Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

"Have a couple of predophiles in the office and they have looked at it and made sure it is totally up to their specifications"

LMAO

. . . and now decals !?! - while they will reduce the number of paint quality concerns they will introduce other risks.

Dunno guys - just when you thought it couldn't get any better huh.

(* EDIT - apologies - many thanks for posting the link! *)

All I know is that it looks amazing with the masked sculpt in that grainy video. Inaccuracies and all. The unmasked head does look rather off though.

If you're on a computer (not a phone) just click the link and then click the big "play" button in the middle of the screen.

All I know is that it looks amazing with the masked sculpt in that grainy video. Inaccuracies and all. The unmasked head does look rather off though.

The masked head is the worst thing about this imo... Along with the dreads.

Gotta try it on a computer. Couldnt get it to work on my android phone either.

Ok cool. Will look after I've finished watching Predator ;)

e8ed6dfc01de579d76e0c1e65f696dd6.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Just watched the video... Meh!
The 'production manager' didn't even know the size of the Maquette or the edition numbers?? WTH??
Even my wife shouted down at the screen at him!!! Hahahaha!!!!!
Seeing it in hand like that... It looks a nice piece and the head stand was a pleasant addition. BUT like Python and most of you say...
This thing is way off amazing!
No quills... So blatantly obvious now that Col pointed that out to me. Sideshow... What happened? To the guys in 'Predfiles' what exactly did you all agree that you were happy about?
Please refer to the original P1 maquette head! Even that had LED lights which had no problems... Technology has moved on and the production manager said he didn't want any 'complications'
I kinda think the 3 red dots is a massive thing. Was slightly miffed that my Wolf LSF didn't have them.
Sideshow = quantity over quality. :( sad times!

Oh lord!!! I'm moving to Narin for a few pieces now and the old good statues...
Someone else needs the Predator license.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

They need someone do to diligent research for me.:pow

I was impressed. It looks like a big, cool, predator statue. But it's $1200 and not the $500-$600 it should be priced at for how bad the paint looked, how inaccurate it is, and how much of a hassle the pre-order for this has been.

Is it just me or do the yellow-painted parts of the skin look extremely bland and lifeless? Especially the head. It may just be because the video quality wasn't very good, but there seems to be a great lack of shading/depth in the yellow paint application.

It would probably be worth buying at $500-600, that would leave some room for the massive customization it needs to look right.

Video quality was shockingly bad, and it cut out on me half way through or so(I think, I did not replay), but only thing I liked was the size. Even with that quality video you could see how bad the dreads looked and undersized the spear was. Then I laughed at the decal and electronics comments, wow, really.

Back