complain. I'd fix the glaring issues (the crazy dreads, the terrible masked head, small spear, useless EX and quills at least) I'd give it to a factory that can actually do it justice without relying on decals! and I'd drop the ES back to what is was originally as frankly, upping it after everything else was taking the biscuit on a whole new level! And I'd put the time and effort into this that the P2 and the customers deserve. Just imagine what that would do for sideshows reputation, and for sales of this thing. It would fly off of the shelf and SSC would gain a huge boost from doing such a thing in an age where many people have negative opinions about them due to projects like this. I'm a Sideshow fan, but it's hard to find much good about this one as it stands. If you're listening relevant SSC higher ups, we want to love this thing, we really do, the art directors want to polish it up, listen to us please. There is no better example in this hobby of such a missed opportunity as this maquette. But it really wouldn't take that much at all to turn it around completely . . .

Take a bow, Sir :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

wisewords1.jpg

I called SS and cxld my PO-the CS rep refunded my $120- no questions asked. I can't justify dropping $1,200 on this when a $100 Neca 1:4 scale uses paint.

Oh I thought you were going to post pics of your wolf pred here too.

Nah, just where I know some decent people will find it in threads they follow along with putting it in a few threads that, you know, relate to the piece. Although now you've said it... A pic of my updated Wolf in this thread might shed some positivity, but mind you... You may quote it! Lmfao!!!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I called SS and cxld my PO-the CS rep refunded my $120- no questions asked. I can't justify dropping $1,200 on this when a $100 Neca 1:4 scale uses paint.

Sounds like they are getting used to the customer reaction on this.

I'm starting to wonder if the piece may get cancelled by Sideshow after all.

For those of you that really want it - I (sincerely) hope that's not the case.

I have a feeling everybody can wait for in hand pictures and still get an EX without too much trouble... I'm sure it will go to wait list at some point but we all know how little that means these days. I just wish they would sort this out. I want it so much, but not in this state, the decals are just the cherry on top.

Even though I cancelled my PO, I'm still hoping this turns out to be a really good piece. If in hand pics and reviews are positive, I'll gladly re-order it.

So - it's gone quiet again - maybe about to be cancelled ?!?! (* gasp *) (* only joking *) :ghost

Do you expect the customer to speak to themselves? ;)

All kidding aside, I still hope hey sort their **** out with this one, I still want to buy it, I just refuse to do so in its current state.

Do you expect the customer to speak to themselves? ;)

All kidding aside, I still hope hey sort their **** out with this one, I still want to buy it, I just refuse to do so in its current state.
Indeed. I don't like my Predators with a gangsta lean...

Yq1FlUM.jpg

Back